"Discounted" PCP Bev Pkg

Hey Michael Bayley and anyone else who is reading,

This has to be a sick joke, right? 

$71/day is the 20% discounted pre-cruise price for the beverage package? Pre-COVID, I don't recall it ever being sold onboard higher than $65/pp/day, though I know it varies by itinerary and cruise duration.

Seriously, though, $71/pp/pd?  At that point your financial disclosures should state that you are an alcoholic beverage vendor who has a side business in selling cruise vacations.  At least when it comes to contribution margin, there would be no lie in that.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 10.55.07 PM.png

Nope. Some on here posted even higher. Ship, Date, price varies. Too High or price doesn't come down just pay by the drink. Mine are currently $61, were $40's and $50's over last yr.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Pre-pandemic it was as high as $86 on board.  That's based on personal observations that I saw on short 3 day weekend cruises.

Royal has long had variable prices based on who knows what.  You can't just post a price out of context.  What ship?  What sail date?  What region?  What cruise length?  All these and more influence the DX price.  That's the way has long been on Royal.

If you fixed drink package pricing cruise with Carnival.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

Now convert that to some other currencies...... you're looking at over $100 a day. 
But if people buy it, they'll sell it.

Australian is close US$71 is Au$ 95: 78 🙄

57 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Australian is close US$71 is Au$ 95: 78 🙄

Yeah, depending on the day it goes above $100 Canadian as well.
We like itineraries with more ports than sea days so it's a no brainer for us to not purchase it.

3 hours ago, STARFISH*4 said:

Soda pkg for my MR 7 day came to 73 and change and that is with a 30% discount.😜

Yeah consistent at $8.99 no matter the discount. But 18 months ago right b4 Covid saw it running at $13.99. Couple months later during shutdown back to $8.99 and been there over a yr. But hey with Royal, and everyone else, not what spend it's what you saved

12 hours ago, kevanmia said:

Seriously, though, $71/pp/pd?  At that point your financial disclosures should state that you are an alcoholic beverage vendor who has a side business in selling cruise vacations.  At least when it comes to contribution margin, there would be no lie in that.

At that price it's like 6 mixed drinks a day... that's not hard to do while on vacation trying to enjoy life. If you won't drink 6 drinks a day, dont get it

27 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

At that price it's like 6 mixed drinks a day... that's not hard to do while on vacation trying to enjoy life. If you won't drink 6 drinks a day, dont get it

Note it’s six drinks a day EVERY DAY. I do try to enjoy life on a cruise and enjoy my booze. But after 3-4 days I know my body needs a time out. Love drink packages on short cruises. The price need to be darn cheap for longer ones. 

Totally dependent on cruise.  My 4 night is running at 61/night.  My 12 night is 54/night.  My 5 night is 67/night

Given how much money the cruise lines and tourism have lost in the last 15 months, don't expect any real sales anytime soon.  One excursion i thought about booking on was the flight to Chitchen Itza.  It sat normally at about $540.00 and on sale for $479.00  Regular price for this is now $720.00!!

Edited by Rogueperson

I saw a video where a couple suggested getting the Refreshment package where mocktails are included and then ordering yourself a gift of bottles of booze to be delivered to your stateroom.  Is $50 outrageously expensive for a small bottle of rum and 4 cans of coke?  Yes.  Is it cheaper than buying the liquor pkg, YES.  Buuuut...question: Is that a legal/viable option for real?

1 hour ago, kayjaypea42 said:

I saw a video where a couple suggested getting the Refreshment package where mocktails are included and then ordering yourself a gift of bottles of booze to be delivered to your stateroom.  Is $50 outrageously expensive for a small bottle of rum and 4 cans of coke?  Yes.  Is it cheaper than buying the liquor pkg, YES.  Buuuut...question: Is that a legal/viable option for real?

The ability to pre-purchase liquor on RC ships is very limited, and at the price they charge for the 375ml bottles, I don't know if you are saving much 

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Note it’s six drinks a day EVERY DAY. I do try to enjoy life on a cruise and enjoy my booze. But after 3-4 days I know my body needs a time out. Love drink packages on short cruises. The price need to be darn cheap for longer ones. 

Its not just alcohol to consider, between a couple fresh OJ's at breakfast, a specialty coffee, and a few bottles of water I have almost offset $30 before lunch

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

If your just getting beer or gin and tonics it can be six alcoholic drinks, however most  cocktails are $13.00 plus gratuity which is $2.34 making that drink $15.34.

Six of those equals $92.04.  

Bottled water, soda, fresh juice and coffees can add up to a third go almost half of the daily cost depending on the individual. 

We figure three to four drinks a day is break even for us because we use it for all the other drinks too.  

Even if we don’t quite break even it is convenient, we don’t have to lug soda, water or wine in our carry on and it gives us more flexibility.  

14 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Our Navigator of the seas in January is now 20% off at $71.00 + 18%.  We can probably get by with 10  D+ drinks on the sea pass card. Luckily my wife is happy with 3 a day. 

Every few weeks it has been going down to 62 on our February Navigator cruise.  It has not gone below that.  71 plus gratuity is $83.78. Too high for me.  I purchased at $62, but am hoping it will go down a bit more.  

4 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

So the in room booze packages are $43-49. Anyone know if they get the mandatory 18%? So for roughly the cost of the drink package, you can get the no alcohol drink package plus an in room bottle of booze every day. 

The 375’s provide enough booze to give a 2oz spike to six virgin mock tails. The nice thing is you can get the in room booze less than every day and save some money. The down side is you have to get your mocktail at a bar then carry it all the way back to your room to spike it. Or get discrete about carrying booze out of your room to spike drinks on the spot. Of course, once you start breaking rules and being sneaky, time to think about really saving money and snuggle your booze on board. 

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

So the in room booze packages are $43-49. Anyone know if they get the mandatory 18%? So for roughly the cost of the drink package, you can get the no alcohol drink package plus an in room bottle of booze every day. 

The 375’s provide enough booze to give a 2oz spike to six virgin mock tails. The nice thing is you can get the in room booze less than every day and save some money. The down side is you have to get your mocktail at a bar then carry it all the way back to your room to spike it. Or get discrete about carrying booze out of your room to spike drinks on the spot. Of course, once you start breaking rules and being sneaky, time to think about really saving money and snuggle your booze on board. 

The real downside is you can only order the in room liquor pre cruise. You can NOT order it once your sailing is underway.