Millennium Celebrity Suite

We booked our first suite with Celebrity, a Celebrity Suite.  We have searched YouTube for videos on this, but can’t find anything since the renovations. It seems like there are a lot of videos for sky suites and Royal suites. I’d love to see a video of the celebrity suite, especially the balcony. Is there room for four to sit out there comfortably?  I would also like to see the bedroom and bathroom. If anyone is currently on the Millennium in a Celebrity Suite (I’m SO jealous!!) would you please post pics of videos?!!

It was terrific before the renovation – a little worn, but location, layout, furnishings:  wow!  Post renovation the pictures look even better, but reviews say there isn't a comfortable place to sit anywhere.  We have lambskin seat pads for our car [actually motorcycle seat covers]; I would bring them on Celebrity to cushion the chairs/couch in my cabin.

The balcony is wide but narrow. There is room for 4 chairs but not loungers. I have some photos on my PC that I an share tomorrow.  The only issue we had with the suite, pre revolution and it was not changed post, was the difficulty of getting into the tub/shower.  It might not be a problem for you though.

The living room space on the M class ships is great but the balcony is very narrow.

The killer for us when we saw the suite was the totally enclosed bedroom and the really high bathtub. Many love real darkness at night so it is either a bonus or an issue depending on your preference. Anyone small or with mobility issues may struggle with the bathtub. When we were on the Millie an elderly couple had booked the CS as a treat for their special anniversary. They found that the wife could not safely get in and out of the tub. The concierge managed to arrange access for then to an empty inside cabin for showering....

OP going from your picture I don’t think the tub will be an issue for you but if others follow this post do have mobility issues I did want to alert them.

14 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We booked our first suite with Celebrity, a Celebrity Suite.  We have searched YouTube for videos on this, but can’t find anything since the renovations. It seems like there are a lot of videos for sky suites and Royal suites. I’d love to see a video of the celebrity suite, especially the balcony. Is there room for four to sit out there comfortably?  I would also like to see the bedroom and bathroom. If anyone is currently on the Millennium in a Celebrity Suite (I’m SO jealous!!) would you please post pics of videos?!!

Go on Ytube and see the Summit post renovation Celebrity Suite.  It is the same.  We enjoy the celebrity suite.  A comfortable suite.  Yes the bath tube is high, especially for short or elderly, but ask for a step stool which will be provided for you.   But overall the suite and storage excellent!  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Tami,

We just booked the CS on Millennium for Alaska this September.  We sailed in one prior to renovations on Infinity and it was very large and awesome.  But I think the renovations were much needed so I can't wait to check it out in a few months.  I will report back here and post a video for you.  We sailed a CS on Edge but it was smaller and more like the S-Class CS that we have had a few times too.  The furnishings in the Edge CS will probably be similar to the renovated Millennium CS.

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

The living room space on the M class ships is great but the balcony is very narrow.

The killer for us when we saw the suite was the totally enclosed bedroom and the really high bathtub. Many love real darkness at night so it is either a bonus or an issue depending on your preference. Anyone small or with mobility issues may struggle with the bathtub. When we were on the Millie an elderly couple had booked the CS as a treat for their special anniversary. They found that the wife could not safely get in and out of the tub. The concierge managed to arrange access for then to an empty inside cabin for showering....

OP going from your picture I don’t think the tub will be an issue for you but if others follow this post do have mobility issues I did want to alert them.

chemmo- the high tub issue has been reported here for many years.  And in our experience it definitely is a bit of a challenge in and out.  But mostly because of the narrow spacing between tub and toilet.  It is very strange to me that Celebrity did not correct this obvious design flaw when the did the complete renovation including the bathroom.  Most people who have mobility issues sit on the edge of the tub in the back part and swing their legs around and then stand up.  Of note the CS on the S-Class ships have a high tub too but plenty of spacing between tub and toilet.  Not an issue at all in the Edge CS.

Edited by TeeRick

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It was terrific before the renovation – a little worn, but location, layout, furnishings:  wow!  Post renovation the pictures look even better, but reviews say there isn't a comfortable place to sit anywhere.  We have lambskin seat pads for our car [actually motorcycle seat covers]; I would bring them on Celebrity to cushion the chairs/couch in my cabin.

I should have mentioned our friends stayed in a CS on our Summit cruise to Bermuda. I absolutely loved their suite!  I don’t recall being uncomfortable while sitting in the living area. Perhaps they were referring to the hard chairs on the balcony. 

15 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The balcony is wide but narrow. There is room for 4 chairs but not loungers. I have some photos on my PC that I an share tomorrow.  The only issue we had with the suite, pre revolution and it was not changed post, was the difficulty of getting into the tub/shower.  It might not be a problem for you though.

Thank you, this is helpful. I have seen pictures of the tub/shower. I don’t think it will be an issue for us, but I’m quite surprised they didn’t fix this known issue since Celebrity has a lot of loyal, older clientele that would. 

15 hours ago, mahdnc said:

It was amazing to me that Celebrity Suites had no balcony when the M class ships first came out.

