Best Tour Of New Rotterdam I Have Seen

aliaschief

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Thanks. I’m on the Rotterdam in July. 🤞

Your welcome! We are looking forward to back to back cruises in Apr.- Mar.

Just a great video and especially how the host covered the dining venues. I got hungry!

Just had time to watch Part 3 and our host is taking us to Half Moon Cay. Good stuff.

Edited by aliaschief

2 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

That was great! I’ve been going on cruise ship withdrawal during this COVID nightmare and can’t wait to get back on my next cruise!

Your not the only one! In the meantime this was a teaser of what’s to come!🛳😁

18 hours ago, aliaschief said:

This link is from You Tube and is just an excellent tour of Rotterdam. This is Part 1 and there is a Part 2 that follows.

It’s a beautiful ship. Enjoy.

Thanks @aliaschief We were sitting next to Chris while he was filming the Rudi’s segment and, no, he doesn’t eat most of it. He did get to meet Rudi’s who was walking around the restaurant and had him sign one of the plates he bought. 

1 hour ago, Suslor said:

Thanks @aliaschief We were sitting next to Chris while he was filming the Rudi’s segment and, no, he doesn’t eat most of it. He did get to meet Rudi’s who was walking around the restaurant and had him sign one of the plates he bought. 

Just out of curiosity did he self record himself or did he a cameraman?  His You Tube vlog is loaded with different ships he has done.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, aliaschief said:

Just out of curiosity did he self record himself or did he a cameraman?  His You Tube vlog is loaded with different ships he has done.

@aliaschiefChris recorded them himself. Looked like he had done it many times before. 

We were on this sailing and loved the ship. His video was very professionally made and I liked the reminders of things I sometimes take for granted on HAL, such as the Dive In cooked to order burgers, and the beautiful explorations cafe lounge at the top with sea views. As he observed, many lines/ships have reconfigured that space on their newest ships for premium (suite) passengers’ use only.

Club Orange was wonderful, and handy for a pre-dinner cocktail at the excellent Half Moon Bar outside. I look forward to our next Rotterdam cruise!

@aliaschief Thanks for posting this Youtube video, it really is well done and I need to find the time to watch the second one.

But as a side note, did anyone else catch the commercial for Celebrity that plays  watching Youtube? I caught it twice. I was a stunned the music was "It's a Wonderful World" But it was not the Louis Amstrong version someone else sang it. My shock was that this song was always associated with Crystal Cruises. They would play this song at every sail away. Oddly Celebrity often would state they were Crystal Lite. I just think it was a bit too soon for Celebrity to jump in using Crystal's theme song. 

• 6 months later...

@aliaschief - I see you are on Rotterdam and I am booked on Rotterdam next Jun for the 14 night Norway cruise.  I recognized your name from the Azamara board and wanted to ask a couple questions about HAL since you have sailed on both.  We haven’t sailed HAL before (primarily Celebrity & AZ). Can you provide an info about AFT Neptune cabins on deck 5?  Currently booked in a Signature suite.  Is there a lot of motion - rough seas on the Norway cruise?  We have sailed aft cabins many time before and had a Owners suite on AZ and didn’t have any problems but I read a few comments about aft on the Pinnacle class has vibration issue?  

Thanks for any information insight you can provide.  

Kathy 

I am booked on the Rotterdam this coming March.  So looking forward to sailing again and these videos have me wishing it was March now!!!

I loved the Koningsdam so I can’t wait to sail the Rotterdam…….