July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

7 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Our room steward is incredible.  They only come in to clean your room when you are not present but we do catch up in the hallway to exchange pleasantries.  I don’t see any real differences between before and now except they are providing service once a day unless you request the evening service, as well.  In my opinion, this has been a long time coming and I like it better.  
I absolutely love the green and red buttons on our medallion screen outside our room.  Those signs on the doors would get lost or fall off … this makes it so much easier all the way around.  
We are still getting a paper patter, although abbreviated.  Again, better because it’s better for the environment.  I don’t believe they are ready to go paperless just yet.  Gone are all the ads for the jewelry, spa, art auctions, etc.  

The ship is spotless … not only the room stewards but everyone is constantly cleaning!  

How do the red and green buttons on the medallion screen work?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ctipton55 said:

Can you tell me what the time options are?   Just need an idea to give to shuttle company.   Thank you.

The Express walk off times are 7:15 - 7:30 and then every fifteen minute interval after through the next hour.  
if you are using Seattle Express, you do not need to give them a time.  They start pick ups at 7:00 AM and run shuttles constantly throughout the morning.  

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

How do the red and green buttons on the medallion screen work?

I probably didn’t explain that very well … 

there is a privacy button (red)  and a please make up the room button (green) on the medallion screens right outside your door. I don’t think you can set them unless your medallion is within range so, no pranksters can change your setting.  Kind of sweet.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I probably didn’t explain that very well … 

there is a privacy button (red)  and a please make up the room button (green) on the medallion screens right outside your door. I don’t think you can set them unless your medallion is within range so, no pranksters can change your setting.  Kind of sweet.  

So when we walk away with our medallion it would automatically turn green since we were out of the room? Thank you!

29 minutes ago, nona0541 said:

I would think, that due to Covid, they would eliminate this due to the waving of the napkins.  Personally I do not like everyone waving napkins that have wiped mouths and possible blown noses.  

I can really see your point on that one.  It’s still a very festive atmosphere despite no parade or napkins waving in the dining room.  
And yuk, do people really blow their nose at the dining room table?  Even at home, my DH excuses himself and goes in the other room to blow his nose … always has.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

So when we walk away with our medallion it would automatically turn green since we were out of the room? Thank you!

No, you still have to set it.  If it turned green every time you left the room, I could see that being a problem for the room steward.  
‘what did they want now?’ .. haha!  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The Express walk off times are 7:15 - 7:30 and then every fifteen minute interval after through the next hour.  
if you are using Seattle Express, you do not need to give them a time.  They start pick ups at 7:00 AM and run shuttles constantly throughout the morning.  

Someone posted earlier that disembarkation started at 7am.  Are you saying it's 7:15?

14 hours ago, ctipton55 said:

When does the departure time choices show up in the app.   We need to let our shuttle know what time we are getting off the ship.    thank you.

We booked the R/T shuttle ride in Seattle with "Seattle Express".  They run the vans every 15 minutes from 7am to 11am.  No need to pre book the departure time.

OMG if you are a CC member and on this ship pay VERY close attention to this thread. Duke just told me he is arranging a private function for CC members  to meet Jan!!!!

OMG. Now I know why you ask for room numbers on roll call spread sheets. I have some but not all. Duke has my email address and is going to ask Jan what day/time she want  and email me. I will post ASAP. 

and I just saw Neville if you are signed up for our Chef table it will be tomorrow after Ketchikan. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Can you all out there help me keep the posting about Jan #1017 on every page?  I don’t want it to get buried and then goljs on board miss it!  My internet doesn’t always work. 

Private meeting with Jan - stay tuned! Thanks to Have Dog Will Travel.

• Like 1

To my CC members on board:  please get me your cabin numbers, handle and names so I can put you on the invite list for the function Duke is setting up for CC members to meet Jan. 
I am in R734 so shove a piece of paper under my door or call from the guest services area phone and leave me a message. 
please do not invite non cc members. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I can really see your point on that one.  It’s still a very festive atmosphere despite no parade or napkins waving in the dining room.  
And yuk, do people really blow their nose at the dining room table?  Even at home, my DH excuses himself and goes in the other room to blow his nose … always has.  

LOL!!!  I thought the same thing...who would blow their nose into their Dinner napkin??  Pretty nasty!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We are still getting a paper patter, although abbreviated.  Again, better because it’s better for the environment.  I don’t believe they are ready to go paperless just yet.  Gone are all the ads for the jewelry, spa, art auctions, etc.  

YES!!! This makes me happy. The ads were totally annoying and such a waste of paper, ink, time, effort, etc.

• Like 21

55 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

OMG if you are a CC member and on this ship pay VERY close attention to this thread. Duke just told me he is arranging a private function for CC members  to meet Jan!!!!

OMG. Now I know why you ask for room numbers on roll call spread sheets. I have some but not all. Duke has my email address and is going to ask Jan what day/time she want  and email me. I will post ASAP. 

and I just saw Neville if you are signed up for our Chef table it will be tomorrow after Ketchikan. 

Wonderful news!

post pics 

27 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

To my CC members on board:  please get me your cabin numbers, handle and names so I can put you on the invite list for the function Duke is setting up for CC members to meet Jan. 
I am in R734 so shove a piece of paper under my door or call from the guest services area phone and leave me a message. 
please do not invite non cc members. 

So glad to see this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Our chef table invites have arrived so if you signed up please look for it. It’s 6:30 tomorrow in Allegro 

Enjoy your chef's table experience. They do such a lovely job but especially on those Royal class ships with the luminaire table. And since you have the amazing Neville with you on board and you probably have noticed straight from the beginning you were going to get a top notch experience.

Edited by Jeter02

13 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Our chef table invites have arrived so if you signed up please look for it. It’s 6:30 tomorrow in Allegro 

Our chef table invites have a typo. It says Thursday July 30. It should say Friday July 30. You should be getting a corrected one. 

11 hours ago, cruisindanx said:

Gala night menu for tomorrow, looks great! 

DC9E319E-4B80-4CDE-8D11-080E21CFA330.jpeg

8259E259-2760-4EC4-BDD7-5686D77D0C5F.jpeg

D579CBEF-E1D2-4F9B-96E8-45F3BE36F7FB.jpeg

Yum! So this is for tonight? Is it for all of the passengers? We are sailing in Sept and I purposefully booked the balcony dinner on the inner passage night because I thought it wouldn't be a special menu. Is this considered a "formal" night?

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

.  One thing I did notice is that this was the first time we saw the staff checking for reservations when entering the theater for the show.

Did they allow all entrances to be used or just one or two where they could easily check for reservations?