Deck 6 or 8 ocean balcony on symphony

stipmom

I can't speak for balconies but Deck 8 is the way to go.  We were on Symphony two weeks ago and the front of the ship.  We were 20' from the elevator and I was also concerned about the noise.  But we heard nothing!  When we opened the cabin door, we could hear muffled voices but the cabin must have great sound insulation.

The reason you want deck 8, it the following:

- The ways to get from the front to the back of the ship are the pool deck (16); Central Park (8); and the Promenade (5).

- Of these choices, the best is Central Park (deck 8).

If you are going from your deck 6 cabin, say on the front of the ship, to a destination at the aft of the ship, you either walk down the boring long hallway ... Or take elevator/stairs to decks 5, 8, or 16; cross to the aft; and then take the aft elevators to your destination.  But if you are staying on Deck 8, you save time with the ability to cross at Central Park and then take the aft elevators.

• Like 1

We love being on deck 8. Deck 8 spans the entire ship. We love walking back to our cabin through central park. In the morning, I take my RC coffee mugs to the Park cafe to get coffee in the morning. 

We have never been bothered by any noise.

Definitely deck 8.  I took a small tray with me and in the morning I would go through Central Park to the Cafe and collect breakfast for two and carry it back to the cabin.  We were only a couple of cabins in from the elevators....great location and didn't hear a thing.

• Like 1

This topic helped me so much. I usually book the lowest deck on any ship with balcony cabins facing the ocean. Like being as close to the ocean as possible. Booked Allure the other day on deck 6 for April like we had on the Harmony a couple of years ago. Called today to change to deck 8 on Allure forward as I love walking through Central Park.

Think it cost me about $60 extra total as prices went a little higher in a week or two. Makes so much sense to want to walk through Central Park to your cabin. Indoor venues are not my thing as I love the smaller ships without 'indoor malls' which deck 6 would of been closer to.

Edited by coaster