2 points per night promotion, is it over?

alexgtp

Was this promotion only for cruises booked last year?

I sailed 2 times last year and received double point's for my balcony staterooms. 

Looking to book a few more for this year, but only see double point's offer for Jr suite's and up.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, TxStacey said:

Does anyone know the dates that the double points promotion was?  I cruise this weekend but I dont remember when I booked it.  Would the double points be reflected anywhere on my Royal account?

You had to book before Sept 30, 2021

19 minutes ago, TxStacey said:

Does anyone know the dates that the double points promotion was?  I cruise this weekend but I dont remember when I booked it.  Would the double points be reflected anywhere on my Royal account?

If you have a confirmation/invoice, you should be able to see the date when you booked it. If you had anything booked prior to Sept 30, 2021, then you will get the promotion if sailing before Dec 31 2022. I have an 8 night in May, and that is the only one that survived not being cancelled. It was the last leg of 5, so as a solo, I should get 32 points.

If you booked prior to Sept 30, make sure they give you the correct points. I did a B2B in Oct. and they gave me correct points on one, but not the other. 

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

Would I still get the double points if I booked a cruise last year for this year and the cruise was cancelled but they moved my reservation to another date and kept the same booking number?

Yes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

I thought the double points showed up in your C&A account on RCCL's web site, just like they always do after a cruise.  Am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong. Yes, it will show up in your C&A account on RCCL's website just like they always do after (about a week or so) a cruise. 

1 hour ago, pcur said:

I thought the double points showed up in your C&A account on RCCL's web site, just like they always do after a cruise.  Am I wrong?

I think that poster was asking if it showed in the booking somewhere BEFORE sailing.

• Like 5

Just in case people are confused from the dates in this thread, here is the exact info on Royal's website.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-is-the-double-points-offer#:~:text=The double points offer is,2021 to December 31%2C 2022.

Its for all bookings Through September 30th 2021, (Inclusive. If you booked on or after October 1st, no double points. If you booked on September 30th 2021 or before, double points) for sailings departing Jan 1st 2021 through Dec 31st 2022.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MichaelCMTX said:

Real happy to have booked a GS for 13 nights on that promotion.  That's nearly "one cruise from D to D+" territory.

Hopefully things get a little more sane and settled in the next 100 days, when we board.

Agree. In 10 months doing three different B4B of total 32-36 nites each inc a TA and PC, all SOLO and one in a Suite, now thats some points. More then I earned in my first 25yrs of Cruising. Best thing is some these Prices keep Falling, got another $480 reduction today

21 minutes ago, frosty52 said:

So if I booked a GS under this promo I would get 4x the normal points for that cruise (isn't it normally double points for a GS so under this promo it is double plus double)?

Yes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, frosty52 said:

COOL!  Thanks. 

Totally missed that promo information when booking.

Nice...7 nights, GS...14 points...with promo it's 28. (Even more for solo cruisers in a suite) Happy sailing!

4 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Nice...7 nights, GS...14 points...with promo it's 28. (Even more for solo cruisers in a suite) Happy sailing!

OK so now I am curious because I am a solo cruiser - how do those points calculate?  TIA

6 minutes ago, frosty52 said:

OK so now I am curious because I am a solo cruiser - how do those points calculate?  TIA

1 regular, 1 for a suite, 1 for solo, so a JS or higher normally is 3. For double, just double the pts, 3 x 7 for a suite solo. If doubled is 6 a day

Whatever you normally get if you booked before sept 30 last year, just double it.

If you booked a regular cabin solo, instead of 2 you get 4 pts a day. 

Too bad it's over. My grandeur is regular lol.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, frosty52 said:

Disclosure: we have never sailed as solo...so hoping someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Solo in a suite, gets 3 points...7 nights × 3 = 21...with promo 42.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

1 regular, 1 for a suite, 1 for solo, so a JS or higher normally is 3. For double, just double the pts, 3 x 7 for a suite solo. If doubled is 6 a day

Whatever you normally get if you booked before sept 30 last year, just double it.

If you booked a regular cabin solo, instead of 2 you get 4 pts a day. 

Too bad it's over. My grandeur is regular lol.

WOW!  I really lucked out on this promo.  My friends just told me what cruises to book but never mentioned the promo.  I have two solo cruises booked, though only one is a suite.

Thanks again for the information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frosty52 said:

WOW!  I really lucked out on this promo.  My friends just told me what cruises to book but never mentioned the promo.  I have two solo cruises booked, though only one is a suite.

Thanks again for the information.

Just as long as it was booked by last sept. 

• Like 1