Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I was leary as well, but totally sold on it. 

I'll compare her to Harmony next week, but I'm pretty sure Odyssey may win. If we could only get her into PC

Looking forward to Wonder taking Harmony's place.  Though I will miss the crew in CK on Harmony.  😞 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure I follow you.  Jersey Boys is not a show on Odyssey.  

He was responding to a comment I made about entertainment on Anthem (because he did not particularly like entertainment on Odyssey). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Lots of other options down here as well, I'm just happy with the process at our Walgreens 

We have sites like those around here.  But Walgreens is a 5-10 minute drive.  Last time we tested (unfortunately it was for Serenade B2B this past January—-Cancelled about two hours after we arrived in Tampa for overnight) we walked back into the house and got results a few minutes later.

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Music Hall Pinnie lounge is definitely full...even early at 5 pm.  Got too loud and left for one of our favorite spots, Giovanni's wine bar.  🙂   And CK is getting packed up as well.  They released a few "social distance" tables to make room.  

I found it to be pretty dead on 2nd formal night, but we left at 5:30.

We went there after dinner one night and it got loud at 6:30. The orchestra was seting up for a 7pm performance and were warming up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea, we should have seen both cabins. Plus @ticketsunlimited had a GS across the elevator bank from us

I don't know if I would like the GS on this ship.  With that two access door plan...you lose a lot of space in the bathroom.  And there is only one.  😉 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mets07 said:

He was responding to a comment I made about entertainment on Anthem (because he did not particularly like entertainment on Odyssey). 

Technically Jersey Boys isn't on Anthem either.😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Music Hall Pinnie lounge is definitely full...even early at 5 pm.  Got too loud and left for one of our favorite spots, Giovanni's wine bar.  🙂   And CK is getting packed up as well.  They released a few "social distance" tables to make room.  

The dining table distancing has always be a SNAFU.   Like the CDC said block every other table even if they are 6’ or more apart.  SMH.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I found it to be pretty dead on 2nd formal night, but we left at 5:30.

We went there after dinner one night and it got loud at 6:30. The orchestra was seting up for a 7pm performance and were warming up

It's a different world on this 6 night.  81 Pinnies, 333 D+.   DL is totally crazy (I only use it for coffee) and every seat in the Pinnie lounge is taken by just after 5 pm.  The high volume level was from the raised "adult beverage induced" talking.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, island lady said:

It's a different world on this 6 night.  81 Pinnies, 333 D+.   DL is totally crazy (I only use it for coffee) and every seat in the Pinnie lounge is taken by just after 5 pm.  The high volume level was from the raised "adult beverage induced" talking.  😉 

I 'hear' you on that. Those Pinnacle Pods can get unbelievably noisy. 

Probably the reason we got the boot from the SL. Suite guests rarely congregate in huge numbers

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Lots of other options down here as well, I'm just happy with the process at our Walgreens 

Ours must not get as busy as down there.  Right now you can still get an appt for this afternoon if you wanted.  Lots for tomorrow thru Friday-  Have not tried them yet

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Technically Jersey Boys isn't on Anthem either.😉

😉

You are correct, however "Frankie and the Dreamers" really is excellent. We saw it on two recent Anthem cruises and Ryan Molloy in addition does the final cruise show.  He is both talented and funny. We were actually surprised he was on a cruise ship. Perhaps a covid-driven decision. 

There were several other shows we really enjoyed on Anthem which were more "ad hoc" where the singers from We Will Rock You (which we don't watch anymore) do solos and duets of a variety of songs .... more of a showcase. We enjoyed those shows more than the play. 

Edited by mets07
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Ours must not get as busy as down there.  Right now you can still get an appt for this afternoon if you wanted.  Lots for tomorrow thru Friday-  Have not tried them yet

I wish the pre cruise testing requirement would go away along with the mask requirement. Off my soapbox now. 

• Like 8

On 2/6/2022 at 11:28 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

If you gave them one card they would deduct 2 drinks, if you gave them both cards then each card would have one drink deducted

Did you have to specify that you want to use your benefit or do they just do it automatically once they read your card? 

On 2/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, John&LaLa said:

My Keurig has an espresso setting, and I have Bustelo. Even have some vanilla vodka, Frangelico, Godiva Liqueur, Creme de Cacao, and Creme de Banana.😉

I love science😁

Try Frangelico in your maple syrup when you have pancakes or French toast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

I wish the pre cruise testing requirement would go away along with the mask requirement. Off my soapbox now. 

I wish the testing would go away, I don’t have a car and I can’t see a Lyft driver being happy about me taking a Covid test. 

there are no indoor testing in my small town other than clinics who charge over 200.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I 'hear' you on that. Those Pinnacle Pods can get unbelievably noisy. 

Probably the reason we got the boot from the SL. Suite guests rarely congregate in huge numbers

We suite/non-pin people aren't loud.  That's because we talk in very hushed voices so that the Pins can't overhear all of the bad things that we are saying about them. 😉😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

4 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

We saw the Effectors again last night. It was even better the second time. 

We want to go back to Tap Factory.  Loved that one as well.  🙂 

Saw the virtual symphony concert last night.  Tech effects were so good, you could swear (almost anyway) it was live in front of you.  A lot cheaper than going to the real concert.  😄  Was hardly anyone in there.  But then again Effectors was going on at the same time.