Will you stay or will you go?

julia

Just curious fellow cruisers ... 

Regarding today's announcement requiring a negative Covid or antigen test, along with revised onboard mask requirements, are you planning to:

A.  Proceed with your cruise

B.  Cancel your cruise

C.  Undecided at this point

Thank you for your input.  We are undecided, and frankly struggling with this.

• Like 1

Undecided, but Dear Dad wants to go and we're in full lockdown at home now until we go for the covid test, assuming we can find an appointment.  Still hoping for testing at the pier.  It might happen, you never know.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 2

The masks I hate, because they give me teenage acne.  But going nonetheless because it's my belief this is going to be how things are for a long time to come.

I'm hoping the mask will be less irritating in a cooler climate. The testing is a blip on the screen.  Annoying, but probably necessary.  

Btw, @julia, we used to spend summers in McCall.  Eagle is a very lovely community.   Skip and a hop to Seattle.

• Like 4

Our Mid Sept Alaska cruise - We be going...Assuming of course that the ship actually pull off the dock.

Will probably not pend quite as much time roaming the halls at night looking for music venues. And am going to consider/cogitate on the excursions - at least one the open boat ones. 

We have an early December Panama Canal cruise - will...Probably...still go. Given the state of several countries/port the ship was going to stop in - we had already decided we would probably not be getting off the ship at the ports anyway. For that cruise we had already decided to just stay on the ship during both directions of the Panama Colon locks.

There is a good reason we got Balcony cabin - this was one of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, julia said:

Just curious fellow cruisers ... 

Regarding today's announcement requiring a negative Covid or antigen test, along with revised onboard mask requirements, are you planning to:

A.  Proceed with your cruise

B.  Cancel your cruise

C.  Undecided at this point

Thank you for your input.  We are undecided, and frankly struggling with this.

Still going to Alaska on the 14th. If I had to hold my breath for 7 days and wrap my head with saran wrap nothing is keeping me off of that ship. It has been far too long. We live locally and can get a test from our primary care provider so that is no issue. As far as masks we have been wearing them basically everywhere for the last year here. Only started going back to restaurants and what not in the last couple months and have had to wear  them except when eating so we are used to them. If anything I will feel safer onboard with masks, and all of this will probably result in a somewhat lower occupancy. There will still be the same great shows, the same activities and the same food which I do not have to cook. 

Am currently booked for Pacific Coastal in October with a final payment due next week that I am leaning towards canceling but that is in large part due to a work conflict combined with where I think things will be with delta and delta plus variant 2 months from now rather than a mask or testing requirement. Additionally we leave out of San Diego so traveling and pre-testing is more of a burden than it will be leaving out of Seattle. 

• Like 6

I'm not bothered by the masks. It's only a two-oz device. I'm okay with the tests. Hoping that I don't get a false positive. 🙄

What is daunting is the speed at which covid19 is evolving. I'm prepared to cancel before FP if the situation looks 'complicated'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going.  Really looking forward to Rotterdam’s first US sailing from Ft. Lauderdale 11/03 if all goes well.

And have high hopes that ships are still sailing for our 17-day RT Hawaii cruise from San Diego in January when we’ll be with old friends and finally celebrate our 40th anniversary two years late.

There are numerous testing options where we live, so we are fortunate. My masks make my glasses fog up but I’ll figure it out.

• Like 4

Also going - Dec 1 Rotterdam.  However, really hoping the unvaxed stop creating this problem and get us back on the right track (by getting their vaccines) so the testing & masks aren't in place by then.  We've got a Retreat cabana, and I could care less about the ports, so my mask time would be fairly limited.  Won't like it, but I'll do if required (not if "encouraged" or "recommended").

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Boytjie said:

We are flying to Seattle on the 10th for the August 14th cruise. 

Still a go. Just need to figure out when and where to get tested. It seems you can't do it more than a day or two ahead of time.

I hear that cruise might be canceled..