The Daily for Saturday December 04, 2021

richwmn

Today is Santa's' List Day, Wear Brown Shoes Day, and Wildlife Conservation Day

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meal suggestion for today - Cheesy Beef Empanadas

Drink of the Day - Lemon Drop

Wine of the day - Louis Latour 2018 Marsannay Burgundy

Destination of the Day - Korcula Croatia

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Caribbean
Eurodam Destination Port Everglades, F eta 12/15

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Destination San Diego CA US eta 12/5

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
Nieuw Statendam 08:00 - 15:00

Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles
Rotterdam 08:00 - 16:00

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US
Nieuw Amsterdam 07:00 - 16:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Caribbean
Noordam Destination Great Stirrup Cay

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

La Paz MX
Westerdam Anchorage

Long Beach CA US
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

1204Caribbean.thumb.png.49f98c59816715b191c4fb864a48b2b7.png

1204Pacific.thumb.png.ba4898a77c3ab1852e4aa78c10846196.png

1204Europe.thumb.png.aa6b1cdc607e760cfe4f914bd2e96714.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  3 great days, especially Wildlife Conservation Day.  Inspiring quote by Emerson.  I think I'll pass on the meal and have never been to Croatia.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Seasick Sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments
NW and BC flooding, mudslides, and people trapped between closures with diminishing supplies
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice
SrLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma
Strength for smitty34877 and tana
summer slope awaiting biopsy results
From the rotation:
rafinmd undergoing radiation
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice
Cruisin Terri Autoimmune problem
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Hannukah through 12/6
5 BHB with passengers
Bon Voyage  Heartgrove Koningsdam and kb4863 Regal Princess to 12/9
Front Line Health Care Workers            
Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam to 12/12) , Lynanken & Lindaler (Rotterdam) and Cruisin Terri (Riviera to 12/13) at sea
Welcome home Overhead Fred
StLouisCruiser in Orlando with Ren
Diagnosis and treatment plan for Jose
highland cruiser in Vallarta
Maddie back home
Konibngsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Good Saturday morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.  Love the maps.🙂

Interesting days, I don't think I have any brown shoes.  🤨

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'd love a Lemon Drop on a BHB, but that will have to wait until next year.  Hope the wine is good.

We were supposed to stop in Korcula in 2020, but that cruise was cancelled.🙁  Maybe someday we'll get to visit there.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Good morning friends and thank-you for today’s report Rich.  I’ll finish Santa’s list today and wear brown shoes.  Wildlife conservation should be every day.  Great quote by Emerson but did you ever have one of those days that just isn’t?  The meal and the drink sound delicious.  Haven’t yet been to today’s port, can’t wait to see the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 22

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for the lists.

Wildlife conservation is getting more critical every year.

Pauline is organised and Santa's lists have been completed and sorted.

I often wear brown or tan shoes.

Very true quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Croatia is a lovely country.

We have been to Dubrovnik and Split and Korcula is like a mini Dubrovnik.

Prayers 🙏 said for everyone on our care list.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211204_122239.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Getting an early start today, Costco messaged me last night that my new glasses are ready for pick up, want to get there first thing to pick them up.

Covid tests were negative yesterday, so packing is on the list for today. looking forward to B2B on Allure starting Sunday. I do have a couple of "free" internet days on each cruise so will try to keep up with this group during the cruises. there is always so much going on!

One of my favorite drinks on Royal is a lemon drop, will toast everyone this evening when i have my first one. i will not, however, be wearing brown shoes!!

Mary

• Like 25

Good morning.    Santa's list was completed weeks ago.  Do not own brown shoes, only flip flops.  Wildlife should be protected everyday.  Great quote.  The meal sounds good.  Have not been to Croatia, looking forward to the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe everyone, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Lemon Drop:

Ingredients
2 ounces vodka
1/2 ounce triple sec
1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 ounce simple syrup
Garnish: sugar rim

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 7.42.48 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Luckily I have light brown Tevas, since I rarely wear closed toed shoes. And I certainly do not want to wear hiking boots. Wildlife conservation is huge in my area. I am surrounded by state parks, preserves, protected waters and turtle nests. But we still need to do more. 

The meal sounds good, and I bet I will love the drink. I am heading to the gym for a last minute Pilates class.  My favorite instructor was asked to sub at the last minute, and there was an open spot for me.😎

Then I will be getting the last of the stuff out for the tree decorating team, so that they can get right to work tomorrow! Then off to a friend’s for Panera Baja bowls and wine.

Prayers to all who need our support. Thinking of you Roy, Jacqui & Terry! Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

896BAA22-6450-432C-8CDB-D4C4CB2019E7.jpeg.b659f6b9cbdb050a896226eb65877608.jpeg

Louis Latour 2018 Marsannay Burgundy

All released vintages of this Pinot Noir share the same excellent ratings.And it is available from several online distributors with prices starting at $23.93.

Winemaker Notes

#93 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 of 2020

The 2018 Marsannay is sturdy and robust due to the rich iron-based soil. The wine has an intense bouquet of red fruit and a silky palate with a distinct gamey character and great tannic appeal.

Pair this wine alongside Roasted duck, lamb stew, or mature cheeses.

JS92 James Suckling

Beautiful fresh, bright fruit with cherry and ripe-strawberry character, as well as hints of spices. It’s medium-to full-bodied with firm, silky tannins and a pretty finish.

WE91 Wine Enthusiast
The flinty promise of slight reduction is the first notion on the nose of this wine, followed by a bright, juicy red-cherry tone. The palate also has that appetizing flintiness surrounding ripe, almost fleshy cherry that sits around a core of freshness. Subtle, juicy tannins appear on the appealing finish.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone. I wear my hiking shoes when  the streets are slippery from the leaves.I will be in compliance as they are brown. We received  notice via a robo call last week that there are "numerous" coyotes  in the park adjacent to us.Fred and I are keeping an eye out on early morning  walks.

We gave not been to Croatia  and look forward to pictures.

I look forward  to the recipe as well.Tonight we are having everyone  here for baked ziti so dinner is decided.

My niece  sent me a cute picture of the smiling Camilla .She was babysitting  last week and the baby was so happy to have Grandma rescue her!

6324.jpeg

• Like 40

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. Thank you for another fine Daily.

Roy and Jose are lifted in prayer. Prayers out to all on our list. Please pray for our friend. He wants so much to pass. He's lived in pain for many months. 😞

Little Camilla is looking adorable!

I like lemon drop martinis but with Cointreau rather than triple sec. 

Conservation Day should be every day. I do have a brown pair of slip ons that match 1 dress in my closet. All Santa's gifts are packed and shipped.

We are sitting for our little neighbor pup just for tonight. She's such a sweetheart. We would love to get a pup but the timing is not right for us now.

Wishing all of our fellow Daily-ites a fine sail away and cruise. 

Prayers, Cheers and Blessings!

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 23

7 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning everyone. I wear my hiking shoes when  the streets are slippery from the leaves.I will be in compliance as they are brown. We received  notice via a robo call last week that there are "numerous" coyotes  in the park adjacent to us.Fred and I are keeping an eye out on early morning  walks.

We gave not been to Croatia  and look forward to pictures.

I look forward  to the recipe as well.Tonight we are having everyone  here for baked ziti so dinner is decided.

My niece  sent me a cute picture of the smiling Camilla .She was babysitting  last week and the baby was so happy to have Grandma rescue her!

6324.jpeg

She is just gorgeous!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.  

The world always looks brighter after a good night's sleep.  It is nice to know I don't have to go anywhere today if I don't want to.  YES!

I've had a lemon drop and they are good.  A little too sweet for regular consumption, but for an occasional treat they are ok.  The best one I had was at the Movenpick Hotel in Amsterdam.

Today's meal sounds really good to me.  It is a little on the carby side, but if I watched the rest of the meal, one or two would be ok.  

For the dough you can use a prepared pie dough.   https://food.theffeed.com/2020/01/16/cheesy-beef-empanadas/

55064111_CheesyBeefEmpanadas2.thumb.jpg.f570dfc2d36ccf5d5ecc664cae459624.jpg

Apparently, you can buy frozen empanada dough discs.  Who knew?   People who make them, probably.  https://www.thetastybiteblog.com/cheesy-beef-empanadas/

cheesy-beef-enchiladas-2-683x1024.thumb.jpg.9d1252d9e2afe8ad72ca1a07aa99133a.jpg

For all of you with air fryers, here is a version for you!  https://latinamommeals.com/air-fryer-cheesy-beef-empanada/

Air-Fryer-Empanada-9-of-20-683x1024.thumb.jpg.c2ad9e6f4b7e22d6b7a4fc60df53d871.jpg

Miss Camilla is looking beautiful.   What a bright start to the day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for daily report!  I noticed people were driving on 75. I recommend stopping at Ellis brothers at exit 109 on 75 - it is a good rest stop if you like pecans!  

I am glad Maddie found her way home!  Cats definitely have their own agendas!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Our lists need to be finalized so maybe we'll get  that done tonight. Wildlife conservation is so important...I'm sitting on my porch listening to the squirrels and chipmunks rustle in the leaves while I drink my coffee and read the Daily. 

My slippers are brown, but I will be putting my sneakers on in a couple of hours, which are not brown, to go help with the children's Christmas party.

The meal sounds good and I love the quote.

DH has done what he can to the deck for now. That project will continue after we return home depending on the weather. So, this morning he will finish the shower floor and curb so he can grout tomorrow. He will drop me at the clubhouse then go pick up the coffee and cider for the party, drop that off at the clubhouse and return home to watch football with his DM. 

@cruzn singleI hope you are feeling better today.

@StLouisCruiserssorry about the loss last night. Good luck today. I remember those traveling soccer teams when my son played; much rougher than non-traveling teams.

Take care of yourselves and have a great day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 23

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and sunny day at the beach

Great collection of days.  I dont own any brown shoes, although I have a pair of brown sandals. Does that count? Like @summer slope I only wear flip flops, sandals for dress up.

Santas list is ready to go.

Have not been to todays port, looking forward to pictures. 

DH comes home tonite.  It will be so good to have him home again. He is worn out, so DS said he will come tomorrow and hang my outside lights.   Even though we have had a horrendous year and probably should not be even thinking of decorating, I find the lights of Christmas to be very peaceful. They give you hope that things will go on.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list and a very happy day for all those celebrating.

Stay safe and enjoy today.

Charlene

• Like 26

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, not sure where I could get some good ones locally.  I don’t think I’ve ever had the drink of the day but does appeal.  I may try it next week.  Last night I broke down and reserved a cabana for our stay at the private island.  I found the pricing reasonable for the four of us.  Now I have to add a few items to my suitcase.  
Today is also National Cookie Day. This I can celebrate!

image.thumb.png.1187b0189b10b89656ed73ab56b1e7e9.png

• Like 29

Good morning everyone. I have no brown shoes and probably never did. Looking at a boring winter in lockdown again. I have to find some good books and movies. I’ve been playing canasta and mahjongg on line. Both games can be played against the computer or you can find a live game and play with people from all over. I seem to only play with people from the states so it might be that the games are set up that way.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 22

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I've been trying to check things off Santa's list for a few days now.  I don't think I even own a pair of brown shoes - my clothing colours don't go well with brown.  Every day should be wildlife conservation day in my opinion.

I like the quote of the day; it's interesting because I've got an electronic note board (commonly called a Boogie Board) on the fridge where I wrote this note:  Every day is the best day!  I started this in 1998 after DH had his sextuple bypass, and that's been my mantra ever since.  

I think it's going to be a quiet day here on the "frozen tundra", nothing planned, so I'll get the mixer out and make a batch of whipped shortbread cookies.  If I'm still in the cooking mood, I might make a batch of Eat More bars as well, using rice krispies instead of peanuts.  

I had my booster shot on Wednesday and haven't felt a thing, yet a friend of mine had hers the day after and said her arm was so sore that she's barely slept the past 2 nights.  Does that mean my immune system is so poor that it won't even react, or is it so good that it fought everything off?  I'm going with the latter.  LOL

I'm not a fan of empanadas, there's just too much dough, so I'll give today's menu a pass.  After doing baking and kitchen things, I'm going to make an easy dinner tonight by taking out frozen turkey soup and dinner buns for our evening meal.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.   Extra prayers for those going through difficult times.   Clinking the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Be safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and stay well.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 26

11 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and sunny day at the beach

Great collection of days.  I dont own any brown shoes, although I have a pair of brown sandals. Does that count? Like @summer slope I only wear flip flops, sandals for dress up.

Santas list is ready to go.

Have not been to todays port, looking forward to pictures. 

DH comes home tonite.  It will be so good to have him home again. He is worn out, so DS said he will come tomorrow and hang my outside lights.   Even though we have had a horrendous year and probably should not be even thinking of decorating, I find the lights of Christmas to be very peaceful. They give you hope that things will go on.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list and a very happy day for all those celebrating.

Stay safe and enjoy today.

Charlene

Charlene, I believe your loved ones would want you to do what makes you happy including decorating. You are certainly due for some joy and peace, so put up your lights and enjoy.

(I hope we will be able to meet in a few weeks.)

• Like 20