July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

9 hours ago, coastcat said:

...the Americanization of Harmony menu (the original menu looked wonderful but now I doubt I'll make a reservation there), Majestic has lost some of its appeal to me...

What a disappointment! It would be interesting to compare the new Harmony menu to the old, if a passenger posts a pix of the menu.

5 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

What a disappointment! It would be interesting to compare the new Harmony menu to the old, if a passenger posts a pix of the menu.

See separate thread 'Rate Majestic Specialty Restaurants'

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

There is a new Harmony menu on the current Majestic cruise which is much more Americanized like Panda Express than the original menu which is still being shown on the Princess website.

Website

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/harmony-dinner-menu.pdf

image.thumb.jpeg.c2874d2724b925f8fb8c26fb4236c8cb.jpeg

Current Menu:

D4F767CB-6DCE-41E4-9A43-D102A5CC0989.jpeg

12 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Here are the original & new menu from the current cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

He is doing a wine table as well.

Thanks…I was wondering if the Winemakers Dinner in the midship’s dining room’s Wine Cellars for 12 passengers at $40/pp. was available…it’s my favorite specialty dining option.

• Like 4

Haven't seen any mentions of Sur La Mer - can anyone onboard snap their menu, lunch and/or dinner? Curious if those have been changed as well. Noise level is my only concern given the location of that restaurant.

Thanks for taking time out of your vacations to answer all our many questions! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

If I live to sail into Skagway a hundred times I would still want to sail in a hundred more. It’s a 3 hour slow roll through archipelago and fjord……snow capped mountains with rushing waterfalls, low lying forested islands…….simply stunning.  Especially from an aft cabin. 

The ship barely makes a wake almost as slow as glacier bay itself. This trip I was up  at 4 am and we get to port at 7 am. The trip out tonight will just as wonderful only different lighting. 

The entire sail so far Seattle to here has been like sailing on a lake. Barely any movement, just enough to know you’re sailing. 

A few more notes from my experiences.  My free elite laundry is 3 day turn around. My elite mini bar set up is identical to past ones. It does incl the brandy in the glass jar. I mention that because on my last sailing in 2019 the brandy wasn’t available. The PES happy hour has been the same as always. There’s a lovely singer who plays guitar. 

My Rivera deck aft cabin had a little soot the first day but yesterday and today there’s been none. I get a small faint whiff of smoke from the deck 17 aft smoking area occasionally. It passes quickly and does not linger. 

The ship position map is on the tv in the Patter section. It no longer includes longitude, latitude, temperature or sea depth. Just degrees, heading and speed. Also the zoom in out isn’t as fine tuned as before, meaning you go from too far out to too far in with one click. 

They don’t have the passport stamps or the pop out ships maps…the one with a picture of the ship and your room number on it. 

So I was talking to Neville last night and he said he will only have the one chef table for us. He is doing a wine table as well. He was talking about how special this first post pandemic chef table was for him. I echoed the feeling as he and I have had lots of good times at past chef tables. 

There are very few on board who wear masks.  I’ve stopped carrying mine around. I isolated before the trip and wore a kn95 on the plane and at all times in the hotel outside my room. Being vaccinated and careful I feel certain I didn’t carry covid with me on board. 

We meet, we socialize, we sit side by side at bars, we laugh, we sing along with songs, we eat with new friends…..nothing about this has changed. Since we have only 2286 or so pax the elevators have been very easy to get with the aft elevators of course the easiest as always. 

I was talking to Helen up decks after she almost won the first Yes/No Game show. That show was wet your pants fun! She and her son were masked up and I asked her if she wouldn’t mind letting me know why… we were outside and it isn’t even suggested there. Even though they are vaccinated, they come from Florida near the cruise ports and said it was such a hotbed of delta variant she was being extra cautious to not bring the variant onboard. She’s been on 81 cruise and her 19 year old sweet son has 31 under his belt. 
I can’t believe I’m able to post this using medallion net. 

