July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

@dreaminofcruisinthe first list is from the inside left hand side if the wine book. It was in last nights formal night wine menu. 
@caribill I believe @Steelers36 is on the next sailing at least that’s what I recall without looking back. I’m simply addressing their concerns on a sailing I believed to be in the very near future. As you know I really try not to speculate. I think that’s a waste of time. Now give me data actual data…. not just a few observations and I’ll put my degree to work to provide a prediction with a stated level of mathematical certainty. 

• Like 3

On 7/25/2021 at 3:08 PM, voljeep said:

will / can you confirm from that video that the Beverage Package can now be used for room service ?

On 7/25/2021 at 3:09 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Yes, she was kind enough to post a server saying that to her on camera. 

I missed this before it was removed. 
I am still confused about the PBP for room service. 
did this change for all future cruises or just this one?

sorry for having to ask again. 

Just now, dog said:

I missed this before it was removed. 
I am still confused about the PBP for room service. 
did this change for all future cruises or just this one?

sorry for having to ask again. 

To follow on from this, as I think my post got lost in the flood that happened while the cruisers were sleeping

We would love to all know when and how you can currently use Ocean Now to order drinks for free on a Beverage Package? Just when near bars, in room, in corridors, near pool?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Has there been any Alaskan food specials up near the pool?  Did anyone come onboard in Skagway or Juneau (or coming today) as a special speaker about Alaska or with the dogs (I know Princess advertised special presentations for Alaska)?  

Are they really just taking pictures at night on the ship?  Was there a photographer out yesterday at the glacier?  Did they have hot drinks around the top decks out yesterday?

Thanks for all your time to answer our questions!

I’m wondering about these topics, too! There was an article announcing “North to Alaska” menu items that got me thinking about King crab. And the musher’s puppies meet and greet? I’m guessing that it ended up not happening, but hoping for confirmation one way or the other. 

Many thanks to those cruising and keeping us up to date! 

Here you go. The package and room service question should be put to rest with this video of Oleh. I have enjoyed quite a few room service deliveries using my beverage package. Room service times are getting better everyday in my experiences. They added more staff and did some improvements to the technology on board. 
@Capella Blackyes anywhere really. Be a bit careful of the delivery location. There’s a scroll down menu to pick from if it’s off a bit. I’ve included screen shots. Those were my options the other day standing mid ships deck 17 over the skywalk

near MUTS.  Also if you are on your balcony near your neighbors’ you might inadvertently (or intentionally lol) have it delivered to them. 

Last night’s captain circle event was really special. They had one at 5 snd 7 (at least). Although I’ve qualified for some time to attend this was the first one I actually went to. Very glad I did. 

Jan  addressed the difficulties the team faced bringing the ship back into service. she said they were working as fast as possible to improve all the new features being implemented.  Captain Dino describes the passengers as the blood in the veins of the ship 

@Chai8i actually met Chris from corporate (how he introduced himself) up decks while we were in front of the glacier yesterday. He is the one who personally put together the entire north to Alaska program. No puppies in the piazza we had The Life of a Musher with a pup brought on board. 
we picked up our king crab in Juneau snd it was fabulous.

0B05950C-D8E2-49FC-88B1-75D5045865CE.png

BCA2308E-3232-48F7-9B89-46CB0CF3DFDC.png

6A386884-4998-4FE4-BEE1-9304AE573C10.png

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Here you go. The package and room service question should be put to rest with this video of Oleh. I have enjoyed quite a few room service deliveries using my beverage package. Room service times are getting better everyday in my experiences. They added more staff and did some improvements to the technology on board. 
@Capella Blackyes anywhere really. Be a bit careful of the delivery location. There’s a scroll down menu to pick from if it’s off a bit. I’ve included screen shots. Also if you are on your balcony near your neighbors’ you might inadvertently (or intentionally lol) have it delivered to them. 

Thank you so much @HaveDogWillTravel that is incredibly exiciting! I adore a late afternoon cocktail on our balcony before getting ready for dinner, but that's always meant going and finding a bar and bringing them back. No more!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Capella Black said:

Thank you so much @HaveDogWillTravel that is incredibly exiciting! I adore a late afternoon cocktail on our balcony before getting ready for dinner, but that's always meant going and finding a bar and bringing them back. No more!

Yes!!!

thanks 

Just now, Capella Black said:

I see sunrise Mimosa's with a little peach schnapps on the balcony in my near future!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@dreaminofcruisinthe first list is from the inside left hand side if the wine book. It was in last nights formal night wine menu. 
@caribill I believe @Steelers36 is on the next sailing at least that’s what I recall without looking back. I’m simply addressing their concerns on a sailing I believed to be in the very near future. As you know I really try not to speculate. I think that’s a waste of time. Now give me data actual data…. not just a few observations and I’ll put my degree to work to provide a prediction with a stated level of mathematical certainty. 

