Should we boycott Princess until Medallion App works ?

kbt cruiser

I think many of the early problems were due to corrupt data, moving information that was entered via Personalizer to the App database. Along with initial problems that the App had. It seems current version of the App and new bookings have fewer problems. Though I cannot imagine what is happening to Cinegraphic. Still a terrible release of a flaky product.

Suggest downloading the update to the Medallion app.  When I used the Medallion earlier, it had a few issues but by playing with the app, I got it to work.  Then when doing my DW info a few days later, had issues could not overcome.  Did an update and then it worked good enough.  Agree that using the former way on the Princess website was better and quicker.

After thousands of complaints about the Medallion Class app Princess announced a few weeks ago that they were re-implementing their desk top computer check-in program again, after abandoning it. They said it was due to be available for use by the end of October/mid November. Someone on a previous Medallion Class app thread had posted the official announcement by Princess. We can hope.

Edited by Dave from Ont
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dave from Ont said:

Someone on a previous Medallion Class app thread had posted the official announcement by Princess. We can hope.

Do you remember which thread that was?  I would like to see that official announcement.

2 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Do you remember which thread that was?  I would like to see that official announcement.

Was it from the cc member who talked to Jan S on Alaska cruise?

I remember it being mentioned about then 

31 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I will look into it tomorrow. It may have been in the Medallion thread with 50pages or so. I'm sure someone if not me will come across it tomorrow.

Had a few issues at the beginning when trying to input DMW for our Alaska cruise figured it was too soon and just put it away for awhile.  Had no problem after they updated it and still got the times I wanted.

Credit card info worked fine for me but wanted me to delete it and add another one when trying to add my husband.  So I did and just reentered the same information and it was fine after that.

If the issue is not your phone just do what you can and let them take care of you at the pier.  

• Like 2

No issues for DW and I on our iPhones. We have taken a medallion cruise about a year and a half ago under the old system. Maybe that was why it was ok for us?  But we are traveling with Friends next year who are new to Princess and they had no issues doing theirs on their iPhones either. So looks like ymmv. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It looks like it's time to give MSC a try.

Be very careful about the old “out of the frying pan into the fire” thing. 

Last week we cancelled all of our 2022 msc cruises because of their blatant dishonesty. 

Caveat emptor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 5:43 PM, dog said:

Fortunately the App has worked for some. It is still causing many a lot of frustration. 
Princess has had a lot of time to get this working and offer another way to select dining times etc and they know this 

and yes changes are happening. We will be putting our vaccination proof in an APP shortly, so we might as well get use to these changes. 

But, the app doesn't work well for anyone.  At best, it is slow, cumbersome, and hard to navigate.

Yes, no one likes change, but if it works, and makes life easier, we can all adapt.  On paper, it is great, all helpful, good ideas.  In reality, it does not make life easier, it has a looong way to go.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Be very careful about the old “out of the frying pan into the fire” thing. 

Last week we cancelled all of our 2022 msc cruises because of their blatant dishonesty. 

Caveat emptor 

Please explain "dishonesty".

We have had one minor issue, San Diego International Airport was not an option, months ago.    All of our currently booked (9) show and allow input,   Still have 2 recently cancelled by Princess show.   
No problems on iPhone 11,  currently IOS 14.8.

6 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

E888ABDA-176E-4C87-821B-D6A1388B3E68.jpeg.c0c690102029d1ca51de38f32083c9d7.jpeg

Coming soon.    

4 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

But, the app doesn't work well for anyone.  At best, it is slow, cumbersome, and hard to navigate.

Yes, no one likes change, but if it works, and makes life easier, we can all adapt.  On paper, it is great, all helpful, good ideas.  In reality, it does not make life easier, it has a looong way to …….    

9 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I believe you are correct.  @HaveDogWillTravel

Sorry that was t something I posted about our meeting with Jan. One of our members was telling Jan about her horrible problems with the ap and Jan said she’d use her booking as a case study to find what was going on behind the scenes and fix them. 

During my support call with the Medallion team, the guy told me they were bringing back the web based options. He seemed very pleased by that, he more or less admitted it was just a crock of **** (as much as a Princess employee could).

The idea is great BTW

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Here's the work around , call Ocean Navigator

Princess CruisesI was able to give them all my information and get a boarding time. . I also need to bring my vaccination proof to the port at check in. I will use the medallion as the boarding pass to get inside to check in and then go get a regular card on board at guest services  No app needed. I used this phone number 844-525-0942

Great News Karen!

Your OceanMedallion order OCEAN-00000 for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass vacation has been received.

You requested to have your order shipped to your home. Your Medallion® devices and any products you ordered will be shipped 10 to 20 days before your Princess MedallionClass vacation. Please be sure to wear your Medallion® device to your port of embarkation to allow for an expedited, contactless arrival experience.

We will send a follow up email to notify you when your order is being shipped. Please note that taxes and fees are estimates and will be finalized at the time of shipment, when you will receive your transaction receipt.

Please save your order number for future reference. We hope you enjoy your fabulous MedallionClass vacation.

Hero Banner

If you have any questions or comments, please call 1-844-525-0942. This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.
Thank you,
Ocean Medallion Fulfillment, Ltd.
© 2021 Carnival Corporation
Privacy Statement Terms of Use

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Thanks 1

I am currently on Grand Princess. Have been onboard for five days. Anyone who is having issues with the app inputting any of your info, do not worry. At the port there a plenty of princess reps who will get your info and get you onto the ship quickly. Yes I know we all wish the app ran  flawlessly.  some of you have had issues inputting your info or trying to make reservations.  Anyone who is sailing in the next few months dont worry or stress out. The ships are not sailing at full capacity the port is not that crowded for embarkation . My cruise has 713 passengers. Once onboard the app has run flawlessly. I have not had one problem using the app. I have ordered food and drink, looked through journeyview which is the online patters, located my shipmates, used crew chat to talk with the creww. The wifi is very fast and reliable. Please do not stress out. Cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I am currently on Grand Princess. Have been onboard for five days. Anyone who is having issues with the app inputting any of your info, do not worry. At the port there a plenty of princess reps who will get your info and get you onto the ship quickly. Yes I know we all wish the app ran  flawlessly.  some of you have had issues inputting your info or trying to make reservations.  Anyone who is sailing in the next few months dont worry or stress out. The ships are not sailing at full capacity the port is not that crowded for embarkation . My cruise has 713 passengers. Once onboard the app has run flawlessly. I have not had one problem using the app. I have ordered food and drink, looked through journeyview which is the online patters, located my shipmates, used crew chat to talk with the creww. The wifi is very fast and reliable. Please do not stress out. Cheers 

Exactly what I needed to hear this morning. Thanks! 😊😊😊

Medallion worked fine on our last cruise on the Sky in Jan 2020. And it is working fine for our next two cruises in 2022.  I got on last night and updated various things with no problems.  I am sorry some are having problems but mine is working fine.  I use Android phones and tablets so cannot speak for Apple products.  Sometimes I think it is has to do with all the different hardware the software has to work with. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Jan said she’d use her booking as a case study to find what was going on behind the scenes and fix them. 

I'll bet anyone a dinner in the specialty restaurant of your choice that her account is setup perfectly and she has no problems at all.