Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne

13 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

Yes, but whatever your opinion may be on the topic, I can guarantee you with no doubt that you would not see the first ship sailing with 2500 adults and no kids. I guess ultimately that will prove my point. 

Absolutely no one said they would sail without kids, it seems you are just looking for an argument.  

Have a nice evening.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Absolutely no one said they would sail without kids, it seems you are just looking for an argument.  

Have a nice evening.

You too! Hopefully the cruises sail at the end of August from Bayonne on all the ships. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

With Royal setting up these negotiations to sail with 1/2 capacity, did anyone consider that they could start with Odyssey of the Seas out of Bayonne in August? At present, there are no bookings and no dates "revealed" for the US when it arrives. I also think that they can easily cancel existing sailings of Oasis through August/September due to the negotiation requirement if they are truly booked beyond 50% presently. I would not put it past them to simply cancel, offer lift and shift and FCCs to start sailing with Odyssey or Vision or some other vessel. Just my opinion.

Odyssey was my first thought too. And Oasis.  I am just happy about the news.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

3000 passengers or the number of passengers plus crew plus entertainment or are the latter two category numbers deducted from the 3000.

Just start packing.🙂

Let others do the Math.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

I'm assuming you're just saying because you don't have kids you're bringing, a bit self-serving. However, if you really look at it, I think the suite we buy with our son (who is 15 and has first shot anyways) provides them with a lot of revenue. Families are very high revenue generators, so not sure I agree with your assumption. Not that it affects us, but regardless. 

I have to agree with LaLa and not enough cruising.  If they delay kids, let’s just make an easy number for math, if they exclude third and fourth births for 300 kids, they can sell at full price 150 more rooms of all categories at full price.  

Plus, the delay will be temporary, as they will most likely increase to 75% a few months down the road and 100% by early next year.

Eddie

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I have to agree with LaLa and not enough cruising.  If they delay kids, let’s just make an easy number for math, if they exclude third and fourth births for 300 kids, they can sell at full price 150 more rooms of all categories at full price.  

Plus, the delay will be temporary, as they will most likely increase to 75% a few months down the road and 100% by early next year.

Eddie

I think it would be cool to see the seniors take over the kiddie pool. I suppose if this did make sense from a financial standpoint, Royal would likely be doing it. 

8 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

I think it would be cool to see the seniors take over the kiddie pool. I suppose if this did make sense from a financial standpoint, Royal would likely be doing it. 

I can’t say I understand that comment, but I know it is not self serving, since you accused someone else of being so.

i was just looking at math,

Eddie

Edited by Eddie Wilson
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Who cares about proving anyone's points.

Can people not be happy for anything???!!!!!!

This is a step towards the positive! Be happy!

Amen!! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Impossible to happen.  They will need to reduce the capacity on those already booked on the August sailings.  If they cut current bookings at 75% and need to get to 50%, then 1/3 of currently booked people will need to move.  The first slashing act should be to find out who is vaccinated.  All adults will probably need to be since the 5% unvaccinated should be kids under 12 that can't get the jab.

Did they commit to vaccinated sailings?  Word today is RCL is looking at doing test cruises out of the US, so that would lead one to believe it would be a fleet-wide decision to not have a vaccine requirement.  A big mistake I believe, but it is their call.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Did they commit to vaccinated sailings?  Word today is RCL is looking at doing test cruises out of the US, so that would lead one to believe it would be a fleet-wide decision to not have a vaccine requirement.  A big mistake I believe, but it is their call.  

That could be fatal decision, I sure hope they don't go that route............all this news today about sailings starting and the stock only went up $1.00.............that is telling you something right there.

2 hours ago, tcrandal said:

I'm assuming you're just saying because you don't have kids you're bringing, a bit self-serving. However, if you really look at it, I think the suite we buy with our son (who is 15 and has first shot anyways) provides them with a lot of revenue. Families are very high revenue generators, so not sure I agree with your assumption. Not that it affects us, but regardless. 

I have grandkids. Just stating facts. No self serving comment, rest assured

The ship will sail at 50% capacity. If demand is strong, they can be choosy on who sails. Kids don't buy drinks, gamble, or pay full fare for dining. Do the math. Also is August or September a KSF promotion? If so, they don't even pay for their berth.

Maybe they'll make adjustments for 'suite' passengers😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I can’t say I understand that comment, but I know it is not self serving, since you accused someone else of being so.

i was just looking at math,

Eddie

I would imagine Royal would also be doing math too and is pretty good at understanding their profit centers. 

4 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

I would imagine Royal would also be doing math too and is pretty good at understanding their profit centers. 

These are trying times. What worked well pre covid may end up on back burner during restart

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

These are trying times. What worked well pre covid may end up on back burner during restart

Time shall tell.. They aren't giving up on their core profit center - Families. And that profit center is lining up in droves to throw down money. Again, fun debate, much better than the pronunciation of "Cay". :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lauren0309 said:

BAYONNE, NJ - After extensive discussions with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, local and state health officials, and the Office of Emergency Management, Royal Caribbean is planning to sail its first cruise ship out of Port Liberty in Bayonne in August, TAPinto Bayonne has learned.

“Right now, we’re hearing the first ship will leave in August at half capacity,” said Mayor Jimmy Davis. “This means that if the ship can accommodate 6,000, then 3,000 will be allowed on board.”

Major Jimmy Davis is Mayor of Bayonne, New Jersey.  Was there also an announcement from RCCL or the Port Authority of NY/NJ confirming this?

30 minutes ago, jptoz said:

So is RCI doing test cruises in Florida, and Texas,  and 95/98 vaccinated cruises everywhere else. Kind of seems like the plan.

I don’t think they’ve committed to doing vaccinated cruises anywhere in the US. 

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Major Jimmy Davis is Mayor of Bayonne, New Jersey.  Was there also an announcement from RCCL or the Port Authority of NY/NJ confirming this?

No announcement from PANYNJ or the RCG.  In fact, this is the only article on the topic.  A well-known blogger has reached out to RCG for confirmation, as of this morning, he has not heard back.  I, on the other hand, emailed Mayor Davis and asked him/his office to confirm the validity of the content in the article that he is quoted in and/or furnish a second primary source and his/her contact info. so that it can be verified.  I will post if I hear back from Mayor Davis' office.

• Like 2