Guess you got up early for sunrise today.  I am not on the next sailing - in fact, not on any Alaska sailings for 2021.  We are waiting until next year to cruise.  No specific plan until OCT 2022.

24 minutes ago, Chai8 said:

I’m wondering about these topics, too! There was an article announcing “North to Alaska” menu items that got me thinking about King crab. And the musher’s puppies meet and greet? I’m guessing that it ended up not happening, but hoping for confirmation one way or the other. 

And did Iditarod winner Libby Riddles come on board with one of her dogs and give a presentation?

Edited by capriccio

The North to Alaska notice about the presenters and demonstrations onboard was unclear about what cruises they would be on. One could read it as all would be on each cruise, though that's unlikely, or different cruises would have different presenters. Looks like the latter.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the information I am getting. We have a 7 day cruise booked in December. My husband saw a deal for a 3 day on the Majestic in October. So we are hopping on board so that we can have the ship kind of figured out as well as the medallion app. I’m sad to read so many negative posts about the app. I’m not very tech savvy, but I think I’ll be able to figure it out. I’m glad I can get a drink delivered to my room. Again thank you to all that are posting. I am extremely grateful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@Steelers36thanks for clarifying. In that case I’d wait snd see what the actual dining experiences are closer to your dates. 

Understand.  I am following all the main issues and changes with MC App.  Also in correspondence with Princess on several items and interested to know what is happening on the ships and of course what Jan would say.  Looks like you got a preview last night at the reception.

• Like 1

Just now, kml246 said:

The North to Alaska notice about the presenters and demonstrations onboard was unclear about what cruises they would be on. One could read it as all would be on each cruise, though that's unlikely, or different cruises would have different presenters. Looks like the latter.

I've been on 3 Alaska cruises and the presenters and demonstrations noted in the North to Alaska section all happened.  Maybe we were just lucky?  I know the presenters come on the ship and then leave before the ship heads to the next port.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

I've been on 3 Alaska cruises and the presenters and demonstrations noted in the North to Alaska section all happened.  Maybe we were just lucky?  I know the presenters come on the ship and then leave before the ship heads to the next port.

Interesting, I hope that happens. They all seemed interesting. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

Lots of wines that are way out of our price range. Apparently we are the "poor folk" on Princess. Ah well, they got rid of our favorite a couple of years ago. Maybe they will still have it by the bottle in MDR. We always find something at Vines.

Exactly why we carry on bottles and pay the corkage fee.  I can get a $15-$20 bottle through my wine club that they charge $50-$60 on board...so still get away with a good deal by paying that $15 fee while drinking premium wine.

32 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

And don’t forget about the brown liquor nightcap. 
The wine menu is somewhat limited for room service but the cocktail menu is extensive. 

my wife and I will both have Plus - if we both want a glass of wine on the balcony - will we each have to order those separately or can we each order a glass at the same time on one device/login

54 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@Capella Blackyes anywhere really. Be a bit careful of the delivery location. There’s a scroll down menu to pick from if it’s off a bit. I’ve included screen shots. Those were my options the other day standing mid ships deck 17 over the skywalk

near MUTS.  Also if you are on your balcony near your neighbors’ you might inadvertently (or intentionally lol) have it delivered to them. 

Last night’s captain circle event was really special. They had one at 5 snd 7 (at least). Although I’ve qualified for some time to attend this was the first one I actually went to. Very glad I did. 

Jan  addressed the difficulties the team faced bringing the ship back into service. she said they were working as fast as possible to improve all the new features being implemented.  Captain Dino describes the passengers as the blood in the veins of the ship 

@Chai8i actually met Chris from corporate (how he introduced himself) up decks while we were in front of the glacier yesterday. He is the one who personally put together the entire north to Alaska program. No puppies in the piazza we had The Life of a Musher with a pup brought on board. 
we picked up our king crab in Juneau snd it was fabulous.

IMG_2901.MOV 8.62 MB · 11 downloads

0B05950C-D8E2-49FC-88B1-75D5045865CE.png

BCA2308E-3232-48F7-9B89-46CB0CF3DFDC.png

6A386884-4998-4FE4-BEE1-9304AE573C10.png

This suddenly males Princess Plus a whole lot MORE attractive! Thank You!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Has there been any Alaskan food specials up near the pool?  Did anyone come onboard in Skagway or Juneau (or coming today) as a special speaker about Alaska or with the dogs (I know Princess advertised special presentations for Alaska)?  

Are they really just taking pictures at night on the ship?  Was there a photographer out yesterday at the glacier?  Did they have hot drinks around the top decks out yesterday?

Thanks for all your time to answer our questions!

No specials by the pool in Juneau or Skagway. I love those pop ups.  I hope they come back for later sailings. Yes to all your other questions except the pictures at night question as I don’t know what it means. 
the north to Alaska program is alive and well!  

• Like 1