The Daily for Friday 04/01/2022

richwmn

April Fool's Day

Today is International Tatting Day, National Walk to Work Day, and International Fun at Work Day

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.--Theodore Roosevelt

Meal Suggestion for today - Cedar-Plank Salmon
Drink of the Day - Garden Delight
Wine of the Day - Chateau de Berne 2020 Inspiration Rosé (Cotes de
Destination of the Day - Probolinggo, Java, Indonesia

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam   Destination Oranjestad Aruba,
Rotterdam   Destination Key West, FL US eta 4/2

At Sea Pacific

Koningsdam   Destination Ensenada, Baja Cal
Zuiderdam   Destination San Diego, Califor eta 4/3

Half Moon Cay, BS

Nieuw Amsterdam  

Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 23:00

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea English Channel

Volendam   Destination Scheveningen NL eta 4/2

Cadiz SP

Zaandam   Shipyard

Freeport, BS

Noordam   Shipyard

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Drifting

Palermo, IT

Oosterdam   Anchorage

0401.thumb.png.726bb239d2321743433d2165e404c45c.png
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 18

Rabbit Rabbit White Rabbit

Thanks for the Daily Report.

Welcome April, please be a good month.🤞   I think Mother Nature is playing an April Fools joke on us - it's snowing!  I was hoping for spring.

I've never tried tatting, I don't think I have the patience.  Walking to work is wonderful, but sometimes, after a long day, it was difficult to walk home.   Some days, I almost sprinted home.  It's important to have a little fun no matter where you are.

Good quote.

The dinner sounds good.   Hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit happy April Fool’s Day everyone.  Tip of the hat to all tatters and walkers to work.  We met a big deadline at work yesterday so I hope we have some fun today.  I walk to and from work most days to get my steps in and save gas which is ridiculous right now.  I like the very pragmatic quote today. The salmon sounds delicious as do the drink and wine.  I haven’t been to today’s port and I’ll bet some excellent photos of it will be shared later.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.

• Like 24

Thank you for the April Fools (and TGIF) Daily, Rich.  I've never heard of Tatting or of Probolinggo.  I always lived too far from work to walk there (except for my college days in the cafeteria), and had some fun at work but I would call it more rewarding than fun.  I love the Roosevelt quote (really rings true in the First Aid world) but will pass on the meal.  My alternative is Iced Melon Bisque, Apple, Pear, and Cucumber Salad, Rustic Home-Made Lasagna, and Vanilla Ice Cream, I think my first dinner ever on MS Amsterdam, April 1, 2014. (There won't be photos for days where this Amsterdam voyage is selected)

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui
Sailingdutchy, and aliