July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

7 minutes ago, dskenn said:

Apologize is you already got you answer.  Sign outside elevator says 1-6 people in elevator.  Sign inside elevator says masks suggested.  Funny how some elevators are crammed with people not wearing masks and some times only three people in elevator  all wearing masks.  

Thanks, yes OP posted elevator situation earlier today 

Just now, JF - retired RRT said:

Just had a thought...any reports of Noro?

Seems with all the sanitation changes and no self-serve buffet, it should be close to zero.

Quick!  Knock on wood!  Just the other day, I was talking to a friend of mine about the good old days when Noro was the big threat.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just had a thought...any reports of Noro?

Seems with all the sanitation changes and no self-serve buffet, it should be close to zero.

I haven’t heard or seen posts of any medical or health issues from us. I did read that the Celebrity ship that went out of Seattle recently too did have an active Covid case that was debarked and flown out. 

To be fair I have never been on any cruise with Noro or anything of the like. Personally for myself I haven’t even got the normal sniffles or minor cold that I often would at the start of a trip. 

Edited by ChangeOrder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Informatics Nurse said:

Do you know if you can go to the Crown Grill Bar and order just appetizers?

Yes, you can, but the cost would remain the same.  

I noticed that the trio dessert tray is no longer offered.  Nor the lemon meringue item is not on the list.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, caribill said:

In Juneau today:

Princess Cruises made history when the cruise line introduced its revolutionary shore power program and began operations in partnership with the City and Borough of Juneau and Alaska Electric Light and Power Company in the summer of 2001. Now, 20 years later when Princess Cruises vessels arrive at the Franklin Dock, ships continue to "plug in" to local surplus hydroelectric power and turn off the diesel engines, reducing the impact of visible air emissions and the cruise line's carbon footprint in an effort applauded by local government officials and the residents of the capital city.

The 20th anniversary milestone was recognized as Majestic Princess made her maiden call to the port of Juneau and commissioned to connect to the Juneau electrical grid. Princess Cruises President Jan Swartz, Majestic Princess Captain Dino Sagani, Alaska Electric Light and Power Company President and General Manager Connie Hulbert and Juneau Mayor Beth Weldon and City Manager Rorie Watt were in attendance.

Just imagine the size of that extension cord!

On 7/26/2021 at 2:35 PM, Maddies Mom 46 said:

DH’s big disappointment was no gelato flights on deck 5, only soft serve on deck 16. 

The International café is fully open - because of social distancing they are not even closing down sections - it's wide open with tons of seating. Impressed with how good the food is everywhere on the ship even in the buffet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I noticed that the trio dessert tray is no longer offered.  Nor the lemon meringue item is not on the list.

On one of our more "recent" (recent being very relative) - the trio wasn't offered. We asked for it and got it. May not be able to do that anymore, it's been a long time.

8 hours ago, dog said:

Can one of you on-board tell us about elevator use, restrictions, number allowed on at once, enforcement?

apologize  if already mentioned. 

It’s supposed to be no more than six people per elevator and masks but nobody has really adhered to those recommendations.   We do if we see the elevator is already with the max capacity but most others just crowd on in.  
This all may change with the new cdc recommendations for everyone to mask up in most places.  

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Different selections, but the Triple Chocolate Treasure looks like the new trio dessert to me.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you!  After looking at the old menu I would not have booked this specialty restaurant but I really like the new menu. 

I agree.  The old Harmony menu had way too many items that didn't sound appealing to me and I like to try different foods.  We will be booking the Harmony for our Sept. 5 cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Detroit-Cruiser said:

Here are specialty dining menus (reposting Harmony, which was posted earlier). Harmony is Americanized from what it was before.

1AC71977-494D-4069-B2A4-837FBE92B2EA.jpeg

E86C1CEE-EE50-4B94-8941-4872548895A1.jpeg

97E3B9A2-1F6C-4E75-864C-6CC8BCF437C6.jpeg

A541C98F-E148-4A34-9762-AF410AEB7837.jpeg

171C20CE-A4AE-4103-9998-A0678FC01C3C.jpeg

54374EB0-70D2-49A1-804B-998A1FA8716C.jpeg

They promoted Alaskan specials in the specialty dining.  Have you seen any?

TIA

3 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

I agree.  The old Harmony menu had way too many items that didn't sound appealing to me and I like to try different foods.  We will be booking the Harmony for our Sept. 5 cruise.

Please let us know how you like it.  I am also hoping that someone posts photos from the noodle bar on the Lido deck. I love Ramen.

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Please let us know how you like it.  I am also hoping that someone posts photos from the noodle bar on the Lido deck. I love Ramen.

I can't wait for the noodle bar!!!  We have been to Alaska a bunch of times and plan on pretty much staying on the ship on port days and enjoying the different venues for lunch.  Yum!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

She and her son were masked up and I asked her if she wouldn’t mind letting me know why… we were outside and it isn’t even suggested there. Even though they are vaccinated, they come from Florida near the cruise ports and said it was such a hotbed of delta variant she was being extra cautious to not bring the variant onboard. 

I've got mad respect for people like this who take the personal responsibility to protect others. Well done, especially since this was apparently before the confirmation that some vaccinated folks can be well, yet have sufficient viral load to pass the virus on to others. 

Thank you, @HaveDogWillTravelfor sharing your experiences with us, especially the little details like this. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

I can't wait for the noodle bar!!!  We have been to Alaska a bunch of times and plan on pretty much staying on the ship on port days and enjoying the different venues for lunch.  Yum!!

I hope someone posts some photos!  I have a dairy allergy so this is the best thing ever for me!  I can’t wait for our December cruise. 😊

Unless you really need to take the train, just stay on the ship in Skagway. The town is dead and most of the shops are gone. We feel a bit depressed after walking through town and seeing the emptiness. 

Here’s hoping Ketchikan is still alive!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

Unless you really need to take the train, just stay on the ship in Skagway. The town is dead and most of the shops are gone. We feel a bit depressed after walking through town and seeing the emptiness. 

Here’s hoping Ketchikan is still alive!

Thanks for that update. We’re booked on the train, but it sounds like we’ll be headed right back to port after if there’s nothing doing in town. The loss of the cruise industry over the past year must have hit them hard. 

• Like 1