The Daily for Monday October 04, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Do you still have a part 2 of the painful procedure that brought you relief or is this a substitute for that?  Prayers for a great outcome.

And Happy Birthday @JazzyV.

Roy

This is in addition to the next step of the nerve ablation.   The actual procedure didn't cause me any pain.  It was the position I had to be in and my right hip did not like that at all!   Since we did the ablation on the right side it isn't bothering me as much.  It doesn't wake me up at night.  When I do wake up I know it is there, but it isn't the sharp pain it was.  This is leading me to think it is nerve related and not structural.   X-rays came back and back up my expert opinion.  When I go in next week for part two I can have the doctor take a look at the new x-rays and give me his opinion.  The x-rays were a "rule out" step.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

We loved Rudy at breakfast in the PG!  Tell him Craig and Sharon say hi. Craig always had Earl Grey tea and waffles, extra whipped cream, and Sharon always had half orders. 😉

Enjoy!

We loved Rudi as well and also Putu.  They were a great team and I think we got to know most of the PG staff during the week we were on board.  

• Like 10

Just walked around to all main venues just to get some steps in. Here’s my tip of the day because this comes up often. After walking around the not even close to being a library section of the Crows Nest;  may I strongly recommend too bring your own reading material. Early in the cruise but I did not see any paperback exchange. Glad I loaded up my Kendal. Mainly some hard cover travel literature.

Still in fog and tooting.  Next event complimentary wine tasting.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, richwmn said:

Meal suggestion for today - New England clam chowder

Wine of the day - Framingham 2019 Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough) New Zealand

This is my idea of the perfect lunch, any day, any where but especially on a Dam ship.

• Like 18

Good morning, all! Neither DH or I golf. I love clam chowder, but he does not so I only ever have it at restaurants. We haven’t been to today’s port, and I’m enjoying the pictures. 
Today is the last sunny day before the rain sets in again. Tomorrow we head back to the mainland. Much winterizing is being done as the thermometer is dropping and we aren’t sure when we’ll be back on island.

Happy Monday, and may those on aBHB enjoy the fall weather!

E8E361FD-D628-463F-8EE6-507C0BA6C83F.thumb.jpeg.4cf68441df4400b5a8d98551cccaba9d.jpeg

• Like 20

6 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Starting the day with a conference call.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion.  I’m planning on having chicken for dinner tonight.

@Mr. Boston I hope you are enjoying PTown.  We haven’t been there this year but am planning on going one of these fall weekends.  The off season is my favorite.  I’d like a bowl of Napis Portuguese kale soup on a day like today.

I hope that everyone has a good day today.

Thanks, we love this time of year, crowds are gone but all the shops and restaurants are open.  Went to Napis on Saturday but didn’t have the soup, we really love that place.  We’ll probably have it at The Mayflower later this week. The one odd thing is that this fall there is a cycle of salt water mosquitoes that I’ve never experienced here before and boy are they hungry!

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

This is my idea of the perfect lunch, any day, any where but especially on a Dam ship.

Jane.....Wouldn't that be nice if they have clam chowder on the menu next week!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 8

46 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

All well with my sweet husband. Home trying to rest. The plumbers are back with jack hammers again! 

Excellent news about the surgery!  Sorry those jack hammers continue to disrupt the peace there.  You'd think they'd run out of cement by now!😲

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Thanks, we love this time of year, crowds are gone but all the shops and restaurants are open.  Went to Napis on Saturday but didn’t have the soup, we really love that place.  We’ll probably have it at The Mayflower later this week. The one odd thing is that this fall there is a cycle of salt water mosquitoes that I’ve never experienced here before and boy are they hungry!

We’ve enjoyed Napis over the years.  We had our wedding reception there.  Everyone enjoyed the food.  We also gave fudge from the Fudge Factory as gifts.  I’ve been wanting some of their chocolate peanut butter so it won’t be much longer until we visit.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

It isn’t really a rumor. Seth Wayne posted on FB that he will be on the Koningsdam test sailing embarking today for 6 days.  He asked what people were interested in seeing. Then he is going to stay onboard for our cruise which sails Sunday but he mentioned that he has to leave early to go to Europe. I’m guessing he will leave when we get to San Francisco. 

When the ship first left Seattle they invited the HAL PCCs and several other employees to go on a  test cruise. They didn't go anywhere except around Puget Sound but it was fun and it kind of gave everyone an idea of what a ship full of passengers would be like.  I imagine that a test cruise would be similar for our ship. However with Facebook down as will as several other venues, Seth will have a hard time getting answers to what people need to see. My clothes have all been tried on and are hanging in a certain order waiting to enter the suitcase. Somehow the clothes seem to have shrunk while they were hanging in the closet. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, lindaler said:

When the ship first left Seattle they invited the HAL PCCs and several other employees to go on a  test cruise. They didn't go anywhere except around Puget Sound but it was fun and it kind of gave everyone an idea of what a ship full of passengers would be like.  I imagine that a test cruise would be similar for our ship. However with Facebook down as will as several other venues, Seth will have a hard time getting answers to what people need to see. My clothes have all been tried on and are hanging in a certain order waiting to enter the suitcase. Somehow the clothes seem to have shrunk while they were hanging in the closet. 

Awhile back, RuthC posted something about her party clothes needing to come out to play from time to time.  She was so right!  Packing is unreal after so long.  Clothes are tight, crushed in the closet, rumpled, and worn out, even if they were never worn!

Let's get 'em out to play!  lol

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Haha!  Mine shrank in the closet, too.  I have tried to pack mainly clothes with elastic waistbands.  I said to heck with dressing up.  No one can tell who it is behind the mask, anyway!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Happy birthday, @JazzyV!   I’m happy for the other good news on the thread today, too, Tana improving, Sam partying, even if Camilla won’t open her eyes for us!  

Well, today is the day for us!  Heading off soon to have our COVID tests on our way to the airport.  Just hope the timing works.

Martha and Tony are on their way to the airport in Toronto and Jacqui, @kazu, J&J are already in Venice.  Jane writes that it is warm and they are sitting by the pool at their hotel.  She said the flight to Frankfurt was less than half full.  

Ann, have a safe trip after your negative test.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Haha!  Mine shrank in the closet, too.  I have tried to pack mainly clothes with elastic waistbands.  I said to heck with dressing up.  No one can tell who it is behind the mask, anyway!

You said it.  No extra stress needed right now.

• Like 9

@JazzyV Happy Birthday.

Greetings to all from a warm but wet Venezia.  We arrived a short time ago and are now in our hotel for tonight and tomorrow night before we board Eurodam.

The flight from Dublin  was about half full and it arrived into Treviso airport 20 minutes early!

Tomorrow  we will explore a bit of Mestre (where we are staying) and leave Venice until our disembarkation day.

Now as it is 11.10 pm CET, it is time for bed.

Goodnight!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.  It was a busy day with shrub trimming, mowing, and pulling weeds. I'm still fighting the invasive grass, either Johnson grass or crab grass, both of which are nearly impossible to get rid of.  I’m just trying to get them out of the planted grass, and I did get quite a bit pulled before spreading grass seed to fill in the bare places. 🤞 Hope the seeds sprout and help control the weeds.

Now, I'm relaxing outside enjoying the freshly mowed grass.

@mamaofami  Carol, it sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, glad everything went well for Allen today.  Sorry you are living with so much noise.

@VMax1700  Enjoy Venice and your cruise.

@dfish Debbie, hope there are no surprises when the doctor looks at the x-rays next week.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1