Live from Wonder of the Seas! March 4 to 11, 2022 Inaugural Cruise!

As the clouds begin to burn off in the morning sun the beauty of this area begins to reveal.  

6B58C6BA-DC13-4370-875D-B93C8100FD2F.thumb.jpeg.edcbf4f6cdeb42e589d8dd653d1f19ef.jpeg

1F609C5B-BE2F-48DB-8AF9-3D08230F2D49.thumb.jpeg.80400c53dd3735050a7b644b5a383fee.jpeg

I’ve always enjoyed Labadee and I’m looking forward to my first port-restart visit. 

Ut-oh.  I feel a Labradoozie coming on. 

Edited by twangster
  • Like 14

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Correct.  Single entrance.  

Starboard side then?  Do you pass by cabin doors from the elevator, or are the suite cabins on 17 accessed  through separate glass doors like other Oasis class?  I know it is all GS on that deck with the higher end suites one floor above on deck 18.  Thanks so much for giving us a peek!  🤗

Great review....as usual.  Thanks for taking us along!  🙂 

Edited by island lady

13 hours ago, twangster said:

Dinner in Coastal Kitchen.   Deck 17:

7DF0FC50-DEA1-4F50-BA9A-E0EF8135BB68.thumb.jpeg.c4da76daed99435aae824583e1953a7a.jpeg

Banging on the door won’t work since CK is way down the guest hallway so they added an intercom to CK.  

7B341DD6-2CE4-4C14-A2D5-C304B8050B23.thumb.jpeg.f1bc18106b139e5153ac9adc7d33dd35.jpeg

Symphony has the same intercom at SL

On 3/5/2022 at 4:27 AM, sec1219 said:

Does your king bed split in two?

On 3/5/2022 at 6:25 AM, CaroleC said:

They all do I believe.

When we booked for April we wanted one room with the beds split and one with a king.  We were told the only JS left that the kings could be split were a few on deck 8, but they didn't have any rooms available close together so we stayed with our original two rooms.  I don't see anything on the deck plan that indicates which beds can be split.

19 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

When we booked for April we wanted one room with the beds split and one with a king.  We were told the only JS left that the kings could be split were a few on deck 8, but they didn't have any rooms available close together so we stayed with our original two rooms.  I don't see anything on the deck plan that indicates which beds can be split.

We have cruised a lot over the years, frequently in JS’s. We always have the bed split as DH is an extremely restless sleeper and I wouldn’t get a wink if we were in the same bed! 😄. We have never stayed in a cabin where the beds couldn’t be split 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Will be interesting if you notice any difference in Labadee because of the reports that it was looted/vandalized?? by locals while closed.  I never did find out if that was confirmed or just a rumor.

Turned out not to be true.  Labadee has been up and running for several weeks now. All reports are very positive.

• Like 4

On 3/2/2022 at 8:55 PM, John&LaLa said:

The wife is in charge of transporting all paperwork, passports, etc.

Even my Pinnacle Pin. 

She has trust issues😉🤣

I think Lala and I will get along just fine on WC, I have trust issues too 😂

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

We have cruised a lot over the years, frequently in JS’s. We always have the bed split as DH is an extremely restless sleeper and I wouldn’t get a wink if we were in the same bed! 😄. We have never stayed in a cabin where the beds couldn’t be split 🤷‍♀️.

I'm just going by what we were told when we booked our two JS's for April 1st.  We were told the king beds  in the JS do NOT separate, unless we wanted one of them on deck 8.   He didn't say those were the only ones on the ship that could be split, but they were the only JS's still available at the time we were booking that could be split.

Also, if you compare Royal Caribbean's deck plan for Junior Suites on Wonder compared to other ship's deck plans, or other staterooms (both smaller and larger) on the same ship, and you will see these are the only rooms that just list "One King bed"  instead of  "Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed".                          

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Will be interesting if you notice any difference in Labadee because of the reports that it was looted/vandalized?? by locals while closed.  I never did find out if that was confirmed or just a rumor.

Just fanciful speculation from someone here that "a friend of a friend who spoke to a crew member who heard it from another crew member on another ship that said......". And when Labadee was not part of Phase 1 of cruising restart, the rumor mill really got into high gear.

I've read a few reports now that Labadee has been reopen for several weeks now - end of Jan, I think - as is back to its normal self with no signs of destruction.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Just fanciful speculation from someone here that "a friend of a friend who spoke to a crew member who heard it from another crew member on another ship that said......". And when Labadee was not part of Phase 1 of cruising restart, the rumor mill really got into high gear.

I've read a few reports now that Labadee has been reopen for several weeks now - end of Jan, I think - as is back to its normal self with no signs of destruction.

Labadee was fine when I was there last week. Didn’t look at all destroyed. It could be that if it was vandalized in any way, they restored it to the way it once was.  I was there pre-Covid as well and both times looked the same, YMMV.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Some people have nothing better to do than spread misinformation.  I’m not saying you are, but the dark side of social media is the spread of information that just isn’t accurate.  

I spent the morning capturing pictures around Labadee.  It’ looks great!   Will post some soon.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I just tried to walk across the promenade and it is still closed off, as is Deck 6 entrance to Schooner bar. 

236CC27B-56FE-444C-9EEF-FA6E2F8D8657.jpeg

265A8468-4EF5-4506-BDB6-56D82D349AF3.jpeg

Going to have to wait until the floor dries up where the sprinklers went off, might take a while........Probably have to bring in some fans.

ALOT of water came down !

Edited by Jimbo