Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

11 hours ago, bubbapk1 said:

As a side question, the eMed website says they are good for cruises originating from the US. What are folks doing for there Europe-originating cruises?

Can you please link to the specific page of their web site where you read this?  Because these tests are regularly used by Americans flying home to the U.S. They won’t ship the test kits to non-U.S. addresses, so for anyone with a U.S. address who wants to use these tests abroad, you need to set up your account and order them before you leave the U.S.  Also, Celebrity’s web site says nothing about not recognizing the results of this test for a cruise originating outside the U.S.

6 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Great question, especially since I have one in a few months that starts in Europe. 

First, it’s not clear that you can’t use these tests for such cruises. (See my comment above.). In any event, most European countries are well ahead of the U.S. in making testing readily available. Get tested in your place of embarkation (if the testing requirement is still in place).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bubbapk1 said:

As a side question, the eMed website says they are good for cruises originating from the US. What are folks doing for there Europe-originating cruises?

I plan on using the eMed test for my European cruise. I will take the test before I fly to Spain. I have no reason to believe it won't be accepted by the cruise line.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, drakes2 said:

I'm going for my antigen test this morning at 11 am. Cruise is Friday and my check in time is noon. Is it 2 full days prior to cruise or 48 hours? Just want to be sure. I also need it to clear US customs at the airport in Canada tomorrow morning. 

Were you able to board using 48 hrs as the time?  We are looking at flying to Florida early on a Sunday for a Monday sail away and are planning to get our test done Saturday evening so that the total time would be less than 48 hrs.

13 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Can you please link to the specific page of their web site where you read this?  Because these tests are regularly used by Americans flying home to the U.S. They won’t ship the test kits to non-U.S. addresses, so for anyone with a U.S. address who wants to use these tests abroad, you need to set up your account and order them before you leave the U.S.  Also, Celebrity’s web site says nothing about not recognizing the results of this test for a cruise originating outside the U.S.

Certainly:

https://store.optum.com//shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

The statement is right below the beige box....

"This is accepted by airlines for passengers returning to the U.S. from a trip abroad or with cruise lines with ships originating from the U.S."

Edited by bubbapk1

1 hour ago, bubbapk1 said:

Certainly:

https://store.optum.com//shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

"This is accepted by airlines for passengers returning to the U.S. from a trip abroad or with cruise lines with ships originating from the U.S."

Thanks. It’s not exclusive language.  Unless a cruise line says it doesn’t accept these types of tests for embarkation outside the U.S., I don’t see the problem. 

1 hour ago, RickT said:

Were you able to board using 48 hrs as the time?  We are looking at flying to Florida early on a Sunday for a Monday sail away and are planning to get our test done Saturday evening so that the total time would be less than 48 hrs.

It is 2 days not 48 hours so even if you have a test taken on a Friday morning and board ship Sunday afternoon your good to go.  I just got off the Edge last Sunday had antigen test taken Friday afternoon and was on the ship by 11 30 on the Sunday. 

• Like 1

Hi, I've read through the email we rec'd from X today for our upcoming cruise and have read through the online info for the "Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services - 2 Pack for Celebrity Cruises," but I do not see any info that indicates whether the 2 pack can or cannot be used for two travelers.  Does anyone know proctoring for two people is included with the 2 pack?  Wasn't sure if it's meant for two people or if one of the kits is provided simply as a backup for a single traveler.  Thanks!

• Like 1

If anyone has had a test at Walgreens- do they only do drive thru testing? We will not have a car on us. We want a back up option for if all fails at LabDoctor in FtL

2 hours ago, Glitterati said:

If anyone has had a test at Walgreens- do they only do drive thru testing? We will not have a car on us. We want a back up option for if all fails at LabDoctor in FtL

Bring a home proctored test as a backup.

1 hour ago, Lisah101 said:

For the Optum COVID test by Celebrity, how long does it take to get delivered and how is it delivered?  there was a disclaimer about temperature sensitivity and now I'm curious.

