Is SIP and COVER the rule for Princess?

IJustWantToGo36

Is SIP and COVER the rule for Princess?

I am being told that on the ship there signs that do not change from sailing to sailing mandating SIP and COVER

The latest January 20, 2022 update on the website does not mention this.

My question is:   Is SIP and COVER the rule for Princess or the exception?

I was surprised by your statement that it is not mentioned...it definitely *was* at one point.  I don't know that this means it has been "repealed"...but I can't imagine that this would be the case.  Just my 2 cents worth!  Maybe just an oversight in editing the updates?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, skynight said:

Current advice is masks required at all times indoors and some other times. Complete text is in the FAQs. Imagine these protocols are very fluid. A sip & cover rule could be ship to ship depending on if covid is detected on board.

And by then it’s too late!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, awhcruiser said:

I think you are going to have to stay home and not cruise for a while based on this and the other thread you are actively posting in.

you are right.  If sip and COVER is the rule- I want to cancel with full refund.

I emailed Princess asking fir the rule if SIP and COVER is the standing policy.

Am I being fair?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I did not notice any signs last month on the Caribbean Princess, but they did make announcements before shows in the theater and activities in Club Fusion and the Explorers Lounge. When I met new friends for drinks in the Wheelhouse Bar or Skywalkers, people were not doing it. And in the dining rooms, people who wished to share a table with people not in their party could do so. 

3 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Isn't "Sip and Cover" only on voyages of 10 nights or more?

Not anymore, at least not the last couple/few weeks with increased spread. It's been reported on many "live froms" that are 7 days.

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Not anymore, at least not the last couple/few weeks with increased spread. It's been reported on many "live froms" that are 7 days.

It seems some practices are in place on ships that are not necessarily spelled out in the Princess Covid guidelines for US-based voyages, while a number of things they have kept original language on are not being followed (one example - as before Covid, guests can show up at the terminals and get checked-in at their convenience). 

ETA:   I would take what is on Princess.com as not necessarily the situation, and expect each ship will make clear what they expect.

Edited by Steelers36

AT THIS POINT IN TIME sip and cover is requested by Princess. Not sure how firm enforcement is. If uncomfortable with that guideline @IJustWantToGo36, then cancel cruise or rebook for a much MUCH later date. Many of us did not consider it onerous onboard but to each their own. 

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, jwattle said:

t (read your contract, you agreed to changes) or put off cruising for the foreseeable future.

Rant over...for now🥰

Thank you for your opinion, and I agree with you.

This thread is so perspective pax can make an informed decision as to whether to accept the contract.

Which is why I am gathering facts.

7 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

This thread is so perspective pax can make an informed decision as to whether to accept the contract.

The only facts needed are copied below (bold text is by Princess):

6. PUBLIC HEALTH AND COVID-19 PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES; UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS

1. ......
  2. The Carrier has adopted specific COVID-19 Guest Protocols with input from medical, science and public health experts and guidance from international, national, and regional health authorities, including CDC and local health agencies when the vessel is within that agency’s jurisdiction.  You acknowledge that these directives may change from time-to-time and that the Carrier’s COVID-19 Guest Protocols may therefore change.  YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO COMPLY NOT ONLY WITH THE COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS AS THEY ARE DESCRIBED HEREIN, BUT ALSO AS THEY ARE SET FORTH IN MATERIALS DISTRIBUTED BY CARRIER AND ON THE CARRIER’S WEBSITE , AT ALL TIMES INCLUDING PRE-EMBARKATION, WHILE ON BOARD, DURING PORT CALLS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS, AND/OR DURING FINAL DISEMBARKATION.  In case of any conflict between the COVID-19 Guest Protocols described herein or on the Carrier’s website, the website controls and Your agreement to abide by said website constitutes an integral part of this Passage Contract

More here. https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

So you're not booked yet? If you're booked, you've accepted the contract.😷🤭🥂

7 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

The only facts needed are copied below (bold text is by Princess):

In case of any conflict between the COVID-19 Guest Protocols described herein or on the Carrier’s website, the website controls and Your agreement to abide by said website constitutes an integral part of this Passage Contract

Thank you- this is a good fact

• Thanks 1