Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne

On 5/25/2021 at 2:58 AM, SNJCruisers said:

And you know this is true, how?

I cannot imagine anyone wanting to book a inside cabin at this stage, imagine you have to be quarantined for some reason can't imagine a worse scenario than being stuck in a cabin without daylight / fresh air for days.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tcrandal said:

Following up to the topic of vaccinations.. Oasis is / was in the Miami port today until 5pm again getting additional vaccinations for the crew. That's a great sign that things are ramping up for the Oasis! Is that ship sailing from Florida at all before the Bayonne sailings (yes, I should have looked it up, just was curious if anyone knew)?

Oasis was scheduled to have started Cape Liberty sailings back in mid May......which obviously, were cancelled.

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I cannot imagine anyone wanting to book a inside cabin at this stage, imagine you have to be quarantined for some reason can't imagine a worse scenario than being stuck in a cabin without daylight / fresh air for days.

I guess you could book an inside with a virtual window;  that would give you light, but not fresh air

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I only had one inside cabin on my first ever cruise of Princess and would never do that again. Now with what is going on no freaking way! I don't care what the premium is for a balcony I will also go that route. 

7 hours ago, LXA350 said:

FWIW, if you truly get quarantined, they may move you to an inside cabin. 😉

• Like 1

I just read a shared post by Brian Carty on the  Crown and Anchor Society group page on Facebook  showing photos of the crews getting vaccinated. Posted 18 hrs ago by 

462 Vaccines today 👍.
185 Vision of the Seas crew in Port Canaveral, 131 Freedom of the Seas
Pfizer (2nd dose) in Port Miami and
146 Oasis of the Seas crew Pfizer (2nd dose) in Port Miami. Onwards and upwards !
  • Like 5

On 5/28/2021 at 4:47 PM, Jcrosby42509 said:

From the website, it shows only July and August sailings for Oasis... and then beyond that I didn't check.

We are booked on Oasis in October from Bayonne, so she is there until fall.

12 hours ago, LXA350 said:

If you are so paranoid about the possibility of being quarantined,  why are you cruising?  If the ship is at a 95% vaccination rate, the possibility of a quarantine situation arising is very slim.  

You need to start looking at the glass as half full.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you are so paranoid about the possibility of being quarantined,  why are you cruising?  If the ship is at a 95% vaccination rate, the possibility of a quarantine situation arising is very slim.  

You need to start looking at the glass as half full.

By the time we get to August every child will be able to get the vaccine and on top of that there is a distinct possibility of some of the vaccines getting full FDA approval by then.  Nothing to fear really. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

By the time we get to August every child will be able to get the vaccine and on top of that there is a distinct possibility of some of the vaccines getting full FDA approval by then.  Nothing to fear really. 

The only thing to fear is the test cruise route which is being used to let unvaccinated kids sail, but also let unvaccinated adults sail as well. A significant percentage of unvaccinated adults on board would be the only thing to fear because of the increased possibility of a breakout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The only thing to fear is the test cruise route which is being used to let unvaccinated kids sail, but also let unvaccinated adults sail as well. A significant percentage of unvaccinated adults on board would be the only thing to fear because of the increased possibility of a breakout.

It could, but you need to remember if you can get a vaccine they will require it which currently is everyone above 12 I believe.  There are no regulations against this rule in NJ or NY as far as I know.  So the amount of unvaccinated people will be extremely small or 0 by then.  If the vaccinated people is 95% and above by then and all of the 5% are unvaccinated are children.  They won't have to return to port or anything so it should be safe. 

5 hours ago, cscurlock said:

It could, but you need to remember if you can get a vaccine they will require it which currently is everyone above 12 I believe.  There are no regulations against this rule in NJ or NY as far as I know.  So the amount of unvaccinated people will be extremely small or 0 by then.  If the vaccinated people is 95% and above by then and all of the 5% are unvaccinated are children.  They won't have to return to port or anything so it should be safe. 

I was under the impression that the ships were either going to go the 95% vaccinated route in order to get sailing as soon as possible or do the test cruise route, which would open things up for a higher percentage of unvaccinated as well as the kids who could not get the jab yet.  RCI has not come out with an official list yet as to which ships are taking which path, as far as I know.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was under the impression that the ships were either going to go the 95% vaccinated route in order to get sailing as soon as possible or do the test cruise route, which would open things up for a higher percentage of unvaccinated as well as the kids who could not get the jab yet.  RCI has not come out with an official list yet as to which ships are taking which path, as far as I know.

If the threshold is met of the 95% which they should know at the time of sailing then its technically a vaccinated cruise as far as the CDCs rules are concerned.  That's why I say by august most children will be eligible and they should hit that 95% easily.  They are just doing the test cruises just in case they have more unvaccinated children to bring them below the 95% threshold.

20 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

If the threshold is met of the 95% which they should know at the time of sailing then its technically a vaccinated cruise as far as the CDCs rules are concerned.  That's why I say by august most children will be eligible and they should hit that 95% easily.  They are just doing the test cruises just in case they have more unvaccinated children to bring them below the 95% threshold.

I was under the impression that a side effect of the test cruise route would allow unvaccinated adults who wish to cruise and were against the jab would thus be able to cruise.  I was under the impression that the all adults are vaccinated rule on RCI was only for the Alaska cruises and nothing has officially been announced regarding the Caribbean cruises.

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was under the impression that a side effect of the test cruise route would allow unvaccinated adults who wish to cruise and were against the jab would thus be able to cruise.  I was under the impression that the all adults are vaccinated rule on RCI was only for the Alaska cruises and nothing has officially been announced regarding the Caribbean cruises.

It hasn't been officially announced but I remember RC saying they would require vaccinations for everyone who is vaccinated but since all children wont be able to get the vaccine yet they were going to do the test cruise route just in case that % would drop below the 95%.  The CEO said to BBC "we expect all of our guests who are eligible for a vaccine to have it".  

Just now, cscurlock said:

It hasn't been officially announced but I remember RC saying they would require vaccinations for everyone who is vaccinated but since all children wont be able to get the vaccine yet they were going to do the test cruise route just in case that % would drop below the 95%.  The CEO said to BBC "we expect all of our guests who are eligible for a vaccine to have it".  

I still think that the test cruise route is going to allow the unvaccinated adults to come in droves.  It's a major battle over on the Carnival boards with many vocal anti jabbers that have caused multiple threads to go down the rabbit hole and be closed.

9 hours ago, lakelorain said:

We are booked on Oasis in October from Bayonne, so she is there until fall.

Facts: Oasis was supposed to be sailing out of Bayonne now through the end of October.  The port is under the control of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.  The Port Authority has never said cruise ships can't sail due to COVID. 

Opinion: There is no way in hell that New Jersey would block Royal from requiring Vaccines.  I suspect that unofficially, Royal will be encouraged to require them.

Tom

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I still think that the test cruise route is going to allow the unvaccinated adults to come in droves.  It's a major battle over on the Carnival boards with many vocal anti jabbers that have caused multiple threads to go down the rabbit hole and be closed.

They might for the  test cruise.  But at the end of the day if something happens with 150-300 passengers on board on an Oasis class ship, then they know for sure they need to change their policies to make it more strict in an unvaccinated cruise.  That's the whole point of these test cruises.  Its only going to be 1 cruise per ship after that all the people that can be vaccinated will be required to board.