The Daily for Wednesday 02/02/2022

richwmn

Today is Candlemas , Ground Hog Day, and World Ukulele Day

Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience; this is the ideal life.--Mark Twain

Meal Suggestion for today - cold sesame noodles with broccoli and kale
Drink of the Day - Merry Berry Buck
Wine of the Day - Ruggeri & C. 2020 Argeo Rosé (Prosecco) Veneto
Destination of the Day - Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Ships With Passengers

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Nieuw Statendam   07:00 - 16:00

Panama Canal

Eurodam   05:00 - 05:00

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera

Zuiderdam   07:00 - 16:00

San Diego, California

Koningsdam   07:00 - 17:00

St Thomas USVI

Rotterdam  

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Nieuw Amsterdam   Drifting off Freeport BS

At Sea Ionian Sea

Volendam   Destination Cadiz SP eta 2/8

Corfu GR

Zaandam  

Freeport BS

Noordam  

Limassol CY

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0202NAmerica.thumb.png.3a82cb198386f5e6756b9c9fdd9bf85d.png

0202Europe.thumb.png.2fa6185ea6a2b794aaf9d2f2001f2d6a.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 13

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I’ll wait for @dfish before deciding on today’s meal suggestion.  This week we start going back into the office at least one day a week.  I’m going in today.  Hopefully the warmer weather continues with the snow melt before the next storm hits.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.4bee92951dc00b0a8cf8c59e1de16869.png

• Like 26
  • Haha 18

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Groundhogs Day!  I'll pass on the Ukulele.

I like the quote.

I'm not sure about the meal suggestion, I'll wait until I see the recipe.  It sounds like it might be a good dinner for summer.

I'm sure the drink and wine are tasty.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.   Stay safe.

• Like 30

Just now, MISTER 67 said:

Good Morning all, 02-02 2022, if you're going to the race track today, bet on #2 in every race. I'm off to play golf in a few minutes, a few 2's on the course would be nice. 2, 12 and 22 are my lucky numbers as I was born on 2/12.

• Like 11

Good afternoon.

It is 52°C, cloudy and breezy but we had a nice walk along the beach promenade.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

We celebrated Candlemas in church last Sunday.

Happy groundhog Day.

Interesting quote.

I will miss the food and drink choice today.

We always sail from Southampton but Plymouth is more a naval port.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Take care and have a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 35

Good morning everyone.  It doesn’t look like the groundhog will see his shadow here this Candlemas.  I think it would be fun to learn to play the ukulele. I like Mark Twain’s quote today, keep it simple.  I think today’s meal suggestion sounds delicious for lunch.  I haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to the pictures.  Prayers for all on the list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events and thanks to the groundhogs who so selflessly came out of hibernation today to prognosticate and entertain us all!

• Like 32

Thank you for the Groundhog Day Daily, Rich.  I will salute Candlemas although I don't really celebrate it.  I enjoy a Ukulele in moderation and pray for a good Groundhog outcome.  I'm not generally fond of cold noodles.  Interesting take on conscience by Mark Twain.  I have not been to Plymouth.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, dealing with more than should be on anyone’s shoulders
Welfare of furloughed crews
3 Baltimore firefighters being laid to rest
Safety for those in the path of winter storms, especially Texas
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise
Vict0riann’s Cousin with ALS and DH with Alzheimers
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancerr chemo
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu cleared for hospital visits
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades
5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Carnival Group  hospital ships Nieuw Amsterdam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
Welcome home Queen of Da Nile
Cruising single at sea  (Zuiderdam to 2/13)
2 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
Bon Voyage Highland Cruiser (NS to
A new furbaby for Ancient Wanderer
StLouisCruisers DD back to work after surgery
1Angelcat finger healing well after fracture
luvteaching DH free from IV
Tana moved to rehab
Welcome Baby Oliver dfish great nephew
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Nieuw Statendam arriving:

ns0202.JPG.250f8c94a3302e8295683f9dfa5fc6da.JPG
Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! 

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy. Morning Dailyites! @kazu hope you and Jose had a wonderful visit. @smitty34877 wonderful that Tana is now in room with a view. Hope visits and therapy will help her. 

A typical day here. A bit chilly and cloudy this morning with promises of sun and warming temps. Heading off for a couple classes. 

Our animal series continues…

03785EE9-BB83-4027-8CF1-159553A1144B.jpeg.af7cd6a0c6331a0d017af03bf336a3cc.jpeg

E428FA2C-E53D-4A60-BCBE-5636756A4FAD.jpeg.9b7a63c0c564368117f458b21b2ecdbe.jpeg

1C2254E2-0490-49F5-8D62-4FBA9A0FCB2C.jpeg.340aa95bde865bfdde9ee4ef69a53a72.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Ruggeri & C. 2020 Argeo Ro
This sparkling Rosé sounds like one I would love to try. Love dry versions of this wine. Excellent ratings and a great price. Several online distributors with prices starting at $12.99.

