Seacation Cruise Menus

Waju

4 minutes ago, Waju said:

I said just for fun - play nicely please!!

Back on topic :classic_smile: I like a good curry , one of the cruise ships MDR's had up to six 

curries on the menu :classic_ohmy: I asked for a clean one :classic_smile:

Sprouts, I hope they have sprouts ..The veg that just keeps on giving ... :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

One of my favourite desserts used to be the flaming cherries. Sadly it was removed from the menus a few years ago, but I’d love to see it re-instated.

My ideal menu would be

Starter- Tempura of vegetables with sweet chilli sauce

Main - Beef Wellington 

Dessert - Flaming Cherries Jubilee.

😃

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Cocktails drunk on a special evening while staying at a Hotel in Ocho Rios, meeting for the first time our now life long Bajan friends.

Do they have a P&O menu in your Jamaican hotel cocktail bar?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

If I had paid hundreds of pounds for a cruise, and was offered sausages in the MDR,  i would ask for a refund !

On our first night on Brittania in Barbados we had skate wings. Never saw them offered again😁

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I don't dispute that. It's just that I don't consider that sausages are an item that should be included on the MDR menu. Other views may vary!

I absolutely agree. On a cruise, sausages only at breakfast please. Any old sausage will do, as long as I can dip it in my egg.😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You also voted remain and were on the losing side then, so not a great track record for choices. 😉😇

I also voted remain, but accept the majority view, except when if comes to sausages on the MDR menu. They can remain on the breakfast menu. Of course, British bangers only.

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I absolutely agree. On a cruise, sausages only at breakfast please. Any old sausage will do, as long as I can dip it in my egg.😁

In your egg 😱 fried slice is for egg dipping (If you can find one with a soft yolk) and sausage into Daddies Sauce 🤤

Re heated baked beans are also good with a fried slice, or you can go upmarket and have potato farls instead.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

One of my favourite desserts used to be the flaming cherries. Sadly it was removed from the menus a few years ago, but I’d love to see it re-instated.

My ideal menu would be

Starter- Tempura of vegetables with sweet chilli sauce

Main - Beef Wellington 

Dessert - Flaming Cherries Jubilee.

😃

I remember the first time we had the non-flamed version of cherries jubilee, we commented to the head waiter who happened to be passing that we would prefer it to be flamed. He quickly came back with the brandy bottle and flamed them for us. Cue confused and / or envious people on neighbouring tables. Ditto sambuca which we had with coffee beans and flamed on a different occasion.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I also voted remain, but accept the majority view, except when if comes to sausages on the MDR menu. They can remain on the breakfast menu. Of course, British bangers only.

Where do liver and kidneys come on your food classification? Had both in MDR and they were excellent.

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Where do liver and kidneys come on your food classification? Had both in MDR and they were excellent.

Not very high up. I don't mind either and would eat them if put Infront of me, but I wouldn't consider them Offaly appealing.🤣

43 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Do they have a P&O menu in your Jamaican hotel cocktail bar?.

No idea, as it was as not of any booking importance.

But when you book, one is in no doubt the Hotel (was Sunset now Moon) could accommodate your specific requirement.

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

No idea, as it was as not of any booking importance.

But when you book, one is in no doubt the Hotel (was Sunset now Moon) could accommodate your specific requirement.

It was quite important as the topic was P&O menus, not Jamaica hotel cocktails. I had a lovely coffee with my BFF from Columbia.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

I don't dispute that. It's just that I don't consider that sausages are an item that should be included on the MDR menu. Other views may vary!

There are times on a cruise when one craves some good old fashioned British comfort food. In its original incarnation as a no extra charge / no reservations restaurant the Beach House satisfied that craving, offering classics like fish and chips, and sausage and mash. Then P&O got greedy and changed it into an extra charge select dining venue, with a menu to match. And the comfort food found its way instead into the MDR!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It was quite important as the topic was P&O menus, not Jamaica hotel cocktails. I had a lovely coffee with my BFF from Columbia.

Yes but in fairness the post starter did ask about usernames and Port Royal’s reply was in response to that. 

10 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Sausages and mash is the first meal I  cook when we get home after any holiday .

I don't think I'd have them on a cruise , on a walking holiday used to be a good pub lunch after a full mornings walking. 

We do too! I buy sausages from our local butcher and always keep some in the freezer. After a holiday of eating more elaborate and rich foods, especially when we’ve been on a cruise, we look forward to a simple meal such as sausages and mash often with frozen peas! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

There are times on a cruise when one craves some good old fashioned British comfort food. In its original incarnation as a no extra charge / no reservations restaurant the Beach House satisfied that craving, offering classics like fish and chips, and sausage and mash. Then P&O got greedy and changed it into an extra charge select dining venue, with a menu to match. And the comfort food found its way instead into the MDR!

Cumberland sausage and mash doesn't appear too often in the MDR but I love it when it does - you should all try it its great!

I have mentioned on this forum before we once had a very posh lady on our table who was very perturbed that P&O had resorted to serving some meals in a bowl - well Cumberland sausage is one of those meals as is lamb shank which I also mentioned in my original post. 

1 hour ago, BarnhamDave said:

Bring back good old Bananas Foster!!! 🍌

I have no idea what that is!!!

Back to forum names, I remember as a child when going to visit relatives in Chichester they was always an announcement on the train to 'change at Barnham' ☺️

Our first meal returning home is beans on toast and a good cup of coffee.

Favourite starters for me are Tempura Vegetables or Caesar salad. Any of the fish choices on the menu suit me. I love P&O's creamy desserts, but my particular favourites are panna cotta, cranachan or coconut ice cream.  

Avril

• Like 1