The Daily for Friday 02/18/2022

richwmn

2 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Today was Mens day, Ladies day is on Thursdays but once in awhile we have a mixed couples event. My wife doesn't play so I miss out on those.

oh good to know.

Speaking of mixed, I wish the PGA and LPGA would get together and have one tourney with both.

It is something different too.  I mean they have the tourney in Dec with players and one family member.

toodles

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Nice photo of sun

I never had the chance to sail on the Prinsendam but I bet you miss that ship as so have others.

RCI had a small ship called Empress and that ship was well loved too

I only sailed Empress once but loved it.  My current cruise uses a future cruse credit from a cancelled Empress sailing.

Roy

• Like 16

Just a quick k post from me.  I have done COVID interviews with the State and the county health departments.  Today I got my “Get out of COVID Jail FREE!” Letter from the county.  So tomorrow is my release date.  Thanks for well wishes and I am definitely off the cares list.

When I have more energy I can participate more fully.  Prayers and Congratulations to all!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Just a quick k post from me.  I have done COVID interviews with the State and the county health departments.  Today I got my “Get out of COVID Jail FREE!” Letter from the county.  So tomorrow is my release date.  Thanks for well wishes and I am definitely off the cares list.

When I have more energy I can participate more fully.  Prayers and Congratulations to all!

Awesome news.  Are you feeling better?

Roy

• Like 13

Good afternoon.  The house is clean, but I don't know how long that will last, and the towels are drying on the line.  Now, I can just take care of small jobs until I can't stand the dust again.  😄

Another interesting collection of days and I'll salute all of them, but especially,  Drink Wine Year (oops, Day), but then with this group, maybe, year is more appropriate.   Thanks to all who posted the wine memes. 

We have a box of batteries, some of which are for things we no longer have, but we always seem to running out of AAs and AAAs.  Caregivers are to be treasured, especially those who take care of loved ones.  My father was the primary caregiver when my mother was diagnosed with MS.  Since he worked full time and had to travel for business some, we also had a wonderful lady who was my mothers caregiver during the week and when my father traveled.  Mamie also took care of the house, cooked and had the dubious job of helping to raise me.  Then my wonderful stepmother was my father's primary caregiver and because of her care he lived longer than if they had not married.

We both enjoyed the Harry Potter movies, and I like today's quote.

DH may like today's meal, but I'll pass.  The drink sounds good, but I'll pass on the wine while DH might like it.

@kazu  From the sounds of your weather, I'm glad you are not venturing out on the roads.  Take it easy and relax with Marley.

@smitty34877  I hope Tana made it home safely with this storm, but wish the rehab hospital could have done more for her.  She, her son and all your wonderful family are in my thoughts.

@aliaschief  Happy to know the 2 year old was well enough so that the entire family could visit.  

@dfish  Good to know that most of the storm missed you.  Glad you and the plow company could come to an agreement.

@Cruzin Terri  Great that the shot worked and you are pain free.  Hope you had a safe trip home.

@ger_77  Gerry, thanks for the Olympic meme.

@grapau27  Graham, I glad you and Pauline had such a great get away.  Hope you made it home safely without too bumpy a flight.

@mamaofami  Carol, I hope Sam has an appointment with the surgeon to get the screws removed.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'll join the chorus and say don't worry about the lists.  Enjoy the cruise, relax and reenergize.

@AncientWanderer  Bon Voyage.  Enjoy the Koningsdam.

@Cruisercl  As I said earlier, caregivers are an important part of the health care system, especially with family members.

@USN59-79  Thank you for the information about Xiamen and Taiwan.  We did not realize when we were there in 2002 that we were so close to Taiwan, which we finally visited in 2018.

@4966and556  I'll add to what @kazu Jacqui said about the diet drinks.  They still had Coke products on the Koningsdam in December, and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

@cruzn single  Glad you will be released from "Covid  jail" tomorrow.  Take it easy until you have your strength back.

@Copper10-8  Thanks for the laughs today.

@JazzyV  I don't know what to say about the horror and brutality of what happened to the Uber driver.  My sympathies are with her family.  All I can think of is that some people are just born evil.

To everyone in the path of the storms whether in the US, Canada, or England, please stay home and stay safe.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  The house is clean, but I don't know how long that will last, and the towels are drying on the line.  Now, I can just take care of small jobs until I can't stand the dust again.  😄

Another interesting collection of days and I'll salute all of them, but especially,  Drink Wine Year (oops, Day), but then with this group, maybe, year is more appropriate.   Thanks to all who posted the wine memes. 

