The Daily for Thursday 12/23/2021

richwmn

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham, sending you prayers and good thoughts tomorrow when you have your Mohs surgery.  And when it's over with I know you will be so relieved and have an enjoyable Christmas with Pauline and your Sarah.  Check that worry off your list! 🎄

Thank you for your nice post Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 10

Good Morning from a cool but sunny day at the beach

Regifting Day? Jeez, my SIL would be proud. She did it all the time!  

Not sure yet what we will be eating today. Maybe takeout?

Have not been to todays port. Hope to see some pictures.

I spoke with my sister yesterday and she is doing OK. She is going today for blood tests and " an infusion". Hopefully all will be well. 

I got a new phone yesterday ( finally). I have a friend coming over this AM to set it up for me.  I am a little challenged in that

department!

@grapau27  Good Luck tomorrow with your procedure.  We will all be thinking of you.

Safe travels to @dfish and @StLouisCruisers  and everyone traveling.

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a cool but sunny day at the beach

Regifting Day? Jeez, my SIL would be proud. She did it all the time!  

Not sure yet what we will be eating today. Maybe takeout?

Have not been to todays port. Hope to see some pictures.

I spoke with my sister yesterday and she is doing OK. She is going today for blood tests and " an infusion". Hopefully all will be well. 

I got a new phone yesterday ( finally). I have a friend coming over this AM to set it up for me.  I am a little challenged in that

department!

@grapau27  Good Luck tomorrow with your procedure.  We will all be thinking of you.

Safe travels to @dfish and @StLouisCruisers  and everyone traveling.

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Many thanks Charlene.

Graham.

• Like 12

We made final payment yesterday for our Pacific Coast cruises in March and April!  It will be 35 months between when we stepped off Prinsendam in 2019 and we step on Koningsdam in 2022.  After 7 cancellations, we have fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that this one actually happens!!  🤞

It will be a very quiet Christmas at our house - we have seen most of our family in the last month or so.  There is, however, a turkey waiting to be baked.  Not only for the Christmas tradition, but also because DH makes wonderful curried turkey salad with the leftovers.  YUM!

Cheers for six ships a-sailing, and all those fortunate folks who are aboard!

Warm thoughts for all who are hurting or bittersweet from a recent loss.

Good luck, Graham, with your surgery, and cheers for when it is over.

Peace, health, and Merry Christmas to all the Daily family 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. It’s 32 degrees here and 39 In Orlando. That makes no sense.

Still waiting for a covid test result for my grandson. The other one tested negative.

My friend in hospice is getting a hospital bed today and he’s too weak to walk so it won’t be too long now. We have spent every New Years Eve with them for 55 years. Even in Florida we would zoom or talk before and after midnight. The other couple we did this with have died so this New Years Eve is going to be very sad.

I just got a letter from Emblem Health, our secondary carrier that they will be charging a co pay for almost every procedure and doctor visit.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 12
  • Thanks 12

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily @richwmn and all contributors. Cheers to all the cruising Dailyites.

I've heard of Festivus, but am probably the only person who's never seen a single episode of Seinfeld. Roots are important. I don't regift; I donate if I got something I couldn't use or didn't like.

Interesting quote.

I like the meal, pass on the martini, and I'll take the wine.

I haven't been to Morocco.

Quiet day here. Some present wrapping and tidying of the house. It will be just me here for Christmas and New Year's Day.

@kazu Praying for Jose, his medical team and you.

@Himself You remain in my prayers.

@Seasick Sailor I'm jealous! Prayers for Walker and his family.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes, and safe travels!

@grapau27 Prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow.

@Cruzin Terri Continued prayers for improvement. My uveitis is considered auto-immune, hence the immunosuppressants.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels tomorrow.

@cunnorl Hoping your Sister's blood tests are good.

Prayers for the Care List and a toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Morning all from sunny Charlottesville VA - very uneventful drive yesterday (though as usual, a TON of traffic through the northern VA suburbs of Washington DC area).  Lots of happy greetings from my daughter and her husband, but also my granddog Dean - he couldn't wait for his Grammy to take him on a walk!

Interesting quote for today.  Love the idea of a pizza meatloaf - I'll have to give that one a try another day as my daughter is cooking tonight.  Pinot Noir is growing on me, so will need to look for that one to try.

Today will be some last-minute shopping at the local grocer for final Christmas ingredients.  I'm doing the cooking this year (braised short ribs) and looking forward to it.  Today will also include lots of walks with the dog as it is a bright sunny day and should be fairly mild.  

@grapau27 hoping all goes well for you tomorrow.

@kazu sending continuous prayers for you and Jose

To all others with challenges, good thoughts headed your way.

Wishing all my Daily friends the best day possible today...

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Brr! A little bit of Jack Frost nipping at our door this morning!
For about ten years now we have not done gift exchange except grandchildren in our family and instead give to charities of our choices. Makes the Season much easier and in turn help others. As much as we travel and cruise that is a gift in itself!

Need a run to the grocery store for some last minute items but other than that we are pretty much ready for the Great Birthday Party. Turkey is thawing, Tourtiere pies are made, Grasshopper Pie is made etc. I believe all we have to do is bake a pumpkin and pecan pie.

Didn’t see Rich on Rotterdam sail away yesterday but thankful he continues his faithful posting of the Daily.

Safe travels for all of you having to travel and wishes that this precious time of year brings good health and joy to your lives.

