In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

2 minutes ago, dollyd said:

Parkerson are you on the terminal side of the ship? I would like to send you a wave from my balcony🤙

No, sorry. On the Starboard side.
My wife is on the 8th on that side but near the front. 

Most informative and well written thread on Cruise Critic on a very important subject for many people.  We are due to cruise on the Equinox on 3/4 and will now be armed with a good understanding of the risks and implications.  Parkerson, you are to be commended for an outstanding contribution to fellow cruisers! Good luck on your travels home.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Thank you so much for doing this live thread.  It has certainly been informative.  Safe travels home to Parkerson and dollyd.  Wishing you a quick recovery and hoping you check in after you are home.

Thank you so much and I wish everyone safe travels.

8 hours ago, Sandyrella said:

Wow!  Thanks for an entertaining Sunday night while in lockdown here in Quebec. 

I want to say that I am so thankful that your symptoms were not worse than then were.  I have no doubt that quarantine on a cruise ship was not fun at all but thank you for your very informative but positive posts.  It really was an eye-opener!  Wishing you the best of luck with your disembarkation tomorrow and your drive home. When you can do it safely, it sound like you and your wife need a BIG hug!

🤗🤗 Agree! You've performed a HUGE public service letting us into your covid stateroom with live reporting...and helping out co-isolated passengers.

Thanks so much to all of you on the Equinox who shared your experiences. My sister and I were due to sail on Jan. 9, but we decided yesterday (once I read your thread) to cancel. I hate to do that but think it’s the wisest decision. I hope all of you are able to kick this thing quickly and that your loved ones stay healthy. I can’t wait to board the Equinox when all of this is in the past. 

Agree with what others have said - kudos for a tremendous public service.  We are leaning towards cancelling our 2/14 Silhouette ABC islands sailing but will wait a bit and see what the next few weeks bring.  You have given us the FACTUAL first hand information (for a change) that will help us to better weigh the risks when the time comes.  Safe travels, heal fast & well.

• Like 2

My sincere thanks to Parkerson, Mojo65, dollyd and all the other Equinox passengers who have posted their experiences and answered so many questions about quarantine aboard the ship. 

Aside from the medical issues, our biggest concern has been how to get back across the border to our home in Toronto, Canada after the cruise.  We had been weighing the pros and cons of sailing on our Equinox B2Bs starting February 11th.  We were counting on Celebrity's commitment to  test us onboard, quarantine us in FLL if required and get us home afterwards.  It sounds as if Celebrity is being overwhelmed with providing these services and we might be fending for ourselves while being unwell.  This thread has tipped the scales.  As much as we love Celebrity, the Equinox and cruising, it is just not worth it right now.

Thanks again to all who posted and godspeed to all returning home. 

Elaine

PS  And thanks to Mary (Beba-Beba) for posting the link to this thread on the Feb 11 roll call. 

• Like 5

Big thanks for sharing for experience. As someone in the travel business and who was a little disappointed to watch Reflection sail away without us last night, you've definitely helped me tip the risk vs. reward scale. Waking up in my own bed on this 2° morning isn't so bad after all.  

• Like 3

To both @Parkerson and @dollyd , we all hope you are OK in a few days and have safe travels home.  I think your experience and reporting here caused a number of CC members to really think about the Omicron situation and possible consequences,  and many have canceled upcoming cruises.  Or will cancel.  You have done these folks a great service IMO.  For others you have opened their eyes and educated them on the risks of cruising right now at least through January.  It is their decision but it will at least be an educated one.  So much appreciated by all of us!😀

• Like 12

Thank you for starting this thread and sharing...hope you arrive home safely and in good health!  Same for all thread contributors.

Our cruise is Nov 2022...hope things improve. Would hate to be sick on board or required to  wear a mask...

Thank you @Parkerson, @Mojo65 and @dollyd and others for this very helpful information. I must say it's disappointing how Celebrity is handling these issues -- even if they are overwhelmed onboard, Corporate should be doing so much more.

I found the last letter extremely unhelpful -- what happened to the Cruise with Confidence assistance? Make your own hotel arrangements, drive yourself home, etc. and apply for reimbursement doesn't match up with their promises.

Wish you all safe travels and quick recoveries.

• Like 6

We are waiting to board the Connie today. We are going ahead but are discussing our options to get home at the end if one of us (3) gets sick. We had already planned to mask indoors, so that is not a problem.  This thread has been very informative. Safe travels to all and hope all feel better soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parkerson said:

31EBE12A-F2BB-4426-A456-6A6A63551C5E.jpeg

After reading this, I am more concerned than ever.  Their safe sailing website information says that if you test positive they will arrange private transportation home for you (not sure of exact wording but that's the main point).  Reading this, they say they "may be able" to assist you in that regard.  What?!?!  That implies they also may not be able to assist you!!  What kind of baloney is that!  Basically it means I would most likely be stuck trying to find a hotel that would take me, and then being stuck there in quarantine for who knows how long.  And while they apparently would reimburse for the hotel cost, what about meals, what about potentially higher air fare to fly home?  IMHO this does NOT track with what they are promising us!  Is it just me?  Does anyone else read this the same way??

• Like 10

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

After reading this, I am more concerned than ever.  Their safe sailing website information says that if you test positive they will arrange private transportation home for you (not sure of exact wording but that's the main point).  Reading this, they say they "may be able" to assist you in that regard.  What?!?!  That implies they also may not be able to assist you!!  What kind of baloney is that!  Basically it means I would most likely be stuck trying to find a hotel that would take me, and then being stuck there in quarantine for who knows how long.  And while they apparently would reimburse for the hotel cost, what about meals, what about potentially higher air fare to fly home?  IMHO this does NOT track with what they are promising us!  Is it just me?  Does anyone else read this the same way??

My guess is there are too many to deal with now, just a guess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, snowbird1 said:

My guess is there are too many to deal with now, just a guess.

Agree you may be right.  But that is poor management in the extreme.   What kind of plans are they if they only allow for a few cases onboard!  

Some are saying they hope the CDC doesn't read this thread.  Frankly, I'm hoping they do.  If the cruise lines can't handle what is happening they need to be shut down again for a couple of months until this peak passes.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

they do mention $100/pppd reimbursement for meals