Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne

10 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

What happened to the September 5th Oasis sailing?  I looked at it the other day and now it isn't on the cruise line's website.  

I'm hoping that's its sold out as I was asked a few days ago for final payment by my TA for the same cruise.  

Things are changing pretty fast here in N.J.  Attended Mass last night and no cap on capacity and mask were optional.  There was no separate section for vax vs. non-vax.  At this time, it's optional with many establishments.  Shop Rite and some restaurants require masks, but others have no such restrictions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Opinion: There is no way in hell that New Jersey would block Royal from requiring Vaccines.  I suspect that unofficially, Royal will be encouraged to require them.

Tom

I am of the same opinion.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm hoping that's its sold out as I was asked a few days ago for final payment by my TA for the same cruise.  

Itinerary adjustments perhaps. Starting from July 30 9 day. Just a guess.

29 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Itinerary adjustments perhaps. Starting from July 30 9 day. Just a guess.

Just off the phone with Customer Service and while the connection was so garbled, I was able to discern that the removal of the Sept. 5th sail from the website is that there are no cabins available for sale.  

PS.  Hoping it's true and not BS.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

What happened to the September 5th Oasis sailing?  I looked at it the other day and now it isn't on the cruise line's website.  

That is strange - I checked another site I use to check for available cabins, and this cruise shows with no stated ports of call, and every cabin is showing as sold out.  I'm on the Oasis on the 12th, and that one is still available to book.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

Things are changing pretty fast here in N.J.  Attended Mass last night and no cap on capacity and mask were optional.  There was no separate section for vax vs. non-vax.  At this time, it's optional with many establishments.  Shop Rite and some restaurants require masks, but others have no such restrictions.

I'm pretty sure ShopRite masks are optional? I thought so anyway, going there in a little bit actually so I'll find out. 

On 5/29/2021 at 6:25 AM, LXA350 said:

I cannot imagine anyone wanting to book a inside cabin at this stage, imagine you have to be quarantined for some reason can't imagine a worse scenario than being stuck in a cabin without daylight / fresh air for days.

In such a case if they are only sailing at 50% capacity, maybe this will be offering those in an inside cabin a free upgrade to a balcony cabin if they need to be quarantined

On 5/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, SNJCruisers said:

And they would have to be considered part of the 5% that is allowed by the CDC.  And of course your family would have to be part of the 50% or 60% capacity allowed.  Two possible difficult hoops for you to jump through.

Those guidelines are only for fully unmasked cruises.

As this labor day cruise caters to families that have children unable to receive vaccinations, I'd be surprised if RCL would go this route.

25 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

According to this link from Royal Caribbean blog Freedom will start sailing from Cape Liberty on July 3, 2021.

That site simply posts RCI's existing schedule as news, usually monthly. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The best friend of one of my son in laws is a high ranking member of the Port Authority police.

Awesome, but have they shared any info on cruising this summer with you🤔

11 hours ago, kpark895 said:

That is strange - I checked another site I use to check for available cabins, and this cruise shows with no stated ports of call, and every cabin is showing as sold out.  I'm on the Oasis on the 12th, and that one is still available to book.

Interesting ...very interesting...!! We're on the September 12th also! Lots going on behind the scenes apparently. 

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That site simply posts RCI's existing schedule as news, usually monthly. 

Matt Hochberg at Royal Caribbean Blog is pretty on top of breaking stories. I'm not taking this info to the bank, but, hoping there's a whiff of truth to it so we can all realize our cruise dreams in the coming months. 

Jonathan