Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Social Distancing impacts. 

There is one ice show and one theater show due to the reduced capacity of the theaters. Each plays 4 or 5 times. While it may be hard to see, this is Studio B. There are 5 sections (2 on each side and 1 and the entrance end) of about 140 seats. Because of social distancing requirements, those sections only will seat about 24 people. The section may look sparse, but except for a couple of seats, it is at max capacity. All seat with white covers are blocked. The first two rows are fully blocked. Every other row is blocked. 

75A6B7E0-847F-43C1-B4CE-9F57BE206C0C.thumb.jpeg.f710e8bce7bf693c6cc16c52fadb4585.jpeg

At least you have an unobstructed view. 😊

41 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Social Distancing impacts. 

There is one ice show and one theater show due to the reduced capacity of the theaters. Each plays 4 or 5 times. While it may be hard to see, this is Studio B. There are 5 sections (2 on each side and 1 and the entrance end) of about 140 seats. Because of social distancing requirements, those sections only will seat about 24 people. The section may look sparse, but except for a couple of seats (front left), it is at max capacity. All seat with white covers are blocked. The first two rows are fully blocked. Every other row is blocked. 

75A6B7E0-847F-43C1-B4CE-9F57BE206C0C.thumb.jpeg.f710e8bce7bf693c6cc16c52fadb4585.jpeg

I understand the cruise lines are doing this to be ultracareful due to the bad press they received early last year.  But this just seems over the top to me.  Knowing how virtually every other major tourist area is right now (i.e., no social distancing now at Walt Disney World, no reduced capacity at Universal parks), I hope the cruise lines quickly reduce or remove a lot of these measures over the next few sailings.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

I understand the cruise lines are doing this to be ultracareful due to the bad press they received early last year.  But this just seems over the top to me.  Knowing how virtually every other major tourist area is right now (i.e., no social distancing now at Walt Disney World, no reduced capacity at Universal parks), I hope the cruise lines quickly reduce or remove a lot of these measures over the next few sailings.

There's a lot of over the top going on (like the person staffing the soda machine). Hopefully they relax things as time goes on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisegus said:

other than the cruise compass, the rest is just useless advertising

And it’s all available to read on your room television on that channel.  You don’t  even need a smart phone…

It’s funny that everyone was happy to use an app or a video on the room television for the muster drill. 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

A fantastic, high energy ice show

Interesting note your 2nd pic down, the girl in the green dress looks like Jordan Bauth. She is a vlogger and ice skater in the show. She does a nice job vlogging her time on Adventure. Seems very nice and of course is a very professional ice skater. Here is her latest where I recognized the green outfit.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi Bird,

When guests are walking the pier to board in Nassau is there a golf cart to shuttle folks that need assistance? Thank you for the amazing and super informative review! I can't wait until Saturday when it's my turn.

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

This is a max capacity theater. Blue seats are blocked for social distancing (first two

rows of theater, every other row, every two seats). Protecting the unmasked performers as much as the passengers). In bars, performers and piano players are behind plexiglass and rope barriers. 

CCF7BE89-77F1-464F-89DF-4A24F67D067C.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

One can dream..........

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Cool Art… Hot Ice…

A fantastic, high energy ice show. National and Olympic ice skaters from Russia, US and Canada take you on a fusion of art and skating.

almost forgot how much I miss those fantastic ice shows, certainly one of our favorites

• Like 1

Bryan Cheatham was tonight’s entertainment. 

“From the bright lights of the Las Vegas strip (Chippendale vocalist) this season 3 “America’s Got Talent” semi-finalist brings you soulful sounds from Motown, pop songs, love ballads and his own spin on Disney classics.”

4691016C-EF0D-4C47-AF70-58E19B391240.jpeg

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Sorry if I have missed this,  but what is the logic behind not having the windjammer open for dinner? Surely having another venue open for dinner would only help to space people out and improve social distancing ?

Short on staff is the only reason I can think of, but that doesn’t make sense either. Would seem logical to have it open. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I see Bird just explained it.

Edited by ReneeFLL

16 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Sorry if I have missed this,  but what is the logic behind not having the windjammer open for dinner? Surely having another venue open for dinner would only help to space people out and improve social distancing ?

Not worth prepping all that food for both the buffet and MDRs for only 1000 people. 

• Like 2