More restrictions for unvaccinated passengers

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Don’t they also have to eat with the unvaccinated or am I wrong? I haven’t paid that much attention to unvaccinated info since we are vaccinated and we are special since Royal wants us on board. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Ok, true about the vaccinated part but not the special part. 😁

Of course you are Special!     I know I am - LOL!🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

So one debate has now been settled... Wristbands for the vaccinated.

I've been watching some vlogs on  Youtube...seems people getting tested have to wait about 45min for their results before boarding. The person in the video was vaccianted, but said if was "mostly kids" being tested, and showed off their purple wristband...looked more like a flexible rubber wristband, not one of those paper-ish temp ones.

wristband.png

Edited by jrapps
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Wristbands aren't a fact yet, at least RC has said nothing about them, this blogger seems to be pushing them but no one else.  

I also haven't read that vaccinated adults would be restricted from vaccinated only locations even though they are traveling with unvaccinated kids that wouldn't go to those locations anyway but that is what is being said on this thread

On another note and nothing to do with you so please don't be offended,  Can one of the Drs respond to this?  In my limited general college education which was never focused on medicine.  I learned that Herd Immunity was to be able to surround vulnerable individuals with vaccinated individuals, thus protecting the vulnerable.  To separate vaccinated and unvaccinated is sort of defeating the purpose of herd immunity?  I don't know I am not knocking Royals protocols because I think there is still alot of fear in the vaccinated but just curious about the science.

Live from Freedom:

purple wristbands for the vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I have no issue with the bands or the segregated areas.  

Wonder it the color changes for the next sailing. Following the cruise, I  expect to see RCCL wristbands on EBAY. 😬

m

I was in the Havana area on my last Carnival sailing. Supposedly people were trying to sell the wristbands on EBay and Carnival started changing the colors randomly. You also had a sticker on your sea pass. I guess there is no way to undo a hole in your seapass for the unvaccinated. 

• Like 1

At least it looks like you can remove the wristbands when you want to.  I would hate to have to wear one of those paper or hospital type that you can't remove at all.  

Wonder if you can ask for different colored ones.   (to coordinate with my outfits!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So one debate has now been settled... Wristbands for the vaccinated.

Not surprising.  If they gave the un-vaxed passengers wristbands they could just take them off and be "vaccinated".

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Wristbands aren't a fact yet, at least RC has said nothing about them, this blogger seems to be pushing them but no one else.  

I also haven't read that vaccinated adults would be restricted from vaccinated only locations even though they are traveling with unvaccinated kids that wouldn't go to those locations anyway but that is what is being said on this thread

On another note and nothing to do with you so please don't be offended,  Can one of the Drs respond to this?  In my limited general college education which was never focused on medicine.  I learned that Herd Immunity was to be able to surround vulnerable individuals with vaccinated individuals, thus protecting the vulnerable.  To separate vaccinated and unvaccinated is sort of defeating the purpose of herd immunity?  I don't know I am not knocking Royals protocols because I think there is still alot of fear in the vaccinated but just curious about the science.

It isn't Royals job to try to get to herd immunity. Right now all they want is to keep it from spreading. It's the peoples job to get vaccinated of they want to get there.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Not surprising.  If they gave the un-vaxed passengers wristbands they could just take them off and be "vaccinated".

You'd kind of hope that people, especially cruisers, would not be so low (I was going to say sink, but maybe not good as a cruising metaphor) as to fake being vaccinated.  I know I've read suspicions here, but I can't imagine  anyone actually doing that.  People have the right to be vaccinated or not, but I'm guessing people aren't going to be evil enough to fake something like that.  Maybe back in the real world, but I've always found cruisers to be a pretty reasonable group.

Of course, I have seen people trying to sneak in booze in plastic skins and stuff, but that's not really hurting or potentially killing someone else.  It's just hurting RCI's economy.  That said, the biggest threat from COVID on a ship of mostly vaccinated folks, is those who may spread it about and cause RCI even more economy woes.  

I'm still hoping no one going on a cruise would be that kind of faker and purposefully put that many people in danger.

Tom

18 hours ago, RoyalC said:

The fact they want people to wear wristbands at all times is ridiculous and classless on a cruise. Save it for the waterpark. The leaders at RCL have been a joke during this whole thing.  How they got to their high positions I will never know. 

For Royal mixed cruises out of Florida, I'm not even sure wristbands are necessary. My reasons are this.......

When there are vaxxed and un-vaxxed people together INDOORS, all people have to mask and social distance. No need for ID bracelets.

Any venue that is set aside for vaxxed people only, crew will check the seapass cards for entry. If there is no hole punched in the card, then that means the person is vaxxed. Anyone trying to enter one of those venues with a hole punched in their card will be turned away. No need for ID bracelets.

As far as I know, no one (vaxxed or un-vaxxed) is required to wear a mask OUTDOORS. Is that correct? Regarding the latest protocol, anyone know for sure about that? If no masks are required for anyone OUTDOORS, then no ID bracelets should be necessary.

27 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

I saw someone make that comment previously. Surprised they didn't think that all the unvaccinated had to do was remove it. 🙄

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

For Royal mixed cruises out of Florida, I'm not even sure wristbands are necessary. My reasons are this.......

When there are vaxxed and un-vaxxed people together INDOORS, all people have to mask and social distance. No need for ID bracelets.

Any venue that is set aside for vaxxed people only, crew will check the seapass cards for entry. If there is no hole punched in the card, then that means the person is vaxxed. Anyone trying to enter one of those venues with a hole punched in their card will be turned away. No need for ID bracelets.

As far as I know, no one (vaxxed or un-vaxxed) is required to wear a mask OUTDOORS. Is that correct? Regarding the latest protocol, anyone know for sure about that? If no masks are required for anyone OUTDOORS, then no ID bracelets should be necessary.

Carnival Vista sailing out of Galveston.

Carnival said 95 percent of guests will need to have had their final approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to sailing and will be required to present proof of vaccination at time of check-in.

Vaccinated guests will not be required to wear masks or maintain physical distancing.