The Daily for Saturday Jun 05, 2021

richwmn

9 hours ago, kazu said:

I’m afraid I am getting a bit thin skinned when it comes to CC these days and starting to feel like no good deed goes unpunished. 😡 Thank heavens for this thread where people are congenial and don’t try to blame or dump on others 👍  (and humour & wine 😉 )

• Prayers for those on the Care list which is getting sadder daily & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

I totally agree and thank heavens that you and Roy are maintaining the Care list and the Celebratory/Shout Out list.

Please add Kakalena back onto the Care list.

Jacqui  you were right and I was so wrong when I suggested that Kakalena be removed from the Care list.  Unfortunately the cancer is far more aggressive that first thought and the decision must be made by the doctors whether surgery or radiation is the best option for her to live more than a year or so.  She had thought that she had another good 5 years without the surgery or radiation but that is not the case.  With her permission I will continue to post  updates.

For those of you who may not know Kakalena personally she is a 5* with over 30 HAL cruises who very, very often organized meet and greets and organized shore excursions.

Jane 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you again to @Tbay @Ichiban Nekko  @JazzyV @lazey1 and @AncientWandererfor your sympathy and kindness.  I'm so grateful to have a place to come and commune with everyone.

I've been checking out the photos today of not only our port of the day, but the hot air balloons.  Something I've never thought of doing, but it does look peaceful.  Thanks to all for your contributions.

I finally had something to smile about today when I heard DGS's soccer team won the Michigan Soccer State Championship for their age range (U14 which means born in 2007).  They'll actually be playing in a huge soccer tourney at the end of June in St. Louis so looks like I'll be making two trips to St. Louis this month.  The first time being the funeral for DS whenever it is.  The second time so we can watch DGS play.  It's spread out over 5 or 6 days.  Glad to have something nice to look forward to.

I’m so glad you have something to look forward to. I’m not very good at words. I start to cry and my words get all mixed up. Just know you and your family are in my prayers. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Jacqui @kazu....😮I had to do a little 'housecleaning' on Facebook after reading some crazy stuff. 😉We really don't need 'drama trauma' in our lives. I remember seeing a post that said 'Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys,' lol!🙃🐒🐒🐒

Katie

0_20201010_071743.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I’m so glad you have something to look forward to. I’m not very good at words. I start to cry and my words get all mixed up. Just know you and your family are in my prayers. 

Thank you Lindaler!  My family and I need all the prayers we can get.  I'm the weepy type too.

• Like 13

@StLouisCruisers

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

image.jpeg.b23e18b2e406e62273b7e8091c85544d.jpegOMG!!! MY HEART IS BREAKING AND I CAN NOT FIND THE WORDS TO CONSOLE!! I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS SO MANY TIMES MYSELF AND ALL I CAN SAY SANDI IS YOU NEED TO TALK! BE WITH US!!  THAT IS YOUR STRENGTH AND GOD IS YOUR WING MAN!! HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME!

I AM UP IN MAMMOTH SO I HAVE NOT BEEN ON CC!! 

I AM VIRTUAL THROWING OUT A LEI IN YOUR SISTERS HONOR AND THOSE SWEET BABIES THAT ARE NOW WITH HER AND HER HUSBAND! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THROUGH THESE DIFFICULT TIMES IN ALL OF YOUR LIVES!

Mahalo Denise😢

image.thumb.jpeg.6534ea6a4c077a7943666721c1623f8e.jpeg

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Addition
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

@StLouisCruisers

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

image.jpeg.b23e18b2e406e62273b7e8091c85544d.jpegOMG!!! MY HEART IS BREAKING AND I CAN NOT FIND THE WORDS TO CONSOLE!! I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS SO MANY TIMES MYSELF AND ALL I CAN SAY SANDI IS YOU NEED TO TALK! BE WITH US!!  THAT IS YOUR STRENGTH AND GOD IS YOUR WING MAN!! HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME!

I AM UP IN MAMMOTH SO I HAVE NOT BEEN ON CC!! 

