Diamond drinks

Sorry, I know this has been asked before but I’ve searched a lot of pages here and didn’t find the current info. Sailing ( hopefully) on Sunday, are we still getting 4 drinks anytime, anywhere for diamond. I have a friend that just came back from a cruise and said it was only at certain times. I had thought it was changed when the cruises started back up. Again, sorry for a repeat question. Take care.

You will have four drink vouchers pre-loaded on your seapass card and you can use them at any location any time during the day. Well with the exception of Bionic and Rising Tide that I had forgotten about.

Edited by MellowMel

Just now, Islandtime17 said:

Sorry, I know this has been asked before but I’ve searched a lot of pages here and didn’t find the current info. Sailing ( hopefully) on Sunday, are we still getting 4 drinks anytime, anywhere for diamond. I have a friend that just came back from a cruise and said it was only at certain times. I had thought it was changed when the cruises started back up. Again, sorry for a repeat question. Take care.

Your friend told you that?  The vouchers can be used anytime at any bar or restaurant except for Starbucks and Bionic Bar.  You will get 4 each day. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeWillie said:

It's possible the friend was talking about drinks served in the Diamond lounge which are only available for a few hours in the evening.  

And the drinks during Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge count against your vouchers as they are no longer complimentary 

• Like 3

Where did you hear they are not good at the Bionic Bar or Rising Tide bar?  The vouchers are good anytime at any bars on the ship during their normal hours of operation.  Starbucks is the exception. They have a $13 value for each beverage consumed.  Unused vouchers expire at midnight with no carry over.  As mentioned on these threads before, we typically go to one of the bars around 11:30 PM and use any remaining vouchers to take unopened beverages (typically beer and Truly's) back to our room cooler for another day.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, BeWillie said:

It's possible the friend was talking about drinks served in the Diamond lounge which are only available for a few hours in the evening.  

All Diamond Clubs on US departure ships are open for cocktail service from 5:00 - 8:30 daily, including day 1.  As mentioned the vouchers are required there but also have the same $13 value which makes the drink selection almost umlimited.

• Like 1

The bartenders will automatically use your Diamond voucher for any drink you purchase. Most of the time they won't ask first. If you are buying a non-alcoholic drink, you should tell them not to use a Diamond voucher on that drink. Save for the vouchers for the more expensive, alcoholic drinks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On the RCI web site and the welcome letter in your cabin.

Well then that is new since our last Oct. Oasis and Allure Dec./Jan. Holiday cruises where we used them extensively on the RT and friends used them once at the BB.  Will be on Anthem in a couple of weeks - will see it the BB is restricted for them.

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well then that is new since our last Oct. Oasis and Allure Dec./Jan. Holiday cruises where we used them extensively on the RT and friends used them once at the BB.

Like with everything else with RCI there's usually three ways for most issues:

• Policy
  • What happens most of the time
  • Rare occurrences/exceptions

The policy is listed on the RCI web site and the welcome letter - I'll let you decide which of the other two categories your experience falls under.

• Like 2

Q : How will the daily happy hour be impacted?
A : The Happy Hour in the lounges will take place daily from 5 pm to 8 pm.

Diamond and above members will enjoy daily beverage vouchers to be used at any bar, at any time, in the lounges during Happy Hour, or in our private destinations. Whether it’s sparkling water, sparking wine, or the drink of the day, you choose when and where to enjoy these beverages.

The number of daily beverage coupons will increase as follows:

Diamond — 4 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Diamond Plus — 5 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Pinnacle Club — 6 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members will be able to redeem their complimentary beverage vouchers (for drinks valued up to $13) at any venue except Starbucks, Bionic Bar and Rising Tide Bar, at any time throughout the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

• Policy

The policy is listed on the RCI web site and the welcome letter - I'll let you decide which of the other two categories your experience falls under.

1 minute ago, neverbeenhere said:

Q : How will the daily happy hour be impacted?
A : The Happy Hour in the lounges will take place daily from 5 pm to 8 pm.

Diamond and above members will enjoy daily beverage vouchers to be used at any bar, at any time, in the lounges during Happy Hour, or in our private destinations. Whether it’s sparkling water, sparking wine, or the drink of the day, you choose when and where to enjoy these beverages.

The number of daily beverage coupons will increase as follows:

Diamond — 4 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Diamond Plus — 5 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Pinnacle Club — 6 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members will be able to redeem their complimentary beverage vouchers (for drinks valued up to $13) at any venue except Starbucks, Bionic Bar and Rising Tide Bar, at any time throughout the day.

Well I certainly can't argue with what you both publish, but I can only say what our experience has been regarding alcohol purchases via the vouchers as recently as January.  We don't use the BB - and it was friends on board who said they did - and I guess that is somewhat different than the rest.  But this is clearly something new with the RT as we used most of our vouchers there.  Not sure why they would exclude RT - a bar is a bar is a bar.  

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Pretty sure that exclusion has been there (in policy) since the restart.

Well then as you indicated regarding "what happens most of the time", it certainly hasn't been enforced in our experience.  Which seems to be seconded by other on this thread as well.  On Allure again in June - have to see what happens then.

As a matter of fact I would like to hear form anyone who has been denied vouchers on the RT in recent cruises.

4 hours ago, Islandtime17 said:

On the Oasis and Jewel it was anywhere, anytime.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

• Policy

Surprised that the programming would accept it. Not like there is human discretion involved

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Where did you hear they are not good at the Bionic Bar or Rising Tide bar?  The vouchers are good anytime at any bars on the ship during their normal hours of operation.  Starbucks is the exception. They have a $13 value for each beverage consumed.  Unused vouchers expire at midnight with no carry over.  As mentioned on these threads before, we typically go to one of the bars around 11:30 PM and use any remaining vouchers to take unopened beverages (typically beer and Truly's) back to our room cooler for another day.

dup

Edited by Ourusualbeach