How do I find a cabin or stateroom guru

cruzin4us

I know it's out there, and I've used it before, but for the life of me I can't find the website that is similar to the Seat Guru for Airplanes.

I've searched the web and get all kinds of deck plans, but none that tells the pros/cons of each individual stateroom.    Someone posted on CC a website that I used recently to book a cruise 3 months ago, but I can't find the website now (I know, I should have bookmarked it).   

Any help would be appreciated.

It would help if you narrowed your ship/category choices down.  There isn't anything out there exactly like Seat Guru.  Several deck plan sites have pros/cons listed.  Not sure what you are specifically looking for.  Just trying to be helpful.

I am not familiar with a good cabin guru site at all.

If you were to give us the ship and the kind of cabin pros and cons you are wanting, you might get some good thoughts here on CC.

The closest would be cruise deck plans . com.

If you pay a small fee to join, there are a lot of good photos of cabins onboard.

Some that have also been posted on youtube are marked with the little youtube symbol.

You don't have to be a member to access the youtube listings.

• Like 1

There are some gurus on the TripAdvisor forum.  I don’t know about princess but the guru for HAL is very thorough.   Simply go to the cruise forum and put in the name of your ship, it is worth a shot

I'm specifically looking for a balcony stateroom on the Island Princess.   I love an aft facing or a larger than normal size balcony.  Some ships have those hidden gems and those which to avoid at all costs.  (I know not near elevators, above the theater, etc).  

28 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

Wow. Just looked at a "picture" of our cabin on Sapphire Princess. It does give the following disclaimer:

This photo depicts the cabin category of Sapphire Princess Stateroom C726. It is not the actual picture of the stateroom, but should be quite similar to the actual cabin

However, the picture isn't even vaguely correct. It shows a mini suite (cabin with a sofa) rather than a balcony cabin - which doesn't have a sofa.

Link to pic

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thrak said:

Wow. Just looked at a "picture" of our cabin on Sapphire Princess. It does give the following disclaimer:

This photo depicts the cabin category of Sapphire Princess Stateroom C726. It is not the actual picture of the stateroom, but should be quite similar to the actual cabin

However, the picture isn't even vaguely correct. It shows a mini suite (cabin with a sofa) rather than a balcony cabin - which doesn't have a sofa.

http://cruise-deals.us/content/MetaCategories/ImageUrl/OV_DB_BAL_1.jpg

I think you need to buy a membership to see actual member photos otherwise you see the standard marketing photos

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I think you need to buy a membership to see actual member photos otherwise you see the standard marketing photos

Well... the pic they have isn't even a standard Princess marketing photo. Non of their balcony photos show a large cabin with a sofa.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Well... the pic they have isn't even a standard Princess marketing photo. Non of their balcony photos show a large cabin with a sofa.

Well that’s not good.  

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

Link to pic

Lol!  I agree, not reliable information.  My cabin, Regal E407 is an obstructed deluxe balcony.  This site says it’s a suite 😂🤣. I wish!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cabins are a personal choice. However this web site give you actual pictures of most everywhere on any ship including the staterooms. cruisedeckplans.com you do not have to join. Lots and lots of pictures for you to see just about anywhere on any ship.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

I'm specifically looking for a balcony stateroom on the Island Princess.   I love an aft facing or a larger than normal size balcony.  Some ships have those hidden gems and those which to avoid at all costs.  (I know not near elevators, above the theater, etc).  

Here's our cabin on the Island. I posted a lot of photos on Deck plans site.C731 is a "new" mini. Zoom in, our cabin is the last one with the Hawaiian flag on the wall.

Island Princess C731 Balcony.JPG

Island Princess Hualtuco.png

Edited by Yehootu
  • Like 1

There are very few true AFT facing balconies on the Island, I notice on the deck plans.  You would have to look for those if any are available.  While AFT facing, some do not have larger/deeper balconies.  Great photo of the corner balcony just above!

There are cabins where the balconies are definitely deeper/larger.  You can see this easily on the deck plans as well.  Just have to look and compare.

I am not sure exactly where, but if you want one of the balconies that were newly added on (not as dated, but not sure about any other advantages) then I am sure somebody here can tell you where, on which deck, those added balconies are located.

I just put in a search for Island Princess in the Thread Titles, and there are quite a few threads that come up.  One shows the nice sized balconies that actually have teak wooden decking, on Promenade Deck.

Happy Planning!

PS:  if anybody wants an Ocean View, then I believe they are like the ones on CORAL Princess, and they were newly added.  We had one of those and were very happy!   Newer, great location, large picture window, higher ceiling than other decks....

Edited by Wishing on a star

On 6/6/2021 at 8:24 PM, Thrak said:

Link to pic

That's why I use Cruisedeckplans

Actually photos of cabins (not all cabins, of course)

Below is a detailed site regarding both the Coral an Island Princess. These were sister ships when built. A number of years ago the Island underwent big time renovations. Approximately 100 cabins, 200 passengers, were added to the aft section. If you compare deck plans you can determine which cabins these are. However, the site's plan's should be accurate for everything forward of the aft elevators.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

• Like 1

I am also a fan of cruisedeckplans.com, because if you pay the small fee for a lifetime membership, you have access to all the photos and videos.  There is almost always pics/videos of your cabin category, and usually close to your actual cabin.  

I use it all the time for obstructed ocean view cabins.  Every cabin has a picture of the window so you can see how obstructed yours really is.

I also use Youtube a lot if I need to check out details, and look for a cabin on the same ship in the same category.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 6:52 PM, cruzin4us said:

I have been on Island Princess for several cruises before the retrofit. If you are looking for a large balcony book a mid ship balcony on caribe deck. Large balcony and it is half covered.