Future cruises being sold to full capacity

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

I would even venture to say that starting in December 2021, all capacity control limits will be eliminated.

For that to happen ALL the protocols will have to go away for cruising on a cruiseship............Not sure I see that happening by December though. That's only 5 months from now.

Alot of other people cruise on these ships from other countries are no where near up to speed as far as vaccines and such.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

Having a low number of guests versus full capacity is so appealing.  Currently, Adventure only has a bit over 900 passengers and it is so amazing.  No waiting in lines, no chair hogs, no crowded promenade.  I wish they would extend the limited capacity well into 2022.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Having a low number of guests versus full capacity is so appealing.  Currently, Adventure only has a bit over 900 passengers and it is so amazing.  No waiting in lines, no chair hogs, no crowded promenade.  I wish they would extend the limited capacity well into 2022.

I wish social distancing became a Federal and Maritime law.  No more cramped dining rooms or sitting shoulder to shoulder on deck. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Why does it matter?  When I book, I don't ask, or care.  Science already said, I'm safe

It kind of does matter.  I look at what the capacity is, and what percentage they'll be sailing.  Personally, I like the idea of sailing with fewer passengers.  I know that won't last forever, but probably nice while it lasts.  I do agree that science and safety will determine what capacities will be and when those capacities will be expanded.

I'll throw in my guess of Q1 2022.

• Like 2

Considering that Delta now sells the middle seat and that the CDC CSO Order is going away or is being slimmed down , I think the ships will be able to sail at full capacity soon.  However, there are plenty of people waiting until 2022 to sail, some ships may not sail at full capacity in 2021 due to lessened demand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I wish social distancing became a Federal and Maritime law.  No more cramped dining rooms or sitting shoulder to shoulder on deck. 

I'm with you.  I hate those lounge chairs on the pool deck one touching the other. Would be nice to pull your dining room chair out and not hit the passenger at a nearby table.  I don't remember when we found 2 chairs together in the Solarium after 9am. Same goes for getting seats in the Schooner Bar 30 minutes before trivia. Having said that I can't wait for my "crowded" Oasis cruise in 2023!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

👍

BTW in some MDRs I felt it was cheek to cheek😉

• Like 4

@Crazy planning momJust because the CSO will no longer be law doesn't mean ships will sail at full capacity any time soon. I don't see that happening until at least 1Q 2022, if that. RCG always said it would be a slow, methodical start back to cruising. They have a quite a bit of fleet that hasn't even been put back into rotation. Plus with the criteria for their healthy sail, they have to leave a percentage of cabins available for quarantine.

A rep I spoke to said that they are closing booking once they reach a certain capacity, they included holiday cruises...which would have commenced after the CSO expired. To answer OP's question I think future cruises after March 2022 are being sold to close to capacity. As the situation is ever changing, they might be keeping capacity limits until the summer of 2022

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

While fewer passengers on the ship would be a better experience, do any of you dreaming about it realize fewer passengers would mean the cost would go up for each passenger?

It doesn't have to be a 6ft distance but it would be nice to be able to get into a lounge chair from the side and not have to crawl onto it from the bottom.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Went on a cruise once that was "not full."  It had some issues the week before our cruise so it was delayed in getting back to disembark meaning our 7-day was now a 4-day.  We couldn't plan anything else so we stayed with it instead of a full refund they were offering.

Cruise director said it was 75% full but it felt more like 50-60%.

Walked right up to the counter to embark......flew right through.

Climbed the rock wall as many times as I wanted because no one else was in line......or I should say I climbed it 3 times in a row and my arms couldn't take it anymore.

Front row seats to the shows without arriving early.

Wife played bingo and won an upgrade to an owner's suite.......one that was decorated for someone else's anniversary that had cancelled.

Didn't even use a rum runner to "sneak" on my bottle of Jack.....just put it in my checked luggage.  And once I tipped the bartender, he would fill my mug with Coke for free.......just 3/4 full so I had room for libations.

Chairs by the pool were easy to find.

A cruise we started out thinking was going to be so-so turned out to one of the best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soremekun said:

I would even venture to say that starting in December 2021, all capacity control limits will be eliminated.

Give us a little update and some pics, crowd around pool and Promenade,   after your return from Adventure. Happy cruising

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Say goodbye to the giant ships.  There is no way they can be profitable at the affordable rates they are currently charging.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Say goodbye to the giant ships.  There is no way they can be profitable at the affordable rates they are currently charging.

Nah, they’ll just continue to jack up the prices. I just checked a Q1 2022 cruise that we booked prior to the pandemic, and a standard OV cabin now sells for more than we paid for a JS when we booked.

Same week and same ship that we were on in Feb 2019, and the cost for the Coco Beach club has gone from $65/pp to $199/pp.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I won't sail on the giant ships. Even Anthem was too big for DW.

3 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Considering that Delta now sells the middle seat and that the CDC CSO Order is going away or is being slimmed down , I think the ships will be able to sail at full capacity soon.  However, there are plenty of people waiting until 2022 to sail, some ships may not sail at full capacity in 2021 due to lessened demand.

If any cruiseline wants to fill a ship, even in these times they can easily do it. They just lower the price so low it kind of forces people to buy the left over cabins.

There are people out there even in these times that WILL jump at cruises again if the price is dirt cheap.

53 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Nah, they’ll just continue to jack up the prices. I just checked a Q1 2022 cruise that we booked prior to the pandemic, and a standard OV cabin now sells for more than we paid for a JS when we booked.

Same week and same ship that we were on in Feb 2019, and the cost for the Coco Beach club has gone from $65/pp to $199/pp.

True.... but if they sail at less than 50% capacity forever, I promise it will be like my first cruise on the largest cruise ship... The Majesty of the Seas.... 

27 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

True.... but if they sail at less than 50% capacity forever, I promise it will be like my first cruise on the largest cruise ship... The Majesty of the Seas.... 

Our first was HAL's SS Volendam from NYC to Bermuda in 1981. Total passenger capacity was less than 600, and you were expected to dress up for every meal in the dining room.

• Like 1

I normally prefer smaller ships but couldn't pass up the great deal to try Sky class. I recall reading that Oasis and quantum class ships only need to be at 35-ish percent capacity to profitable. While the other classes have to be over 60%. I have also been told by many other pax that on those classes you usually don't feel the crowds because of how the space is utilized. Based on looking at available rooms, it looks like my Oct Allure will maybe hit 70%

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

It doesn't have to be a 6ft distance but it would be nice to be able to get into a lounge chair from the side and not have to crawl onto it from the bottom.

You're reading my mind!  We eat an early breakfast, scoot up to the pool deck, take two lounges at the end of a line so that we can maneuver them a bit away from the 3rd chair and YES we sit in them right away. I don't have to be in prime pool real estate but it seems all rows of lounges are placed touching each other. 

• Like 1