1D0DAE77-703B-4F08-815F-0ED3456804B9.jpeg

FBC79772-CA1D-479A-9BC8-31E6FC30ACD0.jpeg

B3249B75-BD67-48FF-948A-2B657DA21AD7.jpeg

In the future if you ever have an opportunity highly recommend the wine table dinner. It is phenomenal it's kind of like a mini chef's table. I've done both the chef's table and the wine table dinner multiple times on the royal class ships and I actually prefer the wine table dinner surprisingly enough. But they're both fabulous beyond words.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

It looks like Majestic is in the yellow category on the CDC site. Is that affecting your travel at all?

That was discussed earlier & was said Majestic is now green but there’s a delay in updating the CDC’s website. No posts from passengers have said anything has changed onboard & that wearing masks are not required.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

Thanks to everyone for letting us sail along with you. Glad to hear about so many positive experiences on board. Brave souls you are - to be the first ones out. Your reports and replies are greatly appreciated. Enjoy every mouthful, every minute. We all know that 7 days on a cruise flies by far too quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

With the capacity of the ship reduced to 60%, what sort of upgrades/upsells were offered?

I paid a few dollars more to get a balcony over the inside cabin I actually prefer. I figured my teen’s first Alaska Cruise was worthy of a balcony. It’s almost a wash once I figured in the extra OBC I got for moving from an interior to a balcony. 

Nothing free, but incredibly easy pricing. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ChangeOrder said:

I paid a few dollars more to get a balcony over the inside cabin I actually prefer. I figured my teen’s first Alaska Cruise was worthy of a balcony. It’s almost a wash once I figured in the extra OBC I got for moving from an interior to a balcony. 

Nothing free, but incredibly easy pricing. 

Just what I wanted to hear, thank you. I thought that they might want to move folks out of insides.

We have an inside booked on the Majestic in November, I'm hoping for an upsell as well, but who knows how things will be by then.

@cruisindanxyes there is one for our group but you had to be at our m&g to sign up since the experience changed you had to hear from Neville what was different and say if you were ok with the changes. It is full and he is only doing the one. I believe there is more than one wine makers table but not sure. You can ask. 

21 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That was discussed earlier & was said Majestic is now green but there’s a delay in updating the CDC’s website. No posts from passengers have said anything has changed onboard & that wearing masks are not required.

Although I didn't post that, I have been checking and the Majestic went Orange on Monday and is now back to Yellow so this seems to be more than a delay in updating the CDC website.  It could be an error by the CDC in updating or it could be a substantive issue which may affect this or later cruises (and we're supposedly leaving August 1 so this is a concerning sign to us)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, DuncanBlizzard said:

Although I didn't post that, I have been checking and the Majestic went Orange on Monday and is now back to Yellow so this seems to be more than a delay in updating the CDC website.  It could be an error by the CDC in updating or it could be a substantive issue which may affect this or later cruises (and we're supposedly leaving August 1 so this is a concerning sign to us)

And at the top of the page it currently says, "This table is updated several times a week, as needed. Last updated July 27, 2021 with EDC data submitted July 26, 2021"

When it was Orange the dates were July 23rd and July 22nd (if I'm remembering correctly).  So it seems like this has changed since setting sail.

I asked at breakfast if they were doing shared tables. The answer was yes. They will put an empty seat between groups. This morning I sat with a lovely couple. It was their first princess cruise and first to Alaska. 
they don’t ask you anymore so you simply request. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dog said:

Can one of you on-board tell us about elevator use, restrictions, number allowed on at once, enforcement?

apologize  if already mentioned. 

Apologize is you already got you answer.  Sign outside elevator says 1-6 people in elevator.  Sign inside elevator says masks suggested.  Funny how some elevators are crammed with people not wearing masks and some times only three people in elevator  all wearing masks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Just what I wanted to hear, thank you. I thought that they might want to move folks out of insides.

We have an inside booked on the Majestic in November, I'm hoping for an upsell as well, but who knows how things will be by then.

That’s kinda far out and I would expect they are closer to full capacity by then. Princess contacted my TA about four weeks ago to upsell, to give you an idea on the timing. 

• Thanks 1