Will you still wear a mask?

Dreamcruise27

20 hours ago, chamima said:

The husband must have had a negative test on the 19th in order to board. More likely he tested positive at the end of February.

I also wondered how he would qualify to sail on March 14th.

He  received Monoclonal Antibody Treatment on 3/2.

If he has a negative antigen test  as required two days before boarding, there is no problem.

Edited by Homosassa

On 3/1/2022 at 1:16 PM, Virginia100 said:

I agree to think people coughing have Covid is a foolish statement. I have sinus issues all the time and very stuffy nose. I cough all the time. I went for a Covid test last week just as a dry run for my 3/26 cruise to see the documentation during one of my really stuffy days. Was negative.

Have to agree with all these people....my husband had throat cancer several years ago, and because of it, coughs alot. Sometimes you'd think he was dying...lol.   He's not sick!  There are many many reasons people cough.

We are so happy to be rid of the masks...I just moved our stash of masks to the garage, and I hope I never see them again!  I just wish it was the same for the crew!  I miss seeing their smiling faces, and I am sure its uncomfortable for them.  They are all vaccinated ....let them lose the masks!!!!  I want no reminders of these past couple years.  Go ahead...flame me....just my opinion:)  I could care less if someone wants to wear a mask....I just dont.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Reba 954 said:

Have to agree with all these people....my husband had throat cancer several years ago, and because of it, coughs alot. Sometimes you'd think he was dying...lol.   He's not sick!  There are many many reasons people cough.

We are so happy to be rid of the masks...I just moved our stash of masks to the garage, and I hope I never see them again!  I just wish it was the same for the crew!  I miss seeing their smiling faces, and I am sure its uncomfortable for them.  They are all vaccinated ....let them lose the masks!!!!  I want no reminders of these past couple years.  Go ahead...flame me....just my opinion:)  I could care less if someone wants to wear a mask....I just dont.

I do not know what type of mask the crew wears.  I suppose they are useful not just for Covid but also useful to prevent transmission of colds and flu?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I do not know what type of mask the crew wears.  I suppose they are useful not just for Covid but also useful to prevent transmission of colds and flu?

In November they were cloth.

In January they were almost all wearing N95

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

He  received Monoclonal Antibody Treatment on 3/2.

If he has a negative antigen test  as required two days before boarding, there is no problem.

Unfortunately, there is a problem. Recall the questions on the health screening. If they answer truthfully, they may be denied boarding.

37 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

Can't wait until the crew can throw away their masks.  I'd much rather see faces.  It makes me feel sad to see them forced to wear a mask unless they want to.

I suppose someone at Celebrity main office is tracking infection rates on the ships.  I suppose if they are low enough, no masks.

1 hour ago, ymncruise said:

Can't wait until the crew can throw away their masks.  I'd much rather see faces.  It makes me feel sad to see them forced to wear a mask unless they want to.

I agree.  It reminds me of Hollywood where the movie stars get to go mask-less and the help has to wear one.  Plus there is occasionally a language barrier, that mask sure doesn't help!

• Like 2

On 3/3/2022 at 2:32 PM, RichYak said:

Ok. The way I read it was they were on the feb 19 sailing and the husband was being treated for Covid yesterday.

I definitely misread.... yes, being treated as of the 2nd.   I suppose if they don't take another test util 2 days before, & test negative they would be ok

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I definitely misread.... yes, being treated as of the 2nd.   I suppose if they don't take another test util 2 days before, & test negative they would be ok

Oddly enough, husband would be ok, but OP should be denied boarding as they have had contact with a confirmed case (husband) in the 14 days prior to sailing. This is assuming the health screening questions have not changed recently.

Just when you thought it was over ..., there's a report on the Princess board that the Regal Princess was denied docking in St. Thomas today due to guests and crew testing positive for Covid (though largely asymptomatic or nearly so, apparently). Only the second week of sailing without masking. Coincidence? Maybe, but ...? 🤔 

Does anyone recall the last time this happened? It's been a while, I believe.

Also, on a related note, in this Sunday's Boston Globe, sandwiched between stories about New York City and Los Angeles loosening Covid restrictions (notably, including indoor masking), was an article about a worrying surge in Covid cases in New Zealand, containing this sentence:

"The explosion in cases has come as the government, under political pressure, loosened it's strict regulations meant to prevent the spread of the virus, and as the highly transmissible Omicron reduced the effectiveness of the controls that remained." Also, notably including indoor masking. 

It's happened time and time again over the past 2 years: Covid cases drop, protective measures are relaxed, Covid cases rise; Covid cases drop, protective measures are relaxed, Covid cases rise ....

Some may be familiar with a classic definition of insanity, which is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.

Thought this was relevant and worth sharing. 

And I think I will be wearing my mask on our upcoming cruise on the Reflection. Didn't put a damper on our amazing B2B last December. I've done this over and over again and gotten the same result: no Covid. #KnockWood 😉 
Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
clarification
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:
It's happened time and time again over the past 2 years: Covid cases drop, protective measures are relaxed, Covid cases rise; Covid cases drop, protective measures are relaxed, Covid cases rise ....

Some may be familiar with a classic definition of insanity, which is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.

Thought this was relevant and worth sharing. 

And I think I will be wearing my mask on our upcoming cruise on the Reflection. Didn't put a damper on our amazing B2B last December. I've done this over and over again and gotten the same result: no Covid. #KnockWood 😉 

I agree with you.  The crew on our December B2B (different line) was double masked.  They told me they would gladly do everything possible to avoid another "pause" or "shutdown" and loss of paycheck.  Not many "smiling faces" among the unemployed.
In fact, thinking back to pre Covid times when I had vacations days ruined after catching some respiratory bug, I wish I had worn a mask back then.  So now, no big deal.  I will continue to mask up.  
I just want to avoid a repeat of the March 2020 disaster when we were the last ship to dock safely before subsequent sailings were denied docking, even in Miami.  If that happens again, the industry is doomed.

As for what others decide to do, no judgement here. 
Nobody knows what the virus has in store.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Re: "It's happened time and time again over the past 2 years: Covid cases drop, protective measures are relaxed, Covid cases rise; Covid cases drop, protective measures are relaxed, Covid cases rise ...."

The virus has cycles--even in places where so-called protective measures weren't a thing. In fact, there's data showing cases continuing to increase even after mask mandates were implemented. And then we need to discuss "cases" vs. hospitalizations.

Viruses are gonna virus.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BklynBorn47 said:

I agree with you.  The crew on our December B2B (different line) was double masked.  They told me they would gladly do everything possible to avoid another "pause" or "shutdown" and loss of paycheck.  Not many "smiling faces" among the unemployed.
In fact, thinking back to pre Covid times when I had vacations days ruined after catching some respiratory bug, I wish I had worn a mask back then.  So now, no big deal.  I will continue to mask up.  
I just want to avoid a repeat of the March 2020 disaster when we were the last ship to dock safely before subsequent sailings were denied docking, even in Miami.  If that happens again, the industry is doomed.

As for what others decide to do, no judgement here. 
Nobody knows what the virus has in store.  

I'm with you

We were on the last Summit sailing in March 2020 where Puerto Rico refused our entry and our cruise was extended by two days for finally docking in Fort Lauderdale.   

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Just announced cases on Silhouette on our first full day of sailing.  Ugh! 9 more days to go. Will keep an eye on number of cases and hope they don't rise much. Ps don't know how many as I missed the first part of the announcement 

Thanks.  How do they announce it?  Public address system?