I AM VIRTUAL THROWING OUT A LEI IN YOUR SISTERS HONOR AND THOSE SWEET BABIES THAT ARE NOW WITH HER AND HER HUSBAND! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THROUGH THESE DIFFICULT TIMES IN ALL OF YOUR LIVES!

Mahalo Denise😢

image.thumb.jpeg.6534ea6a4c077a7943666721c1623f8e.jpeg

Thank you to @Lcubed and Denise for their thoughts to help me through this.  I can use all that strength.

I just heard a while ago the funeral isn't until Saturday the 19th.  We had already planned on driving to St. Louis on the 24th to watch the big soccer tournament our DGS is playing in, so now I think we will have to extend our stay and go for the funeral and just stay there until DGS and family arrive for the tournament.  However, our son wants to go to the funeral service too so he will have to go back and forth that week between Michigan and Missouri.  Funerals are always last minute affairs so this is nothing new.  I'm just glad they are able to have a funeral, unlike last year.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon.  I've missed much of the Daily for a few days because I've been having "the dizzies" and the scrolling doesn't help.  I saw the doc on Friday to start the process of finding out why, but dizziness is the great mystery of medicine, so it will be a long process.

Two of my sisters have suffered from dizziness or vertigo.  They both swear by the Epley Maneuver.  As they both said, why didn't their doctors just have them try this to start?  This is from Johns Hopkins Health.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/home-epley-maneuver

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

Two of my sisters have suffered from dizziness or vertigo.  They both swear by the Epley Maneuver.  As they both said, why didn't their doctors just have them try this to start?  This is from Johns Hopkins Health.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/home-epley-maneuver

It does work!

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you to @Lcubed and Denise for their thoughts to help me through this.  I can use all that strength.

I just heard a while ago the funeral isn't until Saturday the 19th.  We had already planned on driving to St. Louis on the 24th to watch the big soccer tournament our DGS is playing in, so now I think we will have to extend our stay and go for the funeral and just stay there until DGS and family arrive for the tournament.  However, our son wants to go to the funeral service too so he will have to go back and forth that week between Michigan and Missouri.  Funerals are always last minute affairs so this is nothing new.  I'm just glad they are able to have a funeral, unlike last year.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Sandi, you go early it is important for you!

This is a bitter sweet scenario! You go and represent your sisters ! 3 AMIGOS!

THAT IS HOW MY VIRTUAL SISTERS ARE TO ME! Ann, Joy, and me! 
Love to you!

Denise😘

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Sandi,  I join all the others here in extending my sympathy to you and your family.  Please know you have our heart felt best wishes as you deal with this.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dfish said:

Yes that’s what helped my mother.   I couldn’t remember the name.  

• Like 9

We did a wonderful balloon flight, at dawn, in Cappadocia, Turkey. Flying over the Fairy Chimneys was amazing.  100 balloons were allowed up at a time, with another 100 allowed half an hour later. The chase vehicles followed the balloons, and the pilots set the balloons down on the trailers.  Awesome experience.

• Like 13

DH can also verify that the Epley maneuver works.  He said that it may take two to three days to work completely.

Thank you everyone who posted pictures from balloon rides. .   

@StLouisCruisers  it’s nice that you have your DGS’s tournament to look forward to.

Our expected rain did not materialize, so I spent about 7 hours pressure washing more of  the driveway, and I still have one area left to finish.  I’m never going to let it get this bad again.   One of our neighbors was nice enough to point out I missed an area.  🤣  If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, I’ll get it finished.  And I now have a Teva line on my feet.

Lenda

• Like 10

4 hours ago, lazey1 said:

For those of you who may not know Kakalena personally she is a 5* with over 30 HAL cruises who very, very often organized meet and greets and organized shore excursions.

Jane 

Dear Jane,

I am so sorry that her cancer is worse than thought.  So sad 😢 

My prayers are with her.  She is a treasured member of the HAL board.

