New Back2Back protocol

HicksRA

For those of us B2B'ers dreaming of a leisurely turn-around day: Pack up suitcase. Go to breakfast. Go do turn-around routine then off to enjoy specialty B2B lunch. We are now waking up to a nightmare of: Pack up and lug all your bags off the ship. Go to terminal and get Covid test. Wait until late to mid-afternoon with no lunch or relaxation until your check-in time to re-board with the masses hauling all of your luggage back onboard! GAAAHH! April Fools anyone??

5 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

For those of us B2B'ers dreaming of a leisurely turn-around day: Pack up suitcase. Go to breakfast. Go do turn-around routine then off to enjoy specialty B2B lunch. We are now waking up to a nightmare of: Pack up and lug all your bags off the ship. Go to terminal and get Covid test. Wait until late to mid-afternoon with no lunch or relaxation until your check-in time to re-board with the masses hauling all of your luggage back onboard! GAAAHH! April Fools anyone??

FWIW, they didn't indicate you would get a delayed boarding time

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was fairly late booking the 2nd leg of my B2B so I have a later than I would have chosen boarding time.  This is from the letter that went out   "will be welcomed back onboard during their check-in time". 

I take that to mean during previously scheduled check in time.  That would give me 3 or 4 hours to sweat or wander in the rain around Galveston until my check in time. Maybe I could pick up Covid during that time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Time to negotiate... I'm thinking  $100 OBC per cruise.

We have 7 b2b booked.

Oh, no. Some of us hate packing and unpacking more than you do. It would take several hundred $$$ per cruise to get me to rinse and repeat packing like that. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, didn't indicate delayed boarding time. It says you will reboard at your original scheduled time. Boarding time is later because since we didn't expect to have to reboard, we did not worry about what time our "scheduled" boarding was. So even if we are done with the rigamarole, we have to cool our heels until we are allowed to come aboard at our "scheduled boarding time".

Edited by CruiszBug
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, bethco said:

I was fairly late booking the 2nd leg of my B2B so I have a later than I would have chosen boarding time.  This is from the letter that went out   "will be welcomed back onboard during their check-in time". 

I take that to mean during previously scheduled check in time.  That would give me 3 or 4 hours to sweat or wander in the rain around Galveston until my check in time. Maybe I could pick up Covid during that time!

I see your point. I just took 'their' to indicate the time allocated to B2B passengers. Much like the old system

My sister and I called C&A to voice our displeasure over the new B2B protocol, and the representative answering the call was unaware of this policy change. He put us on hold, found out it was indeed true, and said it was only for August and September sailings. What???

25 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Yep, didn't indicate delayed boarding time. It says you will reboard at your original scheduled time. Boarding time is later because since we didn't expect to have to reboard, we did not worry about what time our "scheduled" boarding was. So even if we are done with the rigamarole, we have to cool our heels until we are allowed to come aboard at our "scheduled boarding time".

See post #90

• Like 1

All I can do is laugh hysterically at this crap now!  It’s like when your day is so bad it’s like a sitcom or something.  We have a couple B2bs scheduled and worked hard to get the same cabin on both legs.  Just told my husband about this new guidance and he just smiled and shook his head.  It’s beyond ridiculous.  Hoping this gets fixed quickly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I just received an email response from Laly saying “It’s inaccurate and being corrected”. 
I guess the uproar is giving them second thoughts. 

Yup, just got my email from her:

Hi Sande,

It’s inaccurate and being corrected.

New email coming soon. 

All the best,
Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP, Guest Experience 
  • Like 3

This really stinks!  I was told

when I booked back to back to back to back to back we would

be covid tested onboard before the end of

each cruise and enjoy our day onboard. I completely understand that protocols are evolving but this makes no

sense at all.  I do use the laundry service on

the ship but I pack a lot for 5 weeks. I am thinking this

might be a sign that it’s time to cancel. As much as I was looking forward to these cruises I just can’t do it!  I am not packing up in sitting in the terminal 5 times!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sandycruzr said:

This really stinks!  I was told

when I booked back to back to back to back to back we would

be covid tested onboard before the end of

each cruise and enjoy our day onboard. I completely understand that protocols are evolving but this makes no

sense at all.  I do use the laundry service on

the ship but I pack a lot for 5 weeks. I am thinking this

might be a sign that it’s time to cancel. As much as I was looking forward to these cruises I just can’t do it!  I am not packing up in sitting in the terminal 5 times!

Read the post above yours.