Cruise from Barbados? 6 never visited islands-

The Grandeur sails from Barbados. The cruise includes my favorite island St. Lucia and 5 more I have never been to., or heard of quite frankly other than Grenada and that was when the Brits were taking it back.  Any opinions on whether they are worth stopping at ?

Trinidad

Tobago

Roseau, Dominica

St. Vincent

Grenada

Your ideas are appreciated.

We booked a b2b for Feb 2022.  Very excited for these sailings as we have not been to a couple of these islands either.  The one sailing has 2 full days in Aruba which we absolutely love.

Barbados is a beautiful island for pre or post cruise stay too.

We booked our non stop flight with air2sea for $450 pp on United.

Had we booked that same flight with United directly it would have cost double that.

If you do book make sure to check out a2s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glentally said:

The Grandeur sails from Barbados. The cruise includes my favorite island St. Lucia and 5 more I have never been to., or heard of quite frankly other than Grenada and that was when the Brits were taking it back.  Any opinions on whether they are worth stopping at ?

Trinidad

Tobago

Roseau, Dominica

St. Vincent

Grenada

Another great place for ideas about your ports is the Ports Of Call forum for the Caribbean.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Another great place for ideas about your ports is the Ports Of Call forum for the Caribbean.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

yes thanks,  I was going to delve into that deeper in the future once I get some general opinions from someone who has been there or is this the first time they offered those islands?

I have booked on Rhapsody for 2022.  Lots to see and do on all the islands on the run especially Grenada, which the Americans invaded not us, the Clint Eastwood film Heartbreak Ridge sort of shows you what happened.  The old airport still has shot up planes on it, the locals use it as a road now.  Grenada has a fantastic local chocolate company, the product should be made illegal it is so good and there are little rum distilleries to visit.  

• Like 2

We’re booked on the Grandeur on Feb 13th, a couple diff ports.  We are lucky that are direct flights from the Carolinas, not necessarily cheap, but doable. What blew my mind is the cost for a hotel one pre-cruise night.  But very much looking forward to this.  FYI- Dominica is one of the islands that impressed me the most.  The people were awesome.

Erika

We're booked for the first one on Dec 5.  Snagged a Junior Suite before the prices went through the roof.   An island every day, and all are there 8am to 6pm, so plenty of time to see what needs to be seen.  Four new stops for us.  If there is any issues on an island for us, we'll treat it as a sea day.  

Air2Sea is a must.  We leave out of Miami, so that's where our hotel pre-cruise will be.  

3 hours ago, glentally said:

yes thanks,  I was going to delve into that deeper in the future once I get some general opinions from someone who has been there or is this the first time they offered those islands?

Nope. We've been to them all before. 

We’ve enjoyed both Granada and Dominica and would love to go back.  Dominica while having hurricane damage is one of the most beautiful I’ve been to in the Caribbean with waterfalls and rainforest.  St Vincent I’m pretty sure won’t be a stop due tot the recent volcano eruption.  

If you are able to, try and spend a few days in Barbados before sailing. It's one of my all time favorite islands I've ever been to and would gladly spend a few weeks there.

Edited by toad455

19 hours ago, glentally said:

Trinidad

Tobago

Roseau, Dominica

St. Vincent

Grenada

Here is a map to help you.

caribnew.gif

After over two decades of cruising throughout the Caribbean it is hard to find an island that was or is large enough to accommodate a cruise ship that we haven been to..

They are all different and yet they are the same. It all depends on how far past the souvenir shops at the port you are willing to go and how curious or adventure bound you are. 

Enjoy them all for as long as ships can still fit into their ports.

We are on this itinerary in Feb 2022, I am excited for the new islands. I hope it can sail as "normal". 

We have been to Dominica before and it is my favorite island so far. The Lost World rainforest and gorge 4x4 excursion was amazing! 

Barbados is a fun island too. We were hoping to fly in a couple days early, but having to fly to Miami to get the air2sea flight we will end up being in Miami for a day and then Barbados one day early and hope to do a afternoon/sunset cruise that Saturday before sailing if I can find something that is available to book.

I doubt St. Vincent will stay on the itinerary, depending on logistics that they have to work out, I am guessing it will end up being a float at sea day or maybe Martinique since its nearby and I've seen it on other Royal itineraries before. 

We are on the Feb 20, 22 14 night cruise.  Can't wait for this one !  Really looking forward to Cartagena and Colon although I have heard some bad reviews from both of those stops.  They're new for us though.  Overnight in Aruba ?  Oh yeah !

Apparently this cruise is completely sold out with only a few inside rooms showing as available.  All other categories are showing as "closed" on CP.

Never really thought I would get to sail on Grandeur again but things have a funny way of not going the way you think they will !  We sailed on Grandeur so many times when she was in Baltimore and we lived in northern VA.  Will be good to see her one more time.

Looks good until you try to book air to bgi.  Fewer flights and most direct flights from big cities are not flying. Used to fly direct non stop to bgi.  No more.  I looked at a cruise from Barbados to Aruba.  Great itinerary.  You will have a really tough time flying.  Could easily take you 2 days to get there with bad connections.  The cost is up.  Not worth it. Didn’t book.  That may change as more things open up. However for now, getting to bgi isn’t happening for me.