We have a box of batteries, some of which are for things we no longer have, but we always seem to running out of AAs and AAAs.  Caregivers are to be treasured, especially those who take care of loved ones.  My father was the primary caregiver when my mother was diagnosed with MS.  Since he worked full time and had to travel for business some, we also had a wonderful lady who was my mothers caregiver during the week and when my father traveled.  Mamie also took care of the house, cooked and had the dubious job of helping to raise me.  Then my wonderful stepmother was my father's primary caregiver and because of her care he lived longer than if they had not married.

We both enjoyed the Harry Potter movies, and I like today's quote.

DH may like today's meal, but I'll pass.  The drink sounds good, but I'll pass on the wine while DH might like it.

@kazu  From the sounds of your weather, I'm glad you are not venturing out on the roads.  Take it easy and relax with Marley.

@smitty34877  I hope Tana made it home safely with this storm, but wish the rehab hospital could have done more for her.  She, her son and all your wonderful family are in my thoughts.

@aliaschief  Happy to know the 2 year old was well enough so that the entire family could visit.  

@dfish  Good to know that most of the storm missed you.  Glad you and the plow company could come to an agreement.

@Cruzin Terri  Great that the shot worked and you are pain free.  Hope you had a safe trip home.

@ger_77  Gerry, thanks for the Olympic meme.

@grapau27  Graham, I glad you and Pauline had such a great get away.  Hope you made it home safely without too bumpy a flight.

@mamaofami  Carol, I hope Sam has an appointment with the surgeon to get the screws removed.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'll join the chorus and say don't worry about the lists.  Enjoy the cruise, relax and reenergize.

@AncientWanderer  Bon Voyage.  Enjoy the Koningsdam.

@Cruisercl  As I said earlier, caregivers are an important part of the health care system, especially with family members.

@USN59-79  Thank you for the information about Xiamen and Taiwan.  We did not realize when we were there in 2002 that we were so close to Taiwan, which we finally visited in 2018.

@4966and556  I'll add to what @kazu Jacqui said about the diet drinks.  They still had Coke products on the Koningsdam in December, and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

@cruzn single  Glad you will be released from "Covid  jail" tomorrow.  Take it easy until you have your strength back.

@Copper10-8  Thanks for the laughs today.

@JazzyV  I don't know what to say about the horror and brutality of what happened to the Uber driver.  My sympathies are with her family.  All I can think of is that some people are just born evil.

To everyone in the path of the storms whether in the US, Canada, or England, please stay home and stay safe.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

We got home over 3 hours ago.

Our flight was fairly routine from Malaga to Newcastle.

Parts of the UK were badly hit by the storm and a few flights were diverted to Newcastle where the weather was calmer.

Graham

• Like 24

Good afternoon, all! Batteries are important, and caregivers even more so. If I really try, I think I’m able to get behind National Drink Wine Day.😉

Today is BIL’s birthday, and I’m making the dinner, so it’s been busy. The weather is great here, although the temperature certainly varies. It was 42 F when I got up this morning, and is now 78 F. The body really has some adjusting to do!

Lets all hoist a glass in solidarity with those on the care list, and hoist another glass in cheer with all on celebrations list.

Happy Friday. I’d sooner be hoisting a glass for either reason aboard a BHB!

B4C05A4F-0306-4A57-ACC4-E12C74296911.thumb.jpeg.5213c85ed8a87936bb38e5ebe2ec9759.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 23

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I only sailed Empress once but loved it.  My current cruise uses a future cruse credit from a cancelled Empress sailing.

Roy

well glad you got to use your FCC.

What RCI ship are your currently if I can ask?  I am doing Symphony end of April  (I think)

• Like 9

2 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Glad to hear  you will be released.   Do take it easy and relax until  you are feeling totally better.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenda.

Parts of the UK were badly hit by the storm and a few flights were diverted to Newcastle where the weather was calmer.

Graham

I'm happy to hear your flight was a safe one and you and Pauline are comfortably at home.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenda.

Graham

I am glad to  hear you got home safely.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

oh nice. and how was your bummy ride home.  Saw some you Tube footage of Heathrow.

wow.  any damage to your home?

We had a good tailwind and the flight was fairly smooth.

It was dark when we got home but everything seems fine.

Graham.

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenda.

Graham

Good to know you made it home safely and that Newcastle was spared the worst of the storm.  Also good that you could avoid the London airports.

