Current Diamond Plus Onboard Discounts

mzlisap

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You need a voucher now. You can still tip

We're talking about vouchers, but in essence they are not vouchers but info loaded (eg. # of drinks) on your SeaPass.  The day of the paper vouchers went bu way of the Dodo.😄

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, megr1125 said:

So if you order the crappy drinks in the DL OR a good drink in the DL, you have to use your vouchers?  If so, then it's not worth going to the  D lounge for the usual boring selection of cocktails.

I think that's the plan they had in mind....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, megr1125 said:

So if you order the crappy drinks in the DL OR a good drink in the DL, you have to use your vouchers?  If so, then it's not worth going to the  D lounge for the usual boring selection of cocktails.

There are no more boring selections - the DL drink menu is gone. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Is this ship dependent?  The last time we sailed Oasis in a suite w

e had free beer, wine, soda, and well drinks in the Suite Lounge from 1100 am onward. 

Never seen cocktail comped other than Happy Hour on any Oasis ship

5 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I have the following but cannot remember when I last used them to know of they are still current:

diamondplus@rccl.com tel: 0800 240 4261

crownanchor.uk@rccl.com tel: 0844 493 4005 & 0844 493 5010 & 01733 865434

I don't know if the last one above is a typo as for the US I have

crownandanchor@rccl.com

Regards,

Cublet

The Diamond Plus number is still current   0800 240 4261. I phoned a few weeks ago and the call was answered almost immediately, but calling today the wait was an hour and forty minutes. Worth it though to get a further substantial obc following a price drop.  

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

There are no more boring selections - the DL drink menu is gone. 

Ahhh....

good to know.

Of course, on Apex a couple weeks ago, the bartenders at the martini bar had loose interpretations of the Captain's Club drink menu.  I didn't have the Always Included stuff since I booked the simply sail rate.  I drank several martinis each night.  My bar tab for a week was $35 bucks.  Paid for exactly 2 drinks.  😄 😄 😄  "Make me something of your choice" coupled with those pretty thank you notes on green paper paid off. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, icsys said:

Just wondering which one of the following is correct??

Whatever is on your SeaPass card. Proper editing and correctness of the in cabin letter may not be the most important job of the LA.

Edited by Biker19

On 8/24/2021 at 2:13 AM, Merion_Mom said:

D+ get 30% off the onboard price of the package.  But remember, as D+, you already have 5 free drinks on your SeaPass each day.  You would have to consider how many drinks ABOVE that you would purchase, to see whether the price of the package is "worth it" to you.

Totally worth the drink package for us.  Between water/soda/specialty coffees and drinks we would be over the 5 drinks before noon. Remember - about 5 drinks and coffee, soda, water and the package pays for itself.  We would never cruise without it.  Love the convenience and love being able to get what we want without worrying about getting charged.  Last cruise, my husband wanted an extra shot of Baileys for his drink. Server said " no problem, will do one on your package and one on your voucher".  Perfect.

1 minute ago, icsys said:

So some ships/sailings are more generous than others 

Unlikely, the only thing I know varies across the fleet somewhat is the D+ VOOM discount (the VOOM cost also varies on those ships). The rest of the discounts/perks should be the same. Now, if they are implemented the way it is  written (like only allowing the Specialty venue only on night 1 and 2), that may vary.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Unlikely, the only thing I know varies across the fleet somewhat is the D+ VOOM discount (the VOOM cost also varies on those ships). The rest of the discounts/perks should be the same. Now, if they are implemented the way it is  written (like only allowing the Specialty venue only on night 1 and 2), that may vary.

Plus not every ship has a Johnny Rockets, so you're not going to be offered a BOGO on milkshakes on those ships.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Plus not every ship has a Johnny Rockets, so you're not going to be offered a BOGO on milkshakes on those ships.

It doesn't say BOGO though. It says any two. I interpret that to mean you have two opportunities to get a drink at 50% off. I like that much better than a BOGO offer. Sometimes I want a drink when no one else does. I don't want one beer sitting around getting warm.

Of course, I could be interpreting it wrong and it is a BOGO worded poorly.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If pressed for a clarification, the LA will likely tell you that “throughout your sailing” just means that it’s not limited to any day but that it’s still only a one time perk. 

That's what I think too, but who knows for sure! I think I'll be talking to the LA when I get on board. I'm sailing solo, so I might or might not want both glasses of wine at the same time... or, maybe I will, prior to karaoke!

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It doesn't say BOGO though. It says any two. I interpret that to mean you have two opportunities to get a drink at 50% off. I like that much better than a BOGO offer. Sometimes I want a drink when no one else does. I don't want one beer sitting around getting warm.

Of course, I could be interpreting it wrong and it is a BOGO worded poorly.

Well, I was pointing out that one letter mentioned milkshakes and one didn't mention them.... if something isn't available on the ship, it's not going to be offered on the letter!  I wasn't getting into BOGO or 50% off at all.

Shall we discuss double points, while we're at it?  LOLOLOL