Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I seem to have gotten my medallion app to accept most of the info I can at this point.

Is there anyplace on the app where it says that the medallions will be mailed to my home address? We've always picked them up at the check-in counter but it would be nice to have them before we arrive at the port.

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I seem to have gotten my medallion app to accept most of the info I can at this point.

Is there anyplace on the app where it says that the medallions will be mailed to my home address? We've always picked them up at the check-in counter but it would be nice to have them before we arrive at the port.

Yes.  In the section of the App where you select Medallions, you can opt to ship them to home or to the port. 

I used the option to ship our last Medallions to FLL hotel since they were not shipping to Canada (still don't, but supposed to be coming at some point).  Our next voyages are out of Italy, so no option for us other than port.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes.  In the section of the App where you select Medallions, you can opt to ship them to home or to the port. 

I used the option to ship our last Medallions to FLL hotel since they were not shipping to Canada (still don't, but supposed to be coming at some point).  Our next voyages are out of Italy, so no option for us other than port.

Yep.  We got ours at home a little over a week before the trip.

48 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks, I finally found it.

The only reason I didn't see it is because it was burred in the section to order all the other stuff for an up-sell. They want people to buy, buy buy even before they get on the ship. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

There’s no boarding pass on cruise personalizer anymore.  It tells you when you click checkin on the personalizer.

You can print your luggage tags and travel summary at 75 days out.

Then between 45-30 days out…you go to the app…click on boarding groups…select your time and when that is confirmed, you will see a green box with a QR code at the top of the screen as shown above.

Within 24 hours of sailing, revisit the

app health questionnaire.  DONE!

The one thing that has bothered me about the window for choosing a boarding group is trying to coordinate that with airline reservations. If you're flying to the embarkation city the day of sailing (as we are), we do not want to wait until 30-45 days out to make those reservations; we prefer to arrive at the port as early as possible and would normally time our airline plans accordingly. However, if we make airline bookings before getting a boarding group, we may arrive far earlier than our boarding group and end up cooling our heels in the terminal. No es bueno.

45 minutes ago, joepeka said:

The one thing that has bothered me about the window for choosing a boarding group is trying to coordinate that with airline reservations. If you're flying to the embarkation city the day of sailing (as we are), we do not want to wait until 30-45 days out to make those reservations; we prefer to arrive at the port as early as possible and would normally time our airline plans accordingly. However, if we make airline bookings before getting a boarding group, we may arrive far earlier than our boarding group and end up cooling our heels in the terminal. No es bueno.

I don't think they are taking the boarding groups too seriously.  We got in a day early and had a 12:30 boarding time.  Due to the hotel shuttle schedule we got to the port at 11:20.  Nobody seemed to care.  We were in our cabin by 11:45.  

• Like 3

There seems to be no end to the problems this Medallion and app system has caused.  Ever since Princess went online you filled everything out at your leisure,  printed luggage tags and boarding pass 75 days out . . . DONE!  Present your passport and credit card at check-in and go aboard. So simple. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I don't think they are taking the boarding groups too seriously.  We got in a day early and had a 12:30 boarding time.  Due to the hotel shuttle schedule we got to the port at 11:20.  Nobody seemed to care.  We were in our cabin by 11:45.  

That is good to hear. I have read other posts on this board of similar nature but being kind of an anal type, I like to have everything planned out and in sync to eliminate/mitigate hiccups. 😉

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 11:28 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes,  This morning I checked my app (again) and all that should be checked are checked.  Any one have an explanation for why something becomes unchecked only to appear checked again the following day/s?

Anyone have an explanation for the white screen of death?  Princess server?  "Glitch"?  app stalling?  Inquiring minds want to know.

@cr8tiv1 - I've worked in the internet sector over 20 years and I suspect that the Medallion app is the front-end to a multi-server distributed system. I was seeing the same white screens and glitches and it's the classic behavior of a system built to not fail gracefully when some part of it goes down. Communication between systems was obviously broken and somewhat dependent on which server your request lands on, which is what drove the frustrating intermittent failure pattern.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nzOdy said:

@cr8tiv1 - I've worked in the internet sector over 20 years and I suspect that the Medallion app is the front-end to a multi-server distributed system. I was seeing the same white screens and glitches and it's the classic behavior of a system built to not fail gracefully when some part of it goes down. Communication between systems was obviously broken and somewhat dependent on which server your request lands on, which is what drove the frustrating intermittent failure pattern.

Thank you for your explanation.  I just asked my SIL (software engineer) and he assured me that it wasn't my fault nor my device.  But that doesn't really help any if the app continues to display the white screen of death as you are trying to enter data.  Sign

10 hours ago, nzOdy said:

As only an end user I find you explanation  interesting. I tried & tried to get the medallion app loaded on my old phone and again on my new android phone without success.

Once I called Princess at few weeks ago they loaded my info properly & it's worked great ever since. I now have the ability to complete the rest of the fields as necessary. 

I work in IT and this is the worst app I have ever used. I continually get the white screen of death all the time and have to close the app and restart. IMO - it is not obvious where things are on this app either. I will click on something expecting something and not able to figure out where things are. 

I did call as others said they would enter information over the phone. The person would only enter my emergency contact and she entered the entire phone number in the country code. Not helpful at all.

One should be able to enter information on the website and have it transfer to the app. It should not be one or the other. They should work in conjunction with each other so if I can enter info on the web, it should transfer to the app (think how airlines sites work). Unfortunately - most of the info is not available online to enter.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and am running the latest iOS. 

I am tech knowledgeable. I feel sorry for those who are not as this is not user friendly at all.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone know if they ever open the boarding groups, on the app, for getting off the ship?

If so, approximately when?  Thanks 

No one has reported this working.  They are distributing forms from all threads I have read.  It really is not an issue at all leaving the ship when you want.  Just make sure any baggage you are leaving out to be waiting for you in the terminal is aligned with the time you plan to depart the ship.  If necessary, visit Passenger Services to swap tags.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone know if they ever open the boarding groups, on the app, for getting off the ship?

If so, approximately when?  Thanks 

No - I haven't seen anywhere where someone said they could do it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I had not seen this option previously but it’s possible to request the types of paper notices received in cabin (OceanReady Profile; My Preferences; Cabin).

Yes - I turned off all but the Patter some time ago.  Hopefully it means no massive stack of excursion literature and no sales flyers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes - I turned off all but the Patter some time ago.  Hopefully it means no massive stack of excursion literature and no sales flyers.

In October on Majestic before I was aware of that option we only received the Patter & important notices and no excursion nor sales flyers. In our cabin on embarkation day was a letter from the Loyalty & Events Manager (AKA Captain’s Circle Hostess) with Elite benefits & scheduled activities.

AC4C752C-962A-413E-8D3D-CF37592D12EA.jpeg

• Like 1

You know, I just assumed that the OM was going to be like the My Disney Experience app......simple and easy to use.

However, I decided to enter information into my Princess account for an upcoming springtime cruise.  OMG.  There is no place ONLINE to enter my travel/ID documents (passport, Drivers License, etc).  I had to download the Medallian App.

OK, so I started to enter information, and for the love of mercy, I can't scan my passport so I thought I'd manually enter the information.  Do you know what it's like to enter the date????? OMG, I must be wrong, because I had to swipe through hundreds of months to get back past the six decades I've been walking planet earth.  Are you kidding me?  There has to be an easier way.

I just gave up after I started passing through my grammer school years in the 1960s.  There has to be a better way.

Am I wrong, or do I have to go through this torture?

Any advice would be appreciated, because not only will I have to do this, but my husband who refuses to have a good phone, will simply go through the roof when he has to do this.

Help!!!  (thanks all!!)