Favorite meal experience on a Celebrity cruise?

mfs2k

Which meal and location do you look forward to the most when you step onto your cruise ship?

The buffet breakfast? Room service eaten on your balcony? Blu dinner? Eden? A specialty restaurant? Lobster night in the main dining room? Luminae eggs in the morning? 

For me, my favorite is the upgraded steak dinner in the steakhouse. 

47 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Which meal and location do you look forward to the most when you step onto your cruise ship?

The buffet breakfast? Room service eaten on your balcony? Blu dinner? Eden? A specialty restaurant? Lobster night in the main dining room? Luminae eggs in the morning? 

For me, my favorite is the upgraded steak dinner in the steakhouse. 

Murano, goat cheese soufflé, chateaubriand for two and Grand Mariner soufflé for dessert.

• Like 5

We have two favourites…

Murano for the food and Tuscan for the location.

We usually book a suite with speciality dining included so book most meals between the two. We enjoyed the variety of having extra choices on Silhouette recently although Lawn Grill for us is probably a once per cruise experience….LPC much as we enjoyed the first time by the second the novelty had worn off and we probably will not do again. Lunchtime in the Porch we really enjoyed and will definitely do next cruise…

Then there is that first poolside burger with onions and a good ‘forage’ one or two lunchtimes in the buffet and then we love the really crispy fries which come with the standard room service menu.  Not to mention we really look forward to that ultimate platter at the Elite breakfast with a Bellini and then there is the burger in Luminae at lunchtime on boarding day….

Gosh, do you think we just cruise for the food?

• Like 3

Definitely Rooftop Garden Grill on Edge (most recently this past September)...and looking forward to Lawn Club Grill on Reflection in January.  I love a delicious steak while I am dining outdoors...and let's not forget the warm chocolate chip cookie served as dessert.

27 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

I know it's gone now but I really liked the Olympic Restaurant on the Millenium. Food was so good. 

Years ago we had our best meal ever at the Olympic.   I had Dover Sole and my wife steak Diane.  When it was all over they came by with a fabulous cheese cart.   

• Like 1

Love Murano, but looking forward to Eden this January.  But one of the best was a culinary tour we had with one of the chefs when we did the northern Baltic cruise and stopped in Estonia.  The chef took us ashore to a local food market and picked out fresh ingredients.  Then we got back to the ship and he prepared us a six course dinner of local favorites!  It was fantastic.  And as always looking forward to the chef’s table with the new menu from Chef Boulard.

• Like 1

My wife and I really missed our “must do” Murano experience on our recent Apex cruise, so I would say that the Murano’s is our favorite.  
We enjoyed every thing about the Apex cruise, we just missed the intimate Murano experience.  

• Like 1

This is a difficult question to answer.  I have enjoyed all my meals on Celebrity; I'm not too picky!  I love cruising and I can generally find something good to eat at all meals.  I would have to say that the buffet would be my least favorite.

• Like 1

With emphasis on meal " Experience " :

( We have only been on S class ships in the last xx years ).

Just too many " Experiences " to mention--- Murano, Tuscan , Lawn Club Grill , the Spa Cafe,  and the Asian specialty restaurant all excellent -- Never had a bad meal and service has always been exceptionally good. 

The MDR " Experience " is usually very good as well, plus, many choices to select from.

The only negative meal " Experience " is the behavior of some of the  people in the Oceanview Café . I've referred to it as the " Slugfest on 14 " several times. I'm sure we've all " Experienced " this. 

We loved dining in Blu and Luminai in the past.  In the MDR my mouth waters when I think of the Jerk Chicken - I order it every cruise and all the tables around us want to know what it is and regret they didn't try it (as for extra jerk sauce) - we book specialty restaurants around this dish!!  There is a spring lamb stew that pops up on the lunch menu occasionally that is fantastic...I never tire of the fresh blue cheese crumbles on my salads, the Indian food selection at the buffet is a great way to try new dishes as well.  Our favourite specialty would be Tuscan - does anyone remember when they started your meal by coming by with a massive charcuterie tray to pick from and a HUGE chunk of fresh parmesan to work on at your table?  I miss that.  

• Like 1

We have had very memorable experiences in Murano but our best experience was a Veuve Clicquot dinner in the private dining room of Fine Cut Steakhouse.   That dining room seemed much roomier than the private dining room in Murano used for special dinners.   

• Like 1

Any of the offerings in Murano, beef Wellington in the MD, and for breakfast in the Oceanview cafe... I like to take an english muffin with cream cheese, capers onions, tomato and salmon..and then have the poached egg server add an egg and hollandaise...  yum.... wonder if I can still do that with all the covid rules. Can't wait

My challenge... not to gain weight... or at least not too much

• Like 1

Murano and Dover Sole, absolutely.  Then there are the accompanying dishes like the soufflés.  We hadn’t sailed on an M class for a while and book Connie for our upcoming anniversary.  I was so excited about Dover Sole……then I found out all the great restaurants were taken off the M class.  Bummer and bad decision!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfiemom said:

Murano and Dover Sole, absolutely.  Then there are the accompanying dishes like the soufflés.  We hadn’t sailed on an M class for a while and book Connie for our upcoming anniversary.  I was so excited about Dover Sole……then I found out all the great restaurants were taken off the M class.  Bummer and bad decision!

Murano also had a dark chocolate soufflé for dessert.

13 hours ago, CruiseRQA said:

Years ago we had our best meal ever at the Olympic.   I had Dover Sole and my wife steak Diane.  When it was all over they came by with a fabulous cheese cart.   

Interesting that was the worst service we had on Celebrity, can’t speak to the menu because after 75 minutes we had 1 glass of wine, the starter and sat waiting for the fishes to be cleared or wine to be refilled or the main course. no e of those happened and at least 4 tables walked out.