Breakfast in Blu vs Elite breakfast in Tuscan?

fstuff1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

On S class it is a really nice way to start the day…lie in a bit longer, doesn’t close until 10 so no rush….Bellini or two, light breakfast leaving space for lunch and that wonderful wake view…

Cruising with my sister next week I am the only one with Elite status. She is a non drinker. Can I go to the Elite breakfast for a mimosa and then meet her for breakfast in the MDR? 

3 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Cruising with my sister next week I am the only one with Elite status. She is a non drinker. Can I go to the Elite breakfast for a mimosa and then meet her for breakfast in the MDR? 

If your sister is sharing a cabin with you she can also attend Elite breakfast and any other Elite events. Obviously she will not get the free evening drinks or laundry.

If she is not sharing a cabin with you politely ask the Captains Club host if she can join you. 

I seem to remember that you generally do not take drinks out of any Captains Club event, perhaps someone else can confirm….

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Let‘s be honest - if the “Elite” breakfast wouldn’t call on the vanities of people and a breakfast like that would be served elsewhere, people would complain about the lack of choice. 😉

Tried it once - not impressed 🤷🏻

MDR is better and BLU much much better.

There are some people that do not want a sit down breakfast every morning and just want to get a cup of coffee or a light plate.  Maybe to go.  Little to do with vanities or status IMO.  Yes you could get a light plate in the Oceanview but the Elite breakfast is nowhere near as crazy as the hoards in the buffet and you can social distance much easier.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

There are some people that do not want a sit down breakfast every morning and just want to get a cup of coffee or a light plate.  Maybe to go.  Little to do with vanities or status IMO.  Yes you could get a light plate in the Oceanview but the Elite breakfast is nowhere near as crazy as the hoards in the buffet and you can social distance much easier.

Agree…

To us cruising is all about variety. We will usually enjoy one or two Luminae full breakfasts, a couple of Elite breakfasts, a couple of in suite offerings…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

If your sister is sharing a cabin with you she can also attend Elite breakfast and any other Elite events. Obviously she will not get the free evening drinks or laundry.

If she is not sharing a cabin with you politely ask the Captains Club host if she can join you. 

I seem to remember that you generally do not take drinks out of any Captains Club event, perhaps someone else can confirm….

Thank you. We actually have separate cabins so I will ask if she can join.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you. We actually have separate cabins so I will ask if she can join.

She will not be able to unless she is in your cabin. Too many people ask for similar  favours . Then people talk and post so others expect it and it becomes an issue

6 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

She will not be able to unless she is in your cabin. Too many people ask for similar  favours . Then people talk and post so others expect it and it becomes an issue

@gold1953that makes sense. I'm an early riser she sleeps in a little so I can do the Elite breakfast then join her later. Our cabins are next to each other 

7 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Let‘s be honest - if the “Elite” breakfast wouldn’t call on the vanities of people

Only the " Elite " breakfast ??

Don't you mean every " Status " level everywhere on board ??

Take the Old F--t wearing his 1957 plaid jacket ( still fits, but tooo tight ) struttin down the isle to the front row in the theater 6 minutes after the start of the show ?  Now, That's " Status " !!

( I love when the comedian points him out and he doesn't have a clue his referring to Himself ). 

Holy Cow, Pinboy learned a lesson when we " graduated " ( means spent lots of $$$ ) to Elite only to find out 97 % on board were Elite or higher. 

I never thought a Free bag of laundry or one scoop of gelato was worth bragging about.

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

politely ask the Captains Club host:  for some reason I do not think drakes2 needs to be told to politely ask. 🤣 

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2022 at 12:12 PM, fstuff1 said:

I'm going in Aquaclass for the 1st time in April transatlantic on the Apex.

I read that Blu also offers breakfast.

I usually eat breakfast in Tuscan because Elite.

What's the differences between the 2 breakfasts?

how about you try both and then decide

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

politely ask the Captains Club host:  for some reason I do not think drakes2 needs to be told to politely ask. 🤣 

I am sure you are right…My apologies drake2 if my reply sounded insensitive. I was trying to suggest that in circumstances like this gentle requests are frequently heard….

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

@gold1953that makes sense. I'm an early riser she sleeps in a little so I can do the Elite breakfast then join her later. Our cabins are next to each other 

that works well. I don't understand sleeping late and missing the beautiful early morning.. many do it

• Like 1

I have only had breakfast once in Blu and once in Luminae.  Getting my own made to order breakfast(eggwhite scramble with veggies) when the OVC first opens, before the crowds, is the way I like it.  I am elite + and have never attended their breakfast.  We all have our ways of doing breakfast at home, one the ship and on the go; no one way is correct and sometimes changing it up is perfect too.  Now that you have so many options, you can do you!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

that works well. I don't understand sleeping late and missing the beautiful early morning.. many do it

Got to get up early and put your book and towels on your pool chairs.  Then show up at 11 am.