Seriously?  Why would anyone want a suite without a balcony?

14 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Thank you!  I should have mentioned we had found that video, but it didn’t show what we were looking for, which was primarily the balcony. We are traveling with another couple and I was wondering if the 4 of us would be comfortable out there. It appears we wouldn’t. I would also like to see the closet. I recall our friend showing us hers and it seems like it was quite large for a ship. 

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

That looks good but not as comfortable as the pre revolution CS.  The balcony is very narrow and it curves so not sure 4 could sit comfortably and converse.

Thanks, that’s unfortunate. 

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

That must have been very frustrating for them!  I assume the sky suite doesn’t have the same issue. 

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Go on Ytube and see the Summit post renovation Celebrity Suite.  It is the same.  We enjoy the celebrity suite.  A comfortable suite.  Yes the bath tube is high, especially for short or elderly, but ask for a step stool which will be provided for you.   But overall the suite and storage excellent!  

Yes, we were in the Summit on our last cruise. One couple we hung out with was in a Sky suite and the other in a Celebrity Suite. We were in Concierge class. While we were pleased with our accommodations, they didn’t compare to theirs.  I don’t recall what their balcony looked like.  We booked a Sky suite out of PR while onboard and that cruise got canceled. My husband had promised to book us a suite and he kept his promise by booking one to Alaska. I keep hearing once you try one you never go back. 

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Tami,

We just booked the CS on Millennium for Alaska this September.  We sailed in one prior to renovations on Infinity and it was very large and awesome.  But I think the renovations were much needed so I can't wait to check it out in a few months.  I will report back here and post a video for you.  We sailed a CS on Edge but it was smaller and more like the S-Class CS that we have had a few times too.  The furnishings in the Edge CS will probably be similar to the renovated Millennium CS.

Thanks so much!  That would be great!!  Please include the balcony and closet in your video, if you don’t mind. 

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

chemmo- the high tub issue has been reported here for many years.  And in our experience it definitely is a bit of a challenge in and out.  But mostly because of the narrow spacing between tub and toilet.  It is very strange to me that Celebrity did not correct this obvious design flaw when the did the complete renovation including the bathroom.  Most people who have mobility issues sit on the edge of the tub in the back part and swing their legs around and then stand up.  Of note the CS on the S-Class ships have a high tub too but plenty of spacing between tub and toilet.  Not an issue at all in the Edge CS.

Fortunately we don’t have mobility issues, but thanks for the heads up. 

13 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The Celebrity Suite on Celebrity Summit - Cruise Ship - Cruise Critic

There are some good shots of the balcony on this site.  Also pictures of the closet around photo 21.  Pictures are pre revolution but you get an idea of the size of the suite and balcony. 

Perfect!  Thank you!!  That will still be the largest balcony we've ever had!!  I can see why some would have trouble getting in and out of the shower.  I don't think I would want that in another 20 years or so.

30 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We've already booked the CS.  I liked the floor to ceiling windows for our cruise to Alaska because the weather can be so iffy.  

They were great on a stormy day on our Canada cruise.  The door is hard to open in the wind. The cabin was in need of a makeover and the new décor is inviting.  There are a lot of pictures on CC post revolution of Summit and Millennium, if you can get the search engine to work.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We've already booked the CS.  I liked the floor to ceiling windows for our cruise to Alaska because the weather can be so iffy.  

We stayed in a CS on Infinity for our Panama Canal transit cruise.  It was so hot and humid it was nice to have a panoramic view from inside the cabin with AC.  

37 minutes ago, gcorgain said:

I think you have made a great choice for an Alaska sailing in particular.

Thanks!  I thought so too.  It wasn't easy convincing my husband to spend the extra $ over the sky suite until I reminded him about those windows and the potential for bad weather in Alaska.  

9 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

They were great on a stormy day on our Canada cruise.  The door is hard to open in the wind. The cabin was in need of a makeover and the new décor is inviting.  There are a lot of pictures on CC post revolution of Summit and Millennium, if you can get the search engine to work.

I bet!  That was my thinking when booking.  I have found plenty of pics since posting this, thanks to the helpful people on here.  🙂

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We stayed in a CS on Infinity for our Panama Canal transit cruise.  It was so hot and humid it was nice to have a panoramic view from inside the cabin with AC.  

I have a feeling I'm going to get so spoiled on this cruise it will be hard to go back to a balcony cabin.  

• Like 1

I am late to this discussion but just wanted to comment about the M-class CS closet.  We have been in Celebrity Suites on both M-class and S-class ships.  I actually prefer the CS closet layout in the S-class ships over the M-class layout.  While the M-class CS offer abundant drawer space the linear footage of closet rods is, at least in my opinion, rather skimpy.  The photo of the entry into the closet (provided by CHEZMARYLOU) shows the large dresser and the left side closet rod.  There is an identical sized closet rod on the other side of the closet entry.  A mega-packer who has a number of items which need to be on hangers may have a problem.

And although I am a very short woman I have to issues with the height of the tub.  I am very flexible and just sit on the edge of the tub, tuck my knees toward my chin and rotate around.