More restrictions for unvaccinated passengers

What I'm wondering is if these restrictions will apply to families of young kids who can't be vaccinated but all the adults in the family are?  I'm travelling with my 9 year old niece, along with both my parents.  All adults in the party have been vaccinated since March (me and my mom have been vaccinated since January due to us both being healthcare workers), but my niece (for obvious reasons) hasn't.  She understands the rules and is fabulous with her masking and social distancing, so she'll be fine with this on the trip.  

What I would like to know is which set of rules we're supposed to follow as a family.  None of us have issues showing our vaccine cards and carry copies of them with us everywhere we go, so the proof of vaccination is a non-issue.

• Like 1

The article looks like a pretty good summary of what we know so far. He did not mention the insurance requirement for the unvaccinated, but I think that was just announced a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

What I'm wondering is if these restrictions will apply to families of young kids who can't be vaccinated but all the adults in the family are?  I'm travelling with my 9 year old niece, along with both my parents.  All adults in the party have been vaccinated since March (me and my mom have been vaccinated since January due to us both being healthcare workers), but my niece (for obvious reasons) hasn't.  She understands the rules and is fabulous with her masking and social distancing, so she'll be fine with this on the trip.  

What I would like to know is which set of rules we're supposed to follow as a family.  None of us have issues showing our vaccine cards and carry copies of them with us everywhere we go, so the proof of vaccination is a non-issue.

I believe the entire party will be treated as unvaccinated as it should be I would thing

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Heymarco said:

Anyone have a source for this? Could be very helpful for sailing with child. 

It was announced at one of the TA's webinars.  It's only for cruises that have had the protocols announced.

10 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

It's on the Royal website. If you dont like these conditions and terms your money will be refunded. I can't access it from my phone for some reason but I did read it with my own eyes. 
I don't remember the date range.

1 minute ago, Heymarco said:

Got it, thanks! Hopefully will know more soon. Have a final payment coming up. 🙂

If you booked before March 19 and are sailing from Florida, it may apply to your sailing. I don’t remember all the terms, but it was discussed in a thread that has moved from the front page.The person who posted did a cut and paste from the Know Before You Go section. You can still find it. I think the title had to do with new protocols for August.

16 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Here you go https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=florida-july

scroll down to the blue section and you will see it.

Edited by forgotmyCCname

I think everyone is ignoring the effect on the vaccinated passengers.   Most of the ship is open to all of the passengers and everyone in those areas will be treated as an unvaccinated passenger.  This includes wearing masks.   This is truly a case of the tail wagging the dog.  The few unvaccinated people impacting the enjoyment of the majority.  

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

RCL is playing this thing really poorly and I think it's a disgrace. They announce because they are kid friendly cruiseline they'll allow them on board unvaccinated but then they come out every other day w/ a new policy against these same unvaccinated kids. They're back peddling. They didn't have the guts to tell families to wait to cruise like Carnival, Disney, and other lines have. Now they're back peddaling. And the only reason they're issuing refunds is because they know they can't win in court. Selling one thing and delievering another... it's called Bait & Switch. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, shippmates said:

If a family is traveling with a child under 12 even if the adults are vaccinated, the entire family will be considered unvaccinated.  Also you must have the original vaccination card, Royal will not accept a copy.

I don't think that is accurate, yes families will sit in the unvacinated section of the dining room and will need to take bubble excursions but I haven't seen anywhere where it says that I would not be able to enjoy the schooners bar in the evening when my grandkids are at adventure ocean.

• Like 4

Interesting how 2 lines (RCCL & Celebrity) under the same company are handling this a bit differently.

I realize their demographics are a tad different, so assuming that is the biggest factor driving the differences.

If our children were under 12, no way would we be cruising with them yet.

Thrilled to be an empty nester. I don't wanna wear a mask onboard (hey, I was the mask QUEEN before being vaccinated; Kinda over it now...). 

Glad we booked Celebrity & changed our Greece cruise to Caribbean!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I don't think that is accurate, yes families will sit in the unvacinated section of the dining room and will need to take bubble excursions but I haven't seen anywhere where it says that I would not be able to enjoy the schooners bar in the evening when my grandkids are at adventure ocean.

Exactly.

5 hours ago, HicksRA said:

They are now saying that they’ll grant refunds on any money paid fccs if people don’t like the new protocols for the affected sailing. 

Has this been confirmed that refunds will include FCCs, as  I've got $8k worth which I won't be able to use if these protocols remain in effect.  The FCCs were partially applied to  upcoming Easter Anthem sail and $2K in balances which will have some sort of expiration date.

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

We were talking about refunds of fccs, not cash fares….

I'm not talking about cash fares, but converting useless FCCs to cash.  The article which I've seen on other threads just mentions refunds, but not clear as what these entails.

3 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

As a family with an un-vaccinated child, you will need to go to the un-vaccinated venues and un-vaccinated times for entertainment. That is the way I see it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm not talking about cash fares, but converting useless FCCs to cash.  The article which I've seen on other threads just mentions refunds, but not clear as what these entails.

The webinar today stated that if you’re booked on a particular cruise and don’t want to abide by the COVID protocols for that cruise, they will refund cash back from any fccs used on that sailing. This is a new development.  
Maybe we’re not understanding each other. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Has this been confirmed that refunds will include FCCs, as  I've got $8k worth which I won't be able to use if these protocols remain in effect.  The FCCs were partially applied to  upcoming Easter Anthem sail and $2K in balances which will have some sort of expiration date.

image.thumb.png.2afdeda41edc3f7499358ef69a8b9de2.png