Both times I ordered from Optum I was able to get the tests the day after I ordered them by FedEx.  YMMV, but most reports I've heard have said delivery was done within a week.

This post is very helpful - I just ordered through Celebrity the pack of two tests with the proctored appointment with representative.  I did not see this addressed, and wondering if anyone knows the answer-  The pack of 2 that is sold by Celebrity says something about it includes A telemedicine visit with a representative. I took the "A" meaning a single appointment.  If a couple needs testing, and we bought a set of two tests, will this include 2 appointments with the online person, or can we both do this at the same time?  I just don't want to do this "wrong" and have issues in FLL.

Thanks for any input if anyone knows for sure.  

I read some weeks ago about a lab on 17th St. Ft. Lauderdale, but have forgotten the exact address and name. I believe there was a $49 charge for the rapid antigen test. Maybe something like Lab Doc. Can anyone give me the correct information, please?

18 hours ago, ATLfuzzy said:

The pack of 2 that is sold by Celebrity says something about it includes A telemedicine visit with a representative. I took the "A" meaning a single appointment.  If a couple needs testing, and we bought a set of two tests, will this include 2 appointments with the online person, or can we both do this at the same time? 

First a minor correction .. Celebrity isn't selling test kits. They have a referral link on their site to Optum, who sells the kits.

Each test includes the proctor session. Each person should have their own account set up with the Navica app and do their tests separately.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 39august said:

I read some weeks ago about a lab on 17th St. Ft. Lauderdale, but have forgotten the exact address and name. I believe there was a $49 charge for the rapid antigen test. Maybe something like Lab Doc. Can anyone give me the correct information, please?

Lab Doctor – Ft. Lauderdale's most affordable blood testing center

This one?

15 minutes ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

Is a Rapid PCR test given by CVS considered to be an acceptable test?

Sure. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/pre-cruise-testing  

Accepted Tests for Guests Sailing from U.S. Ports including San Juan, Puerto Rico

Below are details about which tests are accepted to board the ship. The type of test you need for your cruise, as well as the testing window, can vary depending on your vaccination status. If you are unclear on test requirements for your cruise, visit our main COVID-19 testing FAQ to learn more.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.
  • Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests.

More on Abbott Brand Tests

We get a lot of questions about Abbott tests, the most commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s accepted.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. This includes the common Abbot ID NOW test administered by many pharmacies. The test provider must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test, which is taken at home and supervised by a telemedicine professional, is accepted. It must be taken under live video supervision. Learn more about our Abbott telehealth home test kit.
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test, if taken at home and not supervised by a telehealth representative, is NOT accepted.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

We have purchased the 6 pack of proctored tests from emed. Actually have done this twice. Both times, 4 people were using one of the 6 tests. Each person has to set up an individual account with Navica. Each person does the test separately, that is, each person will have to log in and do the test one at a time. 

It really is an easy process. Sometimes we have had trouble understanding the proctor, but the proctor was able to set up closed captions for us. I purchased a cheap tripod to hold my phone during the testing process. We needed two hands to open the package and prepare the kit in front of the proctor, and after swabbing, the phone had to be focused on the test for 15 minutes. Much easier if you don’t have to hold your phone/iPad, thus the tripod. 

The one negative is the tests expire, and may need to be used in 90 days or less. So you do not want to purchase them too far in advance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 9:26 AM, bubbapk1 said:

Certainly:

We used optum and they worked out great.  Did have to order the kits early and then within the timeframe we did the test with online proctoring by optum.  Got report within 1/2 hour via email.

9 minutes ago, Lucky Smash said:

Why not use CVS or Walgreen's? I believe the test is free. Results in minutes. Seems to me with the ease of getting an appointment now due to the decline in people wanting a test, this is the way to go. What am I missing?

CVS is what we will be using.....

Publicpersona, I know each person needs a separate test, but my husband is blind. I plan on ordering these tests as backups. Do I do mine ,sign out and then do his? Is that what you mean by separately? I am really not tech wise.  Will I need 2 separate results to show on my phone?