Please post updates when you can and assuming you have her permission, of course.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@SaintLouisCruiser I wish you all the strength in this world to get through this. It has been an unsettling few days for me with your situation. Seven years ago this month I lost my sister to terminal cancer, knowing for the 2 1/2 years before and being her caregiver doesn't really help the reality of the loss. I can't even imagine adding anymore family issues to the situation.

Take care of yourself and look to brighter days. 

• Like 8

Thanks to Rich for the daily,and  to Jacqui and Roy for the lists.

It's Queens Birthday weekend here, tomorrow (Monday) is a holiday day.

Have not been to the port of the day, thanks to those who shared photos.

@StLouisCruisers so very sorry to read of the death of your sister Nancy,  we send our deepest sympathy to you and your family. You will have so many precious memories to treasure, your recent visit to her so important for you.   

Kia Kaha.

How many hours for  the jouney to St Louis?

Take care everyone.

• Like 9

I enjoyed learning about hot air balloon rides today.  I have done a lot of things, but hot air balloon rides and sky diving are not included.  We finally got some rain here today and I took advantage of it to do some "yardwork".  We own a log home that has been in the family since the 1930s.  It is on 4 acres and has been used as a rental.  For years there has been a huge log next to it that someone probably thought they were going to cut up for firewood.  It is about 15 feet long and two feet in diameter and is now infested with termites.  Today I broke out my chainsaw and cut it into about 50 pound chunks, loaded it into my SUV (2 trips) and took it away and burned it.  Took all day and I am pretty tired now.  I hope exercise like this is good for me, as I don't regularly exercise.  Luckily it rained off an on today so it was safe to burn and I also have an annual permit from the local fire department. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I heard about 20 minutes ago from my nieces that their Mother passed away last night just before midnight.  She went to be with those babies I'm betting.  The girls were notified ahead of time and made it to the hospice in time to be with her.  

My DS is finally at peace and with her loved ones in heaven.  

😢💔🙏

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I had terrible vertigo after my stroke (which is common) and physical therapy worked wonders for me, if it turns out dfish's suggestion doesn't work. 

• Like 11

I join so many others in offering prayers and condolences  to you, @ SaintLouisCruisers.  I hope your heart can be filled with beautiful memories, and thanksgiving for the recent time you were able to spend with your Sister.

And now for your trip back to St. Louis:

”May the road rise to meet you, - - -“

Edited by cruzn single
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Happily@Sea said:

@SaintLouisCruiser I wish you all the strength in this world to get through this. It has been an unsettling few days for me with your situation. Seven years ago this month I lost my sister to terminal cancer, knowing for the 2 1/2 years before and being her caregiver doesn't really help the reality of the loss. I can't even imagine adding anymore family issues to the situation.

Take care of yourself and look to brighter days. 

Thank you Carole.  These past few weeks have been a surreal experience.

8 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks to Rich for the daily,and  to Jacqui and Roy for the lists.

It's Queens Birthday weekend here, tomorrow (Monday) is a holiday day.

Have not been to the port of the day, thanks to those who shared photos.

@StLouisCruisers so very sorry to read of the death of your sister Nancy,  we send our deepest sympathy to you and your family. You will have so many precious memories to treasure, your recent visit to her so important for you.   

Kia Kaha.

How many hours for  the jouney to St Louis?

Take care everyone.

Thank you for your sympathy.  I do have many fond memories of our times spent together.  The drive to St. Louis is about 10 hours plus any time for stops for gas, bathroom, exercising legs.  We're not as young as we used to be!

8 hours ago, dobiemom said:

😢💔🙏

Thank you dobiemom for your prayers and concern.

6 hours ago, cruzn single said:

I join so many others in offering prayers and condolences  to you, @ SaintLouisCruisers.  I hope your heart can be filled with beautiful memories, and thanksgiving for the recent time you were able to spend with your Sister.

And now for your trip back to St. Louis:

”May the road rise to meet you, - - -“

Thanks for your condolences.  I am happy the last few hours I spent with her she was somewhat awake and able to speak with my son.  Also her nibbling on the homemade cookies my twin sent over.  It was the last time she really ate anything all week.  We joked and laughed over those cookies.  Good memories!

• Like 8