Muster 2.0 Questions

Woodmnky

Does each adult need to watch the videos separately on their device or can we all watch on one device? Also, does the emergency horn still sound on embarkation day or is it only on the app that we have to listen to it? My kid is worried about what to expect because he hates the horn.

1 minute ago, Woodmnky said:

Does each adult need to watch the videos separately on their device or can we all watch on one device? Also, does the emergency horn still sound on embarkation day or is it only on the app that we have to listen to it? My kid is worried about what to expect because he hates the horn.

The ship's horn does not sound. You listen to the sound in the app. As for watching the video, I can't say for sure but since the video can be watched on the cabin TV by multiple people I suspect multiple people can watch it in the same device.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

since the video can be watched on the cabin TV by multiple people I suspect multiple people can watch it in the same device.

Your suspicion is correct….you just get asked if you’ve watched the video. Big brother hasn’t implemented ‘proof policy’ on it as of yet.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Woodmnky said:

My kid is worried about what to expect because he hates the horn.

As an FYI, on one of our port days the entire emergency horn was blown during crew exercises. There was an announcement prior to it sounding. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The horn sounding when leaving the dock is for navigational purposes. They do not sound the emergency signal now.

Sorry, OB, I have to disagree with you here.

I've sailed eight times since the restart on five different ships.  Each time, they have made announcements as the day progressed..."half of the passengers haven't yet done the safety briefing"... "70% of passengers have completed the safety briefing".... "we still need 65 people to complete the safety briefing".... "will Passenger Firstname Lastname and Passenger Firstname2 Lastname2 please make yourself known to any staff member immediately"... and then finally, the Captain comes on and thanks everyone for completing the safety briefing.

The Captain also states that the ship's emergency signal will immediately follow his announcement, and it does.  

Note that the ship's emergency signal is DIFFERENT than the ship's horn.  The emergency signal plays over the announcements, not just the horn out the top of the ship.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The app keeps track of the videos you have completed if you watch them within the app, but the only thing that matters, and which will cause them to hunt you down if you don't do it, is if you have shown up in person at your meeting spot and checked in with your safety coordinator / ice show skater.  He/she asks if you have watched the videos and if you know where your muster station is located. Most of the time it is located right where you are standing and talking to them. 

29 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I've sailed eight times since the restart on five different ships.  Each time, they have made announcements as the day progressed..."half of the passengers haven't yet done the safety briefing"... "70% of passengers have completed the safety briefing".... "we still need 65 people to complete the safety briefing".... "will Passenger Firstname Lastname and Passenger Firstname2 Lastname2 please make yourself known to any staff member immediately"... and then finally, the Captain comes on and thanks everyone for completing the safety briefing.

The Captain also states that the ship's emergency signal will immediately follow his announcement, and it does.  

Note that the ship's emergency signal is DIFFERENT than the ship's horn.  The emergency signal plays over the announcements, not just the horn out the top of the ship.

This has been our experience on the six cruises we have taken since the restart as well.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Hmm, I don't remember that.🤔And I enjoy every chance I get to hear the horn sound.

2 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Same, high pitch "siren/horn" inside ship.  Have not been outside to see if its blasting out there as well but I doubt it is.

The ship's emergency system is an "all on -all off" system. We have been on outdoor decks when it sounds, and it is as loud as ever.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The ship's emergency system is an "all on -all off" system. We have been on outdoor decks when it sounds, and it is as loud as ever.

Agree. When we use to assemble outside at our muster stations for the muster drill the emergency siren was always sounded during the muster drill. 

Edited by davekathy

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hmm, I don't remember that.🤔And I enjoy every chance I get to hear the horn sound.

Probably the siren/bell part of the alarm overpowered the ship's horn, depending on where you were on board at the time.  It happens before they sail, part of the SOLAS rules.

OP--at least you'll be warned before it goes off, so your kid can cover their ears to muffle the annoyance of the horn/siren/bell combo.

• Like 1

Pre CV/Muster Changes Cruised many Florida Repo's where Passengers are on older side, in my 40-50's youngest 5% onboard. By time the Horn would sound we were already all lined up and checked in. At our Station think only once or twice had couple or two show up after sounded. Now that's organisation 

• 4 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 6:58 AM, Ocean Boy said:

The horn sounding when leaving the dock is for navigational purposes. They do not sound the emergency signal now.

Hmmm in the 24 times I have sailed since restart, they have sounded the emergency horn each time after every one had checked in for muster.

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Hmmm in the 24 times I have sailed since restart, they have sounded the emergency horn each time after every one had checked in for muster.

I think we covered this months ago.

We just sailed on Liberty in June and when we got on board they were funneling people directly to their muster stations to check in when you walked on.  Pretty smart! 

You didn't walk into the ship promenade like normal.  They did the normal announcement of this is what the emergency alarm will sound like before we left.  I noticed that there were not multiple announcements of people not completing the muster check in this way like it was back in November on Symphony!    I love the new muster concept.  One great thing that COVID did 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

I was trying to watch the video in the app today and there is no sound. Anyone else having this problem? Do you have to wait to get to the pier for it to work?

Watched it in the car from the phone on the way to the terminal.  No sound no problem. Less than a minute to checkin at designated area.

You can't watch the video at any time, but you won't get credit for watching until 4  hours before embarkation, when you'll get an alert. When you get to the muster station you'll get a wristband to prove you were there. Don't put it on too tight as it tightens, but doesn't' loosen, and is made of cloth so if you can't pull it off your wrist you need scissors to cut it off.