Crown And Anchor drink vouchers

55 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hang out with tee totalling LMP's

John, I like your way of thinking. 🍻 With these suggestions, I may not even have to open the RC gifted wine in our cabin. 🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 10:37 AM, ILCTCRUISER said:

Hi Carol!  I believe I could find it in lounges on those ships we've sailed.  In DL/CL, never.  Now there were a couple of times, and those times were cruises on Radiance class ships (in current CL as well as when current CL was the DL, with the bar), when the barkeep would go off and return with a glass of SoCo which he'd keep stored out of sight.  Hope all's well with you.  Have you resumed cruising yet?

No.  I'm on Bubbe Duty until April.  🙂 

I understand the enthusiasm for the convenience of using the vouchers when you want but I cant help thinking there is a bit of opportunism here from Royal.

What was once an open ended cost from operating an open bar has now been managed and I fear its the end of the Diamond lounge. Very few people seem to be reporting that they will be using the Lounge now.

I'd like to be happy about being able to use my vouchers when I want but I will miss the happy hour atmosphere and I do genuinely fear that now the changes have happened and been so readily accepted that the days of the physical lounge are numbered.

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Tin can

I look at it this way.

Instead of buying the drink package at over $100 (could easily be $140-150) per day (for 2 people with grats) and trying to make sure to drink 5 - 6 drinks per day, we get 4 free per day, and if I have to buy 2 drinks for each of us, that is only about $48 plus grats per day.

Only thing that hurts is the lack of free bottles of water.  But I am fine with tap water, just have to bring reusable bottles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tin can said:

I understand the enthusiasm for the convenience of using the vouchers when you want but I cant help thinking there is a bit of opportunism here from Royal.

What was once an open ended cost from operating an open bar has now been managed and I fear its the end of the Diamond lounge. Very few people seem to be reporting that they will be using the Lounge now.

I'd like to be happy about being able to use my vouchers when I want but I will miss the happy hour atmosphere and I do genuinely fear that now the changes have happened and been so readily accepted that the days of the physical lounge are numbered.

Hope I'm wrong.

Plenty of people will still use the lounge. It just won't be to guzzle as many drinks as possible in 3 hrs. If people are truly there to meet other like minded folks then why would they not still show up?🤔 My understanding is the lounge is being run just as before only without unlimited drinks.

• Like 3

We got off the Odyssey yesterday. The Diamond Lounge was great; the concierge and servers took really good care of us. It was typically very busy when the happy hour started, we loved that we could go to another bar to have a drink with a voucher and wait until about 6:00 to go to the lounge because many people would leave for dinner. Even with the reduced capacity to allow for distancing, we had a great time talking to others.

We loved the flexibility of the vouchers for location and choice of drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tin can said:

Hope I'm wrong.

We will still use it. We never had more than a couple of drinks anyway and we enjoy the atmosphere.  To have the same, sort of, benefit as before just use your vouchers during that time and get 4, 5, or 6 drinks.  That’s still more than one per hour if you were to stay the whole time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Once cruising gets back to steady state, I hope they revert back to the way it was, and maybe leaving the 3 drinks on the card to be used anytime during the day.  My 2 cents.

I think the new system is much better and I wouldn't want to go back to cramming upteen crappy cheap drinks within a 3 1/2 hour window.  I'll gladly take 4 of anything, anytime for less than $13.  Just my two cents.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Once cruising gets back to steady state, I hope they revert back to the way it was, and maybe leaving the 3 drinks on the card to be used anytime during the day.  My 2 cents.

They released a C&A update memo last week, in it they stated the voucher system would be permanent 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Which bar menu do they give you in the Diamond Lounge - I assume it will be whichever is the nearest bar from which the server can get drinks. I will continue to have a drink or two in DL unless the DL is buried in the bowels of the ship like Symphony.

Oasis and Harmony as well

7 hours ago, SRF said:

I look at it this way.

Instead of buying the drink package at over $100 (could easily be $140-150) per day (for 2 people with grats) and trying to make sure to drink 5 - 6 drinks per day, we get 4 free per day, and if I have to buy 2 drinks for each of us, that is only about $48 plus grats per day.

Only thing that hurts is the lack of free bottles of water.  But I am fine with tap water, just have to bring reusable bottles.

I totally agree.  It's been 7 years since I sailed RCI so I just learned of this.  I rarely even drink 5 drinks a day, and my wife drinks even less, so we'll never meet 10 drinks combined.  This is basically a free drinks package for us.  Color me happy.  🙂

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

I totally agree.  It's been 7 years since I sailed RCI so I just learned of this.  I rarely even drink 5 drinks a day, and my wife drinks even less, so we'll never meet 10 drinks combined.  This is basically a free drinks package for us.  Color me happy.  🙂

My new friends. 😉🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Plenty of people will still use the lounge. It just won't be to guzzle as many drinks as possible in 3 hrs. If people are truly there to meet other like minded folks then why would they not still show up?🤔 My understanding is the lounge is being run just as before only without unlimited drinks.

We go for the snacks :classic_wink:

• Like 1

This may have been answered or even in the fine print but I have not been able to locate it. Do vouchers roll over day to day or is it a use or lose it situation? We are sailing Sept 17-Ovation to Alaska. Probably won’t be a ton of pina coladas at the pool but I am sure we can get into something.

3 minutes ago, TX-Cruiser said:

This may have been answered or even in the fine print but I have not been able to locate it. Do vouchers roll over day to day or is it a use or lose it situation? We are sailing Sept 17-Ovation to Alaska. Probably won’t be a ton of pina coladas at the pool but I am sure we can get into something.

Use it or lose it