NEW CDC ... NO MASKS NEEDED FOR VACCINATED PERSONS ??

22 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Dr.  Fauci was on TV this morning, and said no need to wear masks outside if vaccinated and not in a crowd. 

The order that's supposed to be official sometime today is supposed to expand that so that, if vaccinated, there's no need to wear a mask inside in most circumstances either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zjp3016 said:

The order that's supposed to be official sometime today is supposed to expand that so that, if vaccinated, there's no need to wear a mask inside in most circumstances either.

That just happened.

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky detailed the announcement at a White House briefing.

"Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing," she said. "If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.

"We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy," she said.

The announcement comes after Walensky faced criticism for the CDC being too slow to provide a path back to normalcy for fully vaccinated people, over 117 million of whom are in the U.S. Walensky has defended the CDC's approach as scientifically-based to ensure protection not just for individuals but also the entire U.S. population.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, zjp3016 said:

Yes, I wonder if that clip from Dr. Fauci was from the other day? Anyway, happy with the new CDC guidance, hope they apply it to cruise ships!!!!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mmcgann11 said:

However, the CDC guidelines say masks still needed on modes of public transportation. So, it's unclear how this will impact cruise ships at this moment.

Apparently covid prefers to use public transportation.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Not quite sure what "except where required by federal, state, etc..." entails. From the CDC website:

Summary of Recent Changes

Updates as of May 13, 2021
  • Update that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  • Update that fully vaccinated people can refrain from testing following a known exposure unless they are residents or employees of a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mmcgann11 said:

However, the CDC guidelines say masks still needed on modes of public transportation. So, it's unclear how this will impact cruise ships at this moment.

Very true. I consider a cruise ship as more of a floating hotel/resort, hopefully they will too, nah what am I thinking.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Dr.  Fauci was on TV this morning, and said no need to wear masks outside if vaccinated and not in a crowd. 

I'm not listening to one word HE says.  Good enough the CDC says no mask inside OR outside for Vaxd.  That's how it's been here where we are for a couple weeks, no masks inside my Mother's day lunch, just servers.  But now it's official so we can relax.  There's no way cruise lines can be singled out without derision based on this new release.  But hey, if anybody wants to wear one go right ahead, I will not even smile!  Your perogative, but I'm NOT!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Espn said:

Very true. I consider a cruise ship as more of a floating hotel/resort, hopefully they will too, nah what am I thinking.

It will all be over by the time cruising actually resumes, except vac requirement for a few more months then that will disappear also.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Update that fully vaccinated people can refrain from testing

So this means only young children will be required to test before departure, right?  IF you have your vax credentials....

1 minute ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

It will all be over by the time cruising actually resumes, except vac requirement for a few more months then that will disappear also.

Bite your tongue, I don't want to go through this again, I'm getting my vaccines every year like clock work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/cdc-says-fully-vaccinated-people-dont-need-to-wear-face-masks-indoors-or-outdoors-in-most-settings.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

The mask statements are about 3 minutes in, but the rest is interesting to listen to...

Edited by orville99

Just now, birdylady said:

Sooooo, do people now need to wear a badge, pin, sticker stating they’ve been vaccinated so everyone doesn’t flip out and play mask police.   Asking for a friend.

Erika

I was going to ask the same thing.  I guess I'll be carrying my vax card everywhere!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Sooooo, do people now need to wear a badge, pin, sticker stating they’ve been vaccinated so everyone doesn’t flip out and play mask police.   Asking for a friend.

Erika

I have mine already.  Yeah yeah, I know anyone can buy these, but I have my card in my CC case 

Button_ba51411a-d316-4fc2-9030-d63f80b51f82_540x.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Erika

I think this is the exact reason you still have to wear a mask on public transportation. Human behavioral science, not medical science.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

Here’s how I see it. Remove restrictions. For those that can’t or won’t get vaccinated, they need to protect themselves. If they choose not to, that’s the risk they take. I am tired of being in the same bubble as the unvaccinated. Millions have gotten the vaccinations , and we are ready to move on.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Ace will be sooooo disappointed! 😇  New campaign:  Masks for the after-life forever. 😷

I thought Ace said masks were going to be required forever........or May 13, 2021. 

I forget. It was definitely one of the two. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, you may have had Covid and not know it and spread it to 100 people. Nice!

I don't know about @ToroAzul, but I've made it my life's work to infect others with Covid as much as possible. After all, that's what refusing to wear a mask is all about, right Jimbo? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1