41 minutes ago, keesar said:

Got to get up early and put your book and towels on your pool chairs.  Then show up at 11 am.

I don't think you have to worry about chair hogging. Plenty of loungers available these days  even at noon. 

23 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I've never done the Elite breakfast so will give it a try next week on the Edge January 30. I did the simply sail so would live to have a mimosa. Do they also serve Bellinis? 

Yes they have Bellinis from what I remember but I don't drink.    They have a combo platter that has everything on it and one order is more than enough for the 2 of us.     Fruit, cheese and breakfast meats.  Yummy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe a little off topic since the question was about Blu.    If you happen to be traveling in a Suite they a nice little buffet in Retreat.   Greek Yogurt, Fruit, Meats, Sweet rolls and Croissants.   Fresh Squeezed OJ Tea and Coffee served by a waiter.

I'd like to post a "shout out" for breakfast in the Ocean View buffet.  We are Elite Plus, we've done every possible breakfast permutation over the years - Blu, Luminae, the MDR, the Elite breakfast offering, the Aqua Spa Cafe, any option available we've done it, and at the end of the day, our preference remains the Ocean View buffet - we can get a little bit of everything, love the variety and the ability to come in and set our own time schedule - in and out quickly or sit and relax.  I know that many prefer to be served, but we do enjoy the flexibility in the morning of the main buffet.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lexmiller said:

I'd like to post a "shout out" for breakfast in the Ocean View buffet.  

I am with you on that! I also like to choose what I like and sample - and then have breakfast outside on the back. Beautiful view, breeze… don’t need more 😁And especially on E class it is anything but hectic.

Once or so on a cruise we do breakfast in Blu but prefer to sit outside.

Eden Cafe on E class is another great place to do that. Very quiet - few people seem to know they serve breakfast.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, TeeRick said:

100% correct. I like peace in the morning and hated Oceanview at that time of day! Each to their own.

11 hours ago, lexmiller said:

I'd like to post a "shout out" for breakfast in the Ocean View buffet.  We are Elite Plus, we've done every possible breakfast permutation over the years - Blu, Luminae, the MDR, the Elite breakfast offering, the Aqua Spa Cafe, any option available we've done it, and at the end of the day, our preference remains the Ocean View buffet - we can get a little bit of everything, love the variety and the ability to come in and set our own time schedule - in and out quickly or sit and relax.  I know that many prefer to be served, but we do enjoy the flexibility in the morning of the main buffet.  

We love the buffet in the morning . We are early risers so get to enjoy the place. We do love breakfast in Blu though especially a seat at the window. so on the occassion of sailing Aqua  we eat there. Always pop in to the eilte breakfast near the end for a mid morning snack. Most cruises we are regular cabins so look forward to ordering our eggs and getting bits of many other offerings

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

We love the buffet in the morning . We are early risers so get to enjoy the place. We do love breakfast in Blu though especially a seat at the window. so on the occassion of sailing Aqua  we eat there. Always pop in to the eilte breakfast near the end for a mid morning snack. Most cruises we are regular cabins so look forward to ordering our eggs and getting bits of many other offerings

@gold1953on the edge next Sunday will be nice to get away from these minus temperatures

Was hoping to have meals at eden so we can be outdoors. Are the meals good there? First time on an E class ship for us. 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

@gold1953on the edge next Sunday will be nice to get away from these minus temperatures

Was hoping to have meals at eden so we can be outdoors. Are the meals good there? First time on an E class ship for us. 

Eden Cafe - not to he mistaken with Eden - offers a choice of small dishes. Some on the healthy side. But it’s nice to sit outside there. Since not many have “discovered” it, it’s very relaxed.

7E3CCC00-C298-45BD-9133-3DE96947A5BA.thumb.jpeg.3e8ed55265ba89483a4d14a94937c949.jpeg

F65F410F-1E08-4055-B521-3E29FAFB5C40.thumb.jpeg.fc4ba79a098d3e0e6ac3ffb8d32bc9e7.jpeg

653EF889-4DA2-49BB-855E-B141E804AD29.thumb.jpeg.8ea89e0c18bf36ae0d6a08d0cb21db03.jpeg

BB2C0F43-F674-4D5D-858D-234C83548776.thumb.jpeg.44c39b754c7eb429db661ec9c394954d.jpeg

4A5DF0EB-30CE-445B-8CDB-0E4EBD312D60.thumb.jpeg.8e7665fc013a2ea9c7ef4843200d61d2.jpeg

4E98C285-435D-4D9D-B620-69D428C095C7.thumb.jpeg.889590bb85a5abcbffc0e5ce460b3d5e.jpeg

That being said, the outside area of the Oceanview Cafe on E class is also very nice. The choice and quality is fabulous and - compared to other ships - it also seems more relaxed.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1