Vision from Bermuda cancelled

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Adventure out of Nassau🤔

Who knows 

It literally sails in 23 days.

If they cancel it this late in the game there is going to be at least one person going full postal.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, NightOne said:

It literally sails in 23 days.

If they cancel it this late in the game there is going to be at least one person going full postal.

1200 crew headed this way for J&J vaccine.

Nothing like cutting it close.😉🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just think what happens if just 1 of them test positive for  Covid before they get here.

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

1. Hope it's the one shot vaccine.

2. How many crew members from India made it out of the country?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those have much better itineraries going for them.  Bermuda was a lousy itinerary. 

They certainly do.  I actually wish those itineraries were available from US ports.  I guess we'll see.  Travelers are going to get frustrated and stick with land packages if cruise lines begin canceling because of low occupancy.  I

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

They are starting the process to allow crew from India tomorrow. It's lengthy. 

Per Michael Bayley: 

"We are re starting crewing from India on May 21st. There will be enhanced protocols to ensure safety. PCR test, 14 day quarantine, PCR test, Charter flight, PCR test, Vaccine, Quarantine and PCR test. Hopefully these enhanced protocols will only be in place for a short time as we all become vaccinated. Other countries where the pandemic is surging will have same protocols. FYI. Crew contracts will be lengthened during this period by 2 months. All details will be presented to each crewmember before the journey begins. Onwards and upwards team !"

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm going to guess they have already quarantined onboard for 14 days.

One of the performers in the ice show posted some videos on Youtube that showed her process. I believe she boarded April 25th or thereabouts

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just think what happens if just 1 of them test positive for  Covid before they get here.

They are already a day behind schedule, should have been here today. 

Now they have to dbl park with Explorer 

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They are starting the process to allow crew from India tomorrow. It's lengthy. 

Per Michael Bayley: 

"We are re starting crewing from India on May 21st. There will be enhanced protocols to ensure safety. PCR test, 14 day quarantine, PCR test, Charter flight, PCR test, Vaccine, Quarantine and PCR test. Hopefully these enhanced protocols will only be in place for a short time as we all become vaccinated. Other countries where the pandemic is surging will have same protocols. FYI. Crew contracts will be lengthened during this period by 2 months. All details will be presented to each crewmember before the journey begins. Onwards and upwards team !"

Thank you! Hope things work out for all of them.

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those have much better itineraries going for them.  Bermuda was a lousy itinerary. 

I wouldn't mind days at sea and just the private island. What is interesting is DCL sells a lot of cruises with a stop at Castaway Cay and Nassau where majority of the ship doesn't get off, and there is a sizeable number of B2B passengers. And the double dip Castaway Cay cruises often sell for a premium.

Given this cruise was Bermuda, a few days at sea and CocoCay, it sounds like a nice cruise. I just wish is sailed from Baltimore or Norfolk.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Yes, J&J is the one shot. That is what Explorer crew got on Monday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

I wouldn't mind days at sea and just the private island. What is interesting is DCL sells a lot of cruises with a stop at Castaway Cay and Nassau where majority of the ship doesn't get off, and there is a sizeable number of B2B passengers. And the double dip Castaway Cay cruises often sell for a premium.

Given this cruise was Bermuda, a few days at sea and CocoCay, it sounds like a nice cruise. I just wish is sailed from Baltimore or Norfolk.

No Mouse onboard the Royal's ships. Mouse is Premium.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

I think the hard part for some people to swallow on Vision cancellation is that they were kind of told "Finally you can cruise. You can safely book this one without worrying about it being cancelled because of Covid."

and then Royal cancels it because of low sales volume. That hurts.

Edited by NightOne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Now that the Bermuda cruises are cancelled (and Vision is crewed up to sail??), they should move Vision to Baltimore until Enchantment is ready to sail.  🙂

A good idea and then they can sail to Bermuda.  Reasonable flights to Baltimore with three area airports can usually be found, especially on Southwest.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

If they cancelled just because of low bookings, then I agree it isn’t a very wise move on their part.  There could have been other factors as well but I guess we’ll never know.

For sure, when there are flights and hotels involved, it complicates the matter substantially for those who had their vacations cancelled.  Not good for RCI’s image. 

Usually have my Travel Plans, Hotel/Air, all done 6-12 months before a Cruise. Have Multiple Cruises every 4 months w/o my usually travel Booked. Fly about dozen times year and up til recently Airline had free change/Cancel/FCC but as things are getting back normal and Full Flights, that benefit ended. When Cruising starts hope not caught with my pants down, $$$, scheduling at last minute. 

• Like 2

They canceled a season in Dubai for low interest.  To make a profit you need a certain percent.  If they have no hope for getting it, and it's not even close.....than I see why. People around me that cruise have been waiting to see what happens in Bahamas.....but no one had a slightest interest in Bermuda.

3 hours ago, 100viper said:

Makes sense. Flights for Bermuda seem like a lot more planning than a flight to Nassau. 

The flights to Bermuda were very cheap too.   I was booked with A2S for $149 pp RT with American airlines and the exact same flight was $770 if I had booked direct with AA.   So I guess they were subdizing a large amount of money for these flights to be this cheap.     Probably part of their decision to cancel.   

It's a very easy flight to Bermuda for us.     Flight out of PHL is just over 2 hrs - non stop.

The fact they are not giving a lift and shift option is annoying.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

They canceled a season in Dubai for low interest.  To make a profit you need a certain percent.  If they have no hope for getting it, and it's not even close.....than I see why. People around me that cruise have been waiting to see what happens in Bahamas.....but no one had a slightest interest in Bermuda.

On a Celebrity call this week they did not hold back at all in saying that if they can't 'get to' the 40-60% range on some of their cruises they would open it up to TA's. I have a feeling none of these cruises, Caribbean or US, are booked as strongly as they hoped. Although it would be much easier for American's to book a last minute cruise from Florida in July or August. We could get r/t tickets for less than $200/pp.

Not a bad deal if your alternative plans would include renting a car somewhere which is insanely expensive right now.

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Adventure out of Nassau🤔

Who knows 

When I spoke to a rep about the cancellation of my vision sailing I asked if there is any chance they will cancel the Adventure sailings.      She said she didn't think so as the sales for most weeks have been strong but you never know these days.    

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Bermuda is the star on that itinerary. I can't see people spending money to fly to Bermuda to sail to Coco Cay. Bermuda is the destination for me. I can't wait until they start the regular Bermuda itineraries on Celebrity. 

as a Long Islander,I wan't two things.#1 open Bayonne and bring back Celebrity and Royal. and #2,bring back 7nt. 3 day stay at Bermuda, with a price that's more attractive.

• Like 4