Bottled Water

Thanks for the replies.  We board Aug. 29 for 7 day to Western Caribbean. 
Bringing family and friends with us and can't wait.  My husband and I both are big water drinkers.  I don't want to waste one of my drink vouchers we get for being Diamond on water.  Saving those for gin and tonics.

I also bought the water package. We drink so much water.. Even though I have the deluxe beverage package, i always end up with needing more water in my room!  We try to hit the bars at the end of the night and get water bottles. They will usually let you grab two water bottles at a time.

51 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I also bought the water package. We drink so much water.. Even though I have the deluxe beverage package, i always end up with needing more water in my room!  We try to hit the bars at the end of the night and get water bottles. They will usually let you grab two water bottles at a time.

The trick is you always stop for a bottle on your way back to the room. I usually pop by my room at least twice per day (getting ready for dinner and I'm not a morning person so I usually go back to the room to get ready for the day after breakfast) so it's easy to get a stash and then it doesn't matter if you forget it when you're turning in for the night. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dgartin said:

Thanks for the replies.  We board Aug. 29 for 7 day to Western Caribbean. 
Bringing family and friends with us and can't wait.  My husband and I both are big water drinkers.  I don't want to waste one of my drink vouchers we get for being Diamond on water.  Saving those for gin and tonics.

Just remember that you must handcarry the water onboard (can not be in your checked luggage). If you pretend not to know your husband, you can carry 12 bottles each. But trust me, hauling a dozen bottles of water around through check in, embarkation, and lunch is a pain. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

The shipboard tap water is excellent!  We just take an empty bottle for each of us.

We do too but fill  up from a water fountain 🙂

One is usually on walking track and another is usually near medical center deck #2 .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

The shipboard tap water is excellent!  We just take an empty bottle for each of us.

This is what I do. Been cruising since before anyone used bottled water and have never had a problem with the ship’s water. Probably more pure than most bottled stuff. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baowen said:

Every time I get a drink at a bar, I ask for a bottle of water. I slowly accumulate a stash in the cabin. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Is there a smaller water package than 2 dozen?  Is there also 6 pack of soda that you can order like other cruise lines?

Yes, there is also a 1 Dozen pack of water.

No soda on Cruise Planner.

Last thing i would do is shlep a case of water around with me for a few hours .I drink the water on the ship and find it the same as any other water i drink. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dgartin said:

Can I bring water onboard Independence of the Seas from Galveston, TX???

On every one of my our sailings with Royal, we've bought our own water bottles. At port loading slap a room tag on it, porters will take it in as luggage. Make sure they're in a sturdy package -- we like the Evian boxes they sell at Sam's or Costco.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Does the water from the cans have a metallic taste to it?  I never drink can drinks anymore so am curious.  Thanks 

I've never had water from a can and almost thought that was a typo when I bought the water for my room.  We'll see what it tastes like !

46 minutes ago, coldflame said:

On every one of my our sailings with Royal, we've bought our own water bottles. At port loading slap a room tag on it, porters will take it in as luggage. Make sure they're in a sturdy package -- we like the Evian boxes they sell at Sam's or Costco.

In Canaveral the porters will NOT accept cases of water with a luggage tag on it.  It must be carry on only…..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DiamondSuiteCruiser said:

Do they not offer a premium brand of water any more (Spring water, Evian or FiJi)? We really hate Dasani (taste like the charcoal they filter it from), and I don't drink anything out of a can. Just my opinion, Don't Flame me (Son works for Coke and even he won't drink it)!

Royal pre covid had a press release saying that the next step in their Save the Waves program was to remove all single use plastics including plastic bottle water. 😇

5 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

In Canaveral the porters will NOT accept cases of water with a luggage tag on it.  It must be carry on only…..

Literally done it 3 times from Port Canaveral. Unless it's a new rule (i.e. from Sep '19) since our last Royal cruise.

Edited by coldflame

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

I've also always been fine with the tap water on board. Just refill a bottle or bring CamelBak or something like it. 

We take wide-mouth bottle for each of us.  If going ashore, we put a lot of ice in, then top up with cold water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

Literally done it 3 times from Port Canaveral. Unless it's a new rule (i.e. from Sep '19) since our last Royal cruise.

In the past couple of years we have seen and heard porters refuse to take cases of water every time we sailed.  (3/4 times a year from Canaveral)

Maybe you got lucky….I don’t know…..but there were always people onboard lugging around cases of water until the rooms got ready….🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️