Lenda

• Like 11

When I last talked to the doc, she said she was going to do a blood test today, and that I had to fast.  Which I did.  I do not like being hungry.  I get there on time, and this time, she sees me on time.  She goes over my diabetes sensor report with me, what is it that i eat at night that brings my blood sugar up?    (ummm chocolate)  She tells me she is changing my metformin to slow release metformin.  (which i had before when i was working and my insurance didn't cover it, so we went back to the "cheap" stuff.)  And then she tells me she is going to do a blood test regarding my A1C.  Ok, and what about the tumor you called me about, what are we doing about that?  I ask. and she says....

Well you have to schedule a fasting blood test (isnt this what i just did?) and you have to take this pill at 11 at night and then come in at 8 in the morning and we will do the blood tests then...ummm?  

This test will show us if the gland is being forced to make too much hormone release.  Ok, then what about the urine test?  You have to do that at a later time, but we will get you the container.  One container?  Pee in one container for over 24 hours?   They really haven't thought this through for a woman have they?  So I ask for a smaller container to be able to pour in a larger container, and they come up with a urine specimen bottle.  Then she says my nurse will be right in to get the blood test for today.  20 minutes later the nurse, who is coughing and sneezing comes in to take my blood.  I have to admit that she was painless though.  And the urine test tells them how much endorphins my body puts out.  So, I got to see the doc, everything is still on hold regarding treating said tumor.  She said if the results come back bad on either test, they will rethink treatment, and  if they don't, they will just send me for an annual MRI to see if the tumor grows more.  

So the moral of the story, is to take the meds the doc tells you to take and when to take them (because I haven't been) and every time i go see a doc, they tell me my blood pressure is just a wee high.  Because i haven't been taking my blood pressure med they way I should.  Which includes Testing all day and adjusting doses.    So, thank you for your prayers and good wishes, and I guess that this conundrum is a wait and see sort of thing.  Please remove me from prayer list, as apparently I don't justify them.  Need them yes, but at this point, until I learn to be a better patient and be truthful with the docs, I am on my own with being stupid. 

If this was TMI, please ignore me. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 12

Oh, @marshhawk, you are every one of us!  Not going to ignore you, and you deserve prayers and good wishes as you are a HUMAN (and a darned good one).  Please take care, hug everyone in your household, and do your best to take your meds regularly.  Do we need to pressure you about this on a daily basis??? 🤗

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

Oh, @marshhawk, you are every one of us!  Not going to ignore you, and you deserve prayers and good wishes as you are a HUMAN (and a darned good one).  Please take care, hug everyone in your household, and do your best to take your meds regularly.  Do we need to pressure you about this on a daily basis??? 🤗

NO, I just need new batteries for my blood pressure machine...that and the knowledge on how to open the darn thing up to get the batteries in.  I've got the batteries.  

At least I know now that I wont have to cancel that May vacation.  Every thing has a good side, if we turn it over enough.  

And I would hug you if you were here!

• Like 20

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

A Shamble is when everyone on your 4 man team hits a tee shot. You then pick the tee shot you want to play and then all the players play their own ball from that spot until they hole out. Usually it's 2 best balls net of the 4 . We came in 3rd place today with a net score of 108 which was 32 under par. 104 won it and 107 was second. I picked up a few extra bucks with 2 closest to the pins on the Par 3s.

All in all a good day with great weather.

This brought a chuckle.

We belong to a golf club. DH is a solid golfer.  I'm on the Ladies' email list because technically I'm a lady golfer.  It seems like every week they have some new event with a voodoo method of play and scoring that makes my brain shut down just reading about it.  I was never good at math. lol

I honestly think I'd participate (I can shoot straight, if I don't have to shoot too far) but the scoring just makes my eyes glaze over.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

@marshhawk your tribulations with your doctor remind me of the very similar ones I had.  When I had my kidney stone problem the Dr. had a company in Illinois send me a large plastic jug and a small bottle of some type of preservative.  I was supposed to save all my urine for 24 hours, put the preservative in it, and then send a small sample to them in Illinois.  This would tell us what caused my kidney stone.  Of course I had to tell them how much urine I produced.   Over 24 hours I only produced 1.2 liters of urine.  So the results came back:  He needs to drink more water every day.  They also found that I  have a tumor on my adrenal gland which it attached to the kidney.  So I had this "take a pill at 1100 AM and come in for a blood test at 0800 AM.  The point was to see if the tumor was stopping the adrenal gland from producing certain hormones.  It looks like my adrenal gland is working OK, so we will just watch the tumor over the next few years.

Ray

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4