Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

Not impressed with the 2023 Southampton cruises either - all a bit boring and overpriced. Normally we'd jump on a cruise or two as soon as they're released, but with no price promise thanks to cruise with confidence for these trips I think it's better to wait for the inevitable price drops.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I booked Jewel Arctic cruise 17th June '23

We are doing that itinerary in June 2022, hopefully. The JS price for our 2022 cruise is about $6300 for 2.

2023 is $7,760. Cabin 1100 is still available 😳😳.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

55 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I have noticed that Southampton departures do tend to have very high release prices. I guess they think Brits will pay up?  

I don't think it's a matter of thinking any country will "pay up". 

Every release has seen higher prices. Alaska 2023 is higher compared to 2022.  Caribbean 2023 isn't bargain territory, especially with suites.  Suites are definitely trending higher probably because they are in demand.  Star Class prices are very much higher in 2023 across the board in all regions.

I think they are targeting their massive debt, not any particular geographic region. 

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Star Class prices are very much higher in 2023 across the board in all regions.

This is certainly true. So much for any Star class bargains on release day.

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We are doing that itinerary in June 2022, hopefully. The JS price for our 2022 cruise is about $6300 for 2.

2023 is $7,760. Cabin 1100 is still available 😳😳.

mac_tlc

I would need to rob a bank at that price. I booked an inside and will look for a price drop or royal up.

I could do 4 cruises for that price

• Like 2

In the Royal Caribbean blogspot it says:

(Tried to put the link but it does not let me)

Vision of the Seas & Wonder of the Seas appear on the list of ships, but no itineraries are available to book yet.

Huh??? Maybe an error?

It's true though that they appear when you select Europe and 2023 dates but no itineraries...

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

30 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Europe Ta's are on the sea scanning site but not on Royal. Just booked Ex Ta April '23

I think they've lost the plot a bit; they have the TAs scattered around the website. Some are under "Transatlantic", some are under "Repositioning" and I'm not really sure what Ex's is under; I can't see it in either of the above but I can if I look specifically for the ship in the relative time frame.

Love that they're calling it "Portugal and Spain crossing" when it doesn't have a single stop anywhere in Portugal! I think someone in the planning department needs to brush up on their geography! :classic_laugh:

Nice itinerary, though, and at pretty decent prices. I think you have a good one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I think they've lost the plot a bit; they have the TAs scattered around the website. Some are under "Transatlantic", some are under "Repositioning" and I'm not really sure what Ex's is under; I can't see it in either of the above but I can if I look specifically for the ship in the relative time frame.

Love that they're calling it "Portugal and Spain crossing" when it doesn't have a single stop anywhere in Portugal! I think someone in the planning department needs to brush up on their geography! :classic_laugh:

Nice itinerary, though, and at pretty decent prices. I think you have a good one.

Just like Scotland and Uk being called England

8 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Just like Scotland and Uk being called England

Hah! Stock answer my brother-in-law, who runs some tourist flats, sets himself up for every time he makes the mistake of asking a Scottish guest if they're English: No, I'm Scottish; are you Spanish? :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

After looking at what is coming out on RCL, their Silversea brand is looking a lot better for Europe in 2023-2024.😨

With what’s included Silversea really isn’t badly priced compared to some of the Royal prices.

Some of the Southampton departures are incredibly high.