Now that the CDC is not going to require vaccines, would you want to cruise right away?

Now that the CDC is not going to require vaccines, would you want to cruise right away?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the CDC is not going to require vaccines, would you want to cruise right away?

• Yes
    • No

I am ready, but I am vaccinated. If someone should come down with Covid that has not taken all reasonable precautions, quarantine them to their cabin and they can get treatment when we return, if they make it. I'm done with the nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I am ready, but I am vaccinated. If someone should come down with Covid that has not taken all reasonable precautions, quarantine them to their cabin and they can get treatment when we return, if they make it. I'm done with the nonsense.

I agree with you. The problem is that we don't know yet what the ships' response will be. If they lock down the entire ship we have no option other than to comply. We really need for things to get started. I need some answers before I have to make some final payments.

• Like 4

On 5/23/2021 at 10:14 AM, soup51 said:

I haven't seen anyone on this thread talk about the comorbidies that caused many of the deaths related to covid.  Perhaps instead of worrying about whether or not you are vaccinated (which by the way in no way makes you 100 per cent immune!!)  I think you should have to be weighed and your blood pressure taken and prove that your BMI is within the non obese range and prove that you don't have diabetes before cruising.   You do realize that a vaccinated person could be the one to test positive on the cruise and ruin it for everyone as you have proposed will happen if non vaccinated people are allowed to cruise. 

Have you been on a cuise ship? 50-75% of the folks are pretty much obese. The beautful hard bodies from the Love Boat don't happen these days. 

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree with you. The problem is that we don't know yet what the ships' response will be. If they lock down the entire ship we have no option other than to comply. We really need for things to get started. I need some answers before I have to make some final payments.

Why don't you read what they plan to do?

8 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Have you been on a cuise ship? 50-75% of the folks are pretty much obese. The beautful hard bodies from the Love Boat don't happen these days. 

Speaking of The Love Boat, RIP Gavin Macleod.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same here, I am not confident about any of my bookings prior to Allure in February 

1 hour ago, RoyalC said:

Why don't you read what they plan to do?

1 hour ago, RoyalC said:

I've read that before. There is nothing in there that addresses my concerns. 

I absolutely believe the cruise lines should REQUIRE vaccinations, unless of course, they're going from a U.S. port to another and back or a cruise to nowhere so that we/they are not in contact with others in a foreign country where they may not be as under control as we are. If ONE person comes in contact with someone say, in Cozumel, suddenly this person is bringing it back on-board a ship full of un-vaccinated passengers. That is INSANE! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sailor05 said:

I absolutely believe the cruise lines should REQUIRE vaccinations, unless of course, they're going from a U.S. port to another and back or a cruise to nowhere so that we/they are not in contact with others in a foreign country where they may not be as under control as we are. If ONE person comes in contact with someone say, in Cozumel, suddenly this person is bringing it back on-board a ship full of un-vaccinated passengers. That is INSANE! 

You do realize that the US is among the worst in the world, right? 12th for cases and deaths per million, with small countries like Gibraltar and Vatican ahead of us. The only large country worse than us is Brazil. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

You do realize that the US is among the worst in the world, right? 12th for cases and deaths per million, with small countries like Gibraltar and Vatican ahead of us. The only large country worse than us is Brazil. 

Actually, as of today, we're 15th on the CDC's global list:

Capture.JPG

39 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

US Cases per Million 13th. But Deaths per Million people US is 18th. 1--Hungary, 2-Boznia-Hetz, 3-Czechia, 4-Gibraltar, 5-San Marino, 6-North Macedonia, 7-Bulgaria, 8-Montenegro, 9-Slovakia, 10-Brazil, 11-Belgium, 12-Slovenia, 13-Italy, 14-Peru, 15-Croatia, 16-Poland, 17-UK, 18-US... Deaths per Cases even lower yet. Though we all in this together, we'll never know total Cases or Deaths

• Like 1