ROYAL UP IS BACK

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

What was the minimum bid to go from a GS to an OS and also to a CL?  Thanks

Both had a minimum bid of $225. For others their minimum bids could be different. I think it be may have something to do with what you paid for the original cabin you had. But I could be wrong.

I didn’t bid on a CL because I didn’t want to win and have one facing the sports deck and could not change it to port or starboard side. Some may not mind that which is fine. On the other hand, all OS are mid ship which I like. Hey we all have different tastes and preferences and it’s all good.

• Like 3

I am hoping to be able to bid for our Allure cruise at the end of October, but still can’t. I guess I need to be patient but reading all these posts is exciting. Congrats to all and enjoy the upgrades.

7 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Both had a minimum bid of $225. For others their minimum bids could be different. I think it be may have something to do with what you paid for the original cabin you had. But I could be wrong.

I didn’t bid on a CL because I didn’t want to win and have one facing the sports deck and could not change it to port or starboard side. Some may not mind that which is fine. On the other hand, all OS are mid ship which I like. Hey we all have different tastes and preferences and it’s all good.

Same here  I would not bid on a CL for that reason either

I am booked on a 4 night Freedom in October in an interior. Cruise fare is ridiculously inexpensive. Just got the Royal Up email. I could bid on a ocean balcony ($50 min) or a Promenade view ($10 min). This is a solo add on trip, so I certainly am fine with the interior, but thought it might be fun to see what happens with a bid. If I bid on both, am I less likely to get the balcony? Appreciate any thoughts--it's fine if I dont get them, and not willing to bid more than pretty much min, but thought it would be fun to try--first ever solo trip for a little me time!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

I am booked on a 4 night Freedom in October in an interior. Cruise fare is ridiculously inexpensive. Just got the Royal Up email. I could bid on a ocean balcony ($50 min) or a Promenade view ($10 min). This is a solo add on trip, so I certainly am fine with the interior, but thought it might be fun to see what happens with a bid. If I bid on both, am I less likely to get the balcony? Appreciate any thoughts--it's fine if I dont get them, and not willing to bid more than pretty much min, but thought it would be fun to try--first ever solo trip for a little me time!

I’d say you’re less likely to get a promenade.  A lot more balconies than promenades. 

1 hour ago, Espn said:

I just saw on a roll call thread someone said they were told Royal Up was not available to Costco Travel bookings. If this is true does anyone know if AAA bookings are treated the same? I hope not.

I have my October cruise booked with AAA I got a Royal Up email a few weeks back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, skiiergirl said:

I have seen comments regarding offers showing “cancelled” and offers showing “pending”.  Once you make an offer, where do you look to find out if an offer is “cancelled” or “pending”?

Try this link. It should show you the status of your bids.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

I was about to ask about solo cruisers being able to Royal Up when I saw @brookmill18's post.  I will be solo on Freedom in November and Oasis in December.  I tried to check the upgrade site mentioned, but like @EatonDoolittleand @Espnmentioned, I'm not able to -- it says I need to be within 30 days.  However, it appears others have gotten the emails in advance of 30 days prior to cruising.  Has anyone had success checking eligibility for Royal Up outside of 30 days?

Edited by IRMO12HD

I am currently booked on the 6 night Odyssey of the Seas for October and for the RoyalUp email yesterday. We may be switching cruises and my question is will I get the opportunity to bid if I switch? I was under the impression that only some people get the email and therefore I may not get the same chance to bid if I change cruises. Can someone please help explain how it works?

11 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

I was about to ask about solo cruisers being able to Royal Up when I saw @brookmill18's post.  I will be solo on Freedom in November and Oasis in December.  I tried to check the upgrade site mentioned, but like @EatonDoolittleand @Espnmentioned, I'm not able to -- it says I need to be within 30 days.  However, it appears others have gotten the emails in advance of 30 days prior to cruising.  Has anyone had success checking eligibility for Royal Up outside of 30 days?

hit or miss;  we recently got the invite for the Oct 3rd Oasis sailing and that was followed up by an invite for an Oct 31st Odyssey sailing.  I suspect its based more on trends related to bookings, cancellations, revenue projections. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skiiergirl said:

Thanks so much for the info but that doesn’t explain where folks are seeing the “ cancelled” or “pending” status. Maybe I am overlooking it??? 

If you have made an offer it will appear when you go to the same link above when you input your name and Rez#

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

If you have made an offer it will appear when you go to the same link above when you input your name and Rez#

Alternatively, if you’ve made a bid you’ll have received an email titled “We received your RoyalUp request” which contains links to cancel or modify your bid(s). Follow any of those links to see the status of your bid(s).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, barb in ga said:

I got a Royal up from crown  loft suite to aqua theater 1 bedroom. I got it yesterday at 4:20 pm and we sail Saturday. I had given up. So excited!

Barb

Surprised to see that a  1 bed aqua theater was considered a upgrade from a crown loft suite..enjoy!!!

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Ok…thanks!!! 

21 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Alternatively, if you’ve made a bid you’ll have received an email titled “We received your RoyalUp request” which contains links to cancel or modify your bid(s). Follow any of those links to see the status of your bid(s).

Ok….thanks!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

What is the latest you have seen offers issued or the sailing show up using the link? (How close to sailing before initial offer) 

NOT  how close were you “awarded” the bid/upgrade BUT how close to sailing before you were able to see the offerings and place the bid? 
(I know it is supposed to be “30 days” but that doesn’t seem to be the case “either direction”.)

Edited by skiiergirl