If you have no drink or soda packages of any kind what can you drink?

Jezo

Are tea and coffee accessible or are those also behind the ropes and you need people to serve them to you?  I dont think anyone can actually touch any of the food since corona, right?

Love love love the fruit water!  It's so pretty in the glass containers with the fruit too.  Sometimes strawberries, or peaches, lemon, etc.  You can usually get it on the pool deck, in the Windjammer, in the Promenade Cafe, and possibly other places I haven't gone to get it.  Depends on the ship.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jezo said:

I dont think anyone can actually touch any of the food since corona, right?

Those restrictions have been loosening and is ship dependent. For drinks, pouring your own is probably already back or very soon.

54 minutes ago, Jezo said:

Are tea and coffee accessible or are those also behind the ropes and you need people to serve them to you?  I dont think anyone can actually touch any of the food since corona, right?

Self serve is back. 

55 minutes ago, Jezo said:

Self serve on my recent January Navigator sailing. Coffee reg /decaf...hot water and a variety of teabag flavor options...sweetner and cream half/half the real stuff not packets. In the Promenade Cafe.Ice water and sometimes with fruit in it.

I was reading TRs about listening to live music in the evenings in the pubs and clubs and such, and I was like "yay entertainment!" but then I was like...."all these people have drink packages" and then I got sad because I am assuming we would need to treat those venues like a bar on land and order things?  It's gonna get old having to order stuff in the bars when I'm not gonna be wanting alcohol every day, but I get it.  I am diabetic, so I can't justify the drink package, and all the things I want on the beverage package are full of sugar, so I will just have to deal with what I SHOULD be drinking.  Plus, I had to ask my friend to remind me that we won't spend ANYWHERE near as much as even the refreshment package on board......the sun doesn't set in Alaska until after 11, so I doubt we will be wanting to stop looking at the scenery anyway!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kathscof said:

I was reading TRs about listening to live music in the evenings in the pubs and clubs and such, and I was like "yay entertainment!" but then I was like...."all these people have drink packages" and then I got sad because I am assuming we would need to treat those venues like a bar on land and order things?  It's gonna get old having to order stuff in the bars when I'm not gonna be wanting alcohol every day, but I get it.  I am diabetic, so I can't justify the drink package, and all the things I want on the beverage package are full of sugar, so I will just have to deal with what I SHOULD be drinking.  Plus, I had to ask my friend to remind me that we won't spend ANYWHERE near as much as even the refreshment package on board......the sun doesn't set in Alaska until after 11, so I doubt we will be wanting to stop looking at the scenery anyway!  

You do not have to order something to sit and listen to the music or play trivia.  Just say no thank you to the waiter when they check on you and they will move on.

• Like 6

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

You do not have to order something to sit and listen to the music or play trivia.  Just say no thank you to the waiter when they check on you and they will move on.

ooooooo that's so exciting!!!!

Thanks!

I was expecting to pay!  

• Like 2

I'm not sure I fully understand your issue, as entertainment venues on a ship are very different from land venues.  You have no obligation to order a drink or soda in a bar or club on a ship under any circumstances.  You also don't need a drink package to sit in a club or bar and listen to music or dance or sing karaoke or listen to a comedian or whatever you like for entertainment.  

You don't have to order anything.  You can bring something with you that you're already drinking, if you want.  You can get ice water with a lime wedge if you want.  Or iced tea in some places.  Or regular coffee and hot tea in some places.  You won't pay for those, but you should still tip your server with a buck.  There's no requirement to order or pay for alcohol or sodas while enjoying entertainment.  Same with shows - there is bar service, but you don't order anything if you don't want it.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Kellie in Texas said:

You can also just buy an alcoholic or soft drink and put it on your account. You don't have to purchase a beverage package for that. 

But then I wont get my money's worth!

How many drinks a day would you need to have a day to come out ahead if you got the premium drink package?  I dont think I could keep up and be conscious for my whole trip.  I want to try to stick to what is included in the base price of the trip and not have too many up charge drinks.

22 hours ago, Jezo said:

On my sailing in Jan on Anthem you got/poured your own coffee, tea, water, juices, iced tea and lemonade.

But they still had someone operating the self serve ice cream machine.

21 hours ago, Kathscof said:

They will gladly bring you an ice water from the bar...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kathscof said:

Not the same.  No pressure at all to order drinks.  It is an entertainment venue that you have already paid for to enjoy.  They won’t care at all if you don’t order a $ drink.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jezo said:

But then I wont get my money's worth!

How many drinks a day would you need to have a day to come out ahead if you got the premium drink package?  I dont think I could keep up and be conscious for my whole trip.  I want to try to stick to what is included in the base price of the trip and not have too many up charge drinks.

5-6 usually pays for the package...throw in a few bottled waters, fancy morning coffees and it's really easy to get there...and well over.  

• Like 1

You also can bring 2 bottles of wine and a twelve pack of your favorite soda per state room in your carryon bag and enjoy those wherever on the ship you want to. You can bring crystal light or Mio for flavoring water as well. 

Edited by zanydoc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zanydoc said:

You also can bring 2 bottles of wine and a twelve pack of your favorite soda per state room in your carryon bag and enjoy those wherever on the ship you want to. You can bring crystal light or Mio for flavoring water as well. 

I found these - Twinnings Cold Infuse Flavored Water Enhancers - and I love them!  They are like a little fruity tea bag (but not tea) that you drop into a bottle of water, let it steep for a few minutes, shake and drink.  Several flavors available. 

22 hours ago, foxgoodrich said:

I'm not sure I fully understand your issue, as entertainment venues on a ship are very different from land venues.  You have no obligation to order a drink or soda in a bar or club on a ship under any circumstances.  You also don't need a drink package to sit in a club or bar and listen to music or dance or sing karaoke or listen to a comedian or whatever you like for entertainment.  

You don't have to order anything.  You can bring something with you that you're already drinking, if you want.  You can get ice water with a lime wedge if you want.  Or iced tea in some places.  Or regular coffee and hot tea in some places.  You won't pay for those, but you should still tip your server with a buck.  There's no requirement to order or pay for alcohol or sodas while enjoying entertainment.  Same with shows - there is bar service, but you don't order anything if you don't want it.

That was my question exactly, do venues on the ship act like venues on land.....but apparently not and that is very exciting!

• Like 1

Breakfast buffet on liberty had a different little juice daily..in the buffet line. This day was wheat grass, but other days peach juice, or strawberry smoothie, or blueberry smoothie ..changes daily.

The oj was good and you can ask for pineapple or apple juice. I have vouchers and got the fresh squeezed oj many mornings. 

Here is where to look for the little juices ..was beginning of buffet line and easy to miss. In addition to where the regular juices and coffee are.

20220205_070905.jpg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

5-6 usually pays for the package...throw in a few bottled waters, fancy morning coffees and it's really easy to get there...and well over.  

If you drastically change your drinking consumption just to get your money’s worth, what have you gained? I opt to spend my money where I’ll get something I really want or need.

• Like 3