Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne

1 hour ago, Denise W said:

We lifted and shifted from last July to this July 9 on Oasis. I keep checking and it still shows as a go. I hope we hear something soon!

Denise

No doubt you already made final payment? So what would you do if it turns up flat again?

And lets keep in mind cruise ships to and from New Jersey are still contingent on whether or not Port Liberty is open to cruise ships. Maybe some of the good people of New Jersey can elaborate on that subject? RCL can say what they want but if the Port isn't open for business then the main focus will continue to be operating from Florida this Summer.

2 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

And lets keep in mind cruise ships to and from New Jersey are still contingent on whether or not Port Liberty is open to cruise ships. Maybe some of the good people of New Jersey can elaborate on that subject? RCL can say what they want but if the Port isn't open for business then the main focus will continue to be operating from Florida this Summer.

I don’t have any inside information but I will say that things are fairly normal here. Restaurants are open to 100% capacity as long as distancing is possible, the mask mandate ends for vaccinated people this week, travel advisory has been lifted and there’s a big push for summer tourism. I don’t see there being an issue with opening based on everything else going on.

On 5/22/2021 at 4:16 PM, JAMESCC said:

You can't talk sense into these people. I'm sure Murphy ran for governor hoping, praying for pandemic just so he can "control" us. I'm sure he just loved the downward spiral in tax revenue too. 

Now the mask thing is something that I disagree with right now only because we were following the CDC and when they finally did say masks not required inside we should have followed. Why wait 2 weeks I don't understand but maybe the advice of local officials. Either way its ending this week. 

As for cruises we are on Oasis August 22. Lets see what happens. Our son is only 8 and no vaccine yet so it might be a no-go for us either way? 

Be prepared even after governor removes mask mandate a lot of stores will still require.  Here in PA our governor agreed with removal of masks the other week but the only 2 stores, so far, is lowes and weis market that do not require masks in my area, bucks county.   It's crazy!  I thought everyone would be dancing in streets, maskless

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Be prepared even after governor removes mask mandate a lot of stores will still require.  Here in PA our governor agreed with removal of masks the other week but the only 2 stores, so far, is lowes and weis market that do not require masks in my area, bucks county.   It's crazy!  I thought everyone would be dancing in streets, maskless

I got dragged to Walmart, Giant, and Kohl's, all in Bucks county today.  No mask requirement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

No doubt you already made final payment? So what would you do if it turns up flat again?

Yes we are paid in full and if it is cancelled we will just move it to a cruise next July.

Denise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

I got dragged to Walmart, Giant, and Kohl's, all in Bucks county today.  No mask requirement.

The walmart near me still required masks when I stopped in to buy a new garden hose.  I go to weis or shoprite, weis no masks required, shoprite still required.  I havent been to kohls in a very long time so no idea if the one near required them or not.

2 hours ago, Denise W said:

Yes we are paid in full and if it is cancelled we will just move it to a cruise next July.

Denise

Where is Mass.? Northshore, Southshore, Merrimack Valley, Central, Western, Cape?

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI has a different mentality than you.

That must be the reason I only sporadically cruise with them.

If they are currently booked at say 80-90%, they will need to get down to 50-60%.   A certain percentage of people will cancel, but they will still have to L&S or offer 125% FCC's to everyone else in the reduction percentage.  If they are still selling, that increases the number of people that will get either a L&S or a FCC.

12 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Do you have any links that show that the Port is NOT open to cruise ships?  I have seen several posts where people say the Port Authority or the Governor is preventing cruises out of NJ, but to date, no one has provided any evidence to support that.  

Oh, wait a minute, there was that one post where a family member worked for the Port Authority and was told in a meeting that the port wouldn't open for cruising until  2022 and there was going to be an announcement on May 1, 2021 saying that.  There was not such an announcement.  

There will have to be discussions between the cruise lines and the Port Authority to figure out the logistics like staffing and scheduling, but that is routine.

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Do you have any links that show that the Port is NOT open to cruise ships?  I have seen several posts where people say the Port Authority or the Governor is preventing cruises out of NJ, but to date, no one has provided any evidence to support that.  

Oh, wait a minute, there was that one post where a family member worked for the Port Authority and was told in a meeting that the port wouldn't open for cruising until  2022 and there was going to be an announcement on May 1, 2021 saying that.  There was not such an announcement.  

There will have to be discussions between the cruise lines and the Port Authority to figure out the logistics like staffing and scheduling, but that is routine.

Tom

There have been some indications in local media that the port will be opening -- but obviously, there have to be discussions between NY/NJ, as it would mean opening up NYC ports as well. Timing is the only question. I'm on the Aug. 29 Oasis (life and shift from '20) and feel like it will very likely sail. The July dates are going to be tougher, but it seems like things are moving in a positive direction for them.

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Tom

Tom, thanks for your posts, all is appreciated. You make good points from what's already been mentioned. My point was to ask any new Jersey residents whether or not they know anything for sure that the cape Liberty will be open for business. We've read Galveston is as well as Florida Ports but nothing for sure had come up about New Jersey and even New York.

52 minutes ago, mmcgann11 said:

There have been some indications in local media that the port will be opening -- but obviously, there have to be discussions between NY/NJ, as it would mean opening up NYC ports as well. Timing is the only question. I'm on the Aug. 29 Oasis (life and shift from '20) and feel like it will very likely sail. The July dates are going to be tougher, but it seems like things are moving in a positive direction for them.

Does anyone think there's a possibility Royal would invoke test cruises in some ports, but not all? Asking just because I personally believe that the only way Oasis departs on July 30 is if they go the route of ensuring >95% fully vaccinated crew and passengers. IDK... Disney here I come. LOL.

20 hours ago, Jcrosby42509 said:

It’s getting a bit tedious watching all this great news happening while not hearing something from RC about the status of our cruise.

Welcome to CC.

Keep your expectations for timely RCI comms real low.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are booked on the Oasis for the Oct 3 sailing. We have a L&S from last October that was cancelled. I’ve been pretty skeptical about whether this cruise would actually sail, but this is very good news so far. I am also wondering how full this cruise is at this point since there are plenty of rooms available to book on the RC website.
We are fully paid, vaccinated and ready to go. 
Who knows how they would select the 50% that could sail?  
I totally agree that communication from RC will take until the last possible minute...

On 5/23/2021 at 5:12 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

The port is not closed. There's simply no cruise ships for, you know, other reasons.