Winemaker Notes

Argeo Prosecco Rosé has a soft pink color reminiscent of peach flowers with an abundant foam and lively, fine perlage. On the nose the typical aromatic notes of the Glera grapes are enriched with very delicate and fresh scents of brambly fruits such as red currants and raspberries. The bouquet of white flowers and berry fruits is enveloped by a very pleasant balsamic note of fresh rosemary leaves. On the palate every sip is bursting with life, with the freshness of flavor and full-bodied structure typical of Pinot Noir. The finish is long, elegant, complex, silky and harmonious, perfectly matching the aromas. Blend: 85% Glera, 15% Pinot Noir

WS90  Wine Spectator

Lightly spiced and aromatic, this well-balanced Prosecco rosé marries mouthwatering acidity and a fine, chalky bead with flavors of nectarine, blood orange sorbet, stone and ground ginger.
WE90 Wine Enthusiast

This light-hearted, savory sparkler has delicate, inviting aromas of green apple, red berry and tropical fruit. Dry and crisp, the delightful palate offers crushed pomegranate, pear and citrus alongside tangy acidity and a foaming mousse. Best Buys

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Happy Groundhog Day where in Nova Scotia, Shubenacadie Sam has already seen his shadow.  In addition to the several guitars and other musical instruments, we have 2 ukuleles in this house.  And I don't play any of them.  

We were up and at 'em early this morning; I was roused from a deep sleep hearing the sound of our sweet Sochi mewing in the hallway.  Normally she sleeps in the furnace room where it's warm, with food, water and her litter box, and we open her door around 8AM when DH gets up.  At 5:46 she was in the hallway outside our bedroom door in the pitch dark, calling us for breakfast.  Apparently DH didn't make sure the door was completely closed, so Sochi made her way out and decided it was breakfast time.   I'm thinking a nap will be on our agendas today.

Another reason for taking a nap is to snuggle down into a nice warm comforter or afghan in front of the fireplace, as it's darn cold out again.  Remember a couple of days ago when we were warmer than places in Georgia, etc?  Well, we're back in the deep freeze at 31C this morning (-24F), so we'll be dressing in layers even in the house.  Wind chills are in the mid -40's, causing the city to issue an extreme cold warning for everyone today.  

Today's menu suggestion sounds like something that would be nice on a hot summer's day, so definitely not for us today.  We'll be enjoying more of the stew I made yesterday along with buns that will be baked later this afternoon.  Stew, buns and a side salad will be what's on our table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  @kazuI hope you had a great visit with Jose yesterday, and that Marley will be well again soon.  Raising the glasses together to celebrate all who are on the happy list.  Stay well, wash your hands, be safe, wear your masks, get your boosters, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 40

6 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Phil just saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter 😱

Oh, No!  I am sooooo tired of this winter!   Even though I’ve been fairly lucky in my section of MD to not have much snow, I don’t like this bone chilling cold and the overcast skies.

The only bright spot is reading the Daily.  Thank you, Everyone, for your postings.  The Love and Support shown each day warms my heart.

• Like 37

27 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Phil just saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter 😱

Good morning.  We are expecting ice and then 3-6 more inches of snow from tonight through Friday morning.  Why did Phil have to see his shadow. 

• Like 24
  • Haha 2

Good morning.  Not a fan of any of today's days.  Will have to think about the quote.  Will pass on the meal, don't like much of anything cold.  Have not been to today's destination, looking forward to the photo's.

It's finally warming up today.  Happy the Florida "winter" is over".

Thank you everyone for your comments on cabins yesterday.  We've gone with a guarantee for the 36 day portion of the world cruise in 2024 with a wait list for an SS.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Merry Berry Buck:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
3/4 part Lemon Juice
1 1/2 parts Cranberry Juice
Top with Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
Garnish: Cranberries

Instructions
Combine Maker’s Mark® Bourbon, lemon juice, and cranberry juice in a tall glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer. Give a gentle stir to combine. Garnish with fresh cranberries.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.49.17 AM.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 8

Good morning everyone. 6 more weeks of winter and oh how I miss Florida. We’re supposed to get an ice storm this weekend.

Funny that I’m missing two pairs of gloves and I had them last week. I’ve checked my car and coat pockets and no where to be found. When I go to PT this am I’ll check there because it’s the only place I’ve been.

Stay safe out there,

Carol

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report.  And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

I feel so bad for the families of the two police officers killed at Bridgewater College yesterday. It is only 23 miles from us in a sleepy little town. Hard to believe something like that would occur there!

Warm spell arriving here for the next few days so maybe the snow will melt - to be replaced by some fresh! It is only February after all.

Stay safe, and be careful for those in the Midwest's snow storm.

- Jack

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

I feel so bad for the families of the two police officers killed at Bridgewater College yesterday. It is only 23 miles from us in a sleepy little town. Hard to believe something like that would occur there!

Terrible news.  Prayers for their families and friends.🙏

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Happy Groundhog Day! We will definitely not have 6 more weeks of winter here in the South. It will be warming up nicely soon.

Nice quote, not sure about the meal, and I still don’t like whiskey. The wine sounds very nice - might have to look for that next time I’m in a large town that sells wine. 

I’ve only been to Cheltenham and Heathrow airport, but would love to visit more of England. 

The celebration list is bigger than the care list! 🥳

• Like 31

Good morning .The good news us that it is 36 degrees already.The flip side of that is a rain,ice and snow storm starting later tonight into Friday.I forced myself to get groceries  yesterday before the crazies descended upon the store.It was the first time I found all needed items in about 3 months.

I agree with Dixie @summer slope ,not a fan of the days.I will withhold judgement on the food until I see the recipe.We have,however been to Plymouth on the Prinsendam. We were nearing the end of a fabulous  British Isles cruise and stumbled around the town.It was a beautiful  day and we had "cream tea" in a Cafe near the quay.

Terry

• Like 33