• Like 25

14 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

We made final payment yesterday for our Pacific Coast cruises in March and April!  It will be 35 months between when we stepped off Prinsendam in 2019 and we step on Koningsdam in 2022.  After 7 cancellations, we have fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that this one actually happens!!  🤞

It will be a very quiet Christmas at our house - we have seen most of our family in the last month or so.  There is, however, a turkey waiting to be baked.  Not only for the Christmas tradition, but also because DH makes wonderful curried turkey salad with the leftovers.  YUM!

Cheers for six ships a-sailing, and all those fortunate folks who are aboard!

Warm thoughts for all who are hurting or bittersweet from a recent loss.

Good luck, Graham, with your surgery, and cheers for when it is over.

Peace, health, and Merry Christmas to all the Daily family 

8 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Morning all from sunny Charlottesville VA - very uneventful drive yesterday (though as usual, a TON of traffic through the northern VA suburbs of Washington DC area).  Lots of happy greetings from my daughter and her husband, but also my granddog Dean - he couldn't wait for his Grammy to take him on a walk!

Interesting quote for today.  Love the idea of a pizza meatloaf - I'll have to give that one a try another day as my daughter is cooking tonight.  Pinot Noir is growing on me, so will need to look for that one to try.

Today will be some last-minute shopping at the local grocer for final Christmas ingredients.  I'm doing the cooking this year (braised short ribs) and looking forward to it.  Today will also include lots of walks with the dog as it is a bright sunny day and should be fairly mild.  

@grapau27 hoping all goes well for you tomorrow.

@kazu sending continuous prayers for you and Jose

To all others with challenges, good thoughts headed your way.

Wishing all my Daily friends the best day possible today...

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily @richwmn and all contributors. Cheers to all the cruising Dailyites.

I've heard of Festivus, but am probably the only person who's never seen a single episode of Seinfeld. Roots are important. I don't regift; I donate if I got something I couldn't use or didn't like.

Interesting quote.

I like the meal, pass on the martini, and I'll take the wine.

I haven't been to Morocco.

Quiet day here. Some present wrapping and tidying of the house. It will be just me here for Christmas and New Year's Day.

@kazu Praying for Jose, his medical team and you.

@Himself You remain in my prayers.

@Seasick Sailor I'm jealous! Prayers for Walker and his family.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes, and safe travels!

@grapau27 Prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow.

@Cruzin Terri Continued prayers for improvement. My uveitis is considered auto-immune, hence the immunosuppressants.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels tomorrow.

@cunnorl Hoping your Sister's blood tests are good.

Prayers for the Care List and a toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you all so much for your good wishes for my BCC op tomorrow morning.

I very much appreciate everyone's best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

We visited Tangier Morocco on our April 2017 transatlantic on the Azamara Quest.

We did not book a ships excursion as we intended to walk around on our own.  We ended up taking a private walking tour with a local guide that was on the dock.  He charged us 40 euro’s for 4 hour tour and it was money well spent.  He had a driver take us to the top of the old city and then we spent the next 3 to 4 hours walking through the old part of Tangier and making our way back to the ship.  The guide who told us he was 62 grew up in Tangier.  We saw everything from the markets to the house where he was born and where he went to elementary school.  James Bond fans will be able to pick out the pictures from some of the scenes in the movie ”The Living Daylights”.

He took us to a couple of souvenir shops at our request and of course the best one belonged to one of his friends.  Barter is the name of the game and it is something I enjoy playing.  Now comes the interesting part of the souvenir shopping.  When we finally finished bartering my wife saw a leather purse she liked.  We then proceeded to add it to the total and then I realized we did not have enough cash to pay for everything and the tour guide.  I did not take a credit card with me when we left the ship.  The store owner said do not worry, give me what you can and then when you get back to the ship you can give the tour guide the rest of the money and he will bring it to me.

When we got back to the ship my wife said that she would stay with the guide while I went back on the ship to get to money.  The guide told her that she could go back on the ship with me while he waited.  Talk about being a trusting person as he had to stay outside the security gate and let me go back aboard the ship.  Needless to say it was a very interesting day and it was a very interesting port to visit.

P1010046.JPG

P1010050.JPG

P1010051.JPG

P1010052.JPG

P1010053.JPG

P1010055.JPG

P1010057.JPG

P1010058.JPG

P1010059.JPG

P1010063.JPG

P1010065.JPG

P1010066.JPG

P1010068.JPG

Edited by bdrcole
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 6

I just received a phone call from my cardiologist. The woman who did my echocardiogram has tested positive for Covid. Thankfully I was wearing a real N95 mask the whole time. She was not but she was less that 6 feet away from me. My daughter has the rapid tests and I will take one late Sunday. Prayers please that I don’t get it.

Carol

• Like 11
  • Thanks 12

@bdrcolethanks again for the huge variety of photos of your stop in Tangiers and the private tour you had with the local.  You got quite the in-depth tour and it looks like you enjoyed it.

@mamaofamiso sorry to hear of the positive Covid test for the technician but I'm hoping and praying the N95 mask worked for you.  Good luck with your rapid test and thank goodness your DD had one for you.🤞

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

I just received a phone call from my cardiologist. The woman who did my echocardiogram has tested positive for Covid. Thankfully I was wearing a real N95 mask the whole time. She was not but she was less that 6 feet away from me. My daughter has the rapid tests and I will take one late Sunday. Prayers please that I don’t get it.

Carol

Prayers 🙏 on there way to you Carol that your N95 mask did its job and you are negative for covid19.

Graham.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

Carol --

Cannot like this post.  Positive thoughts coming your way that you test negative on Sunday 🤗.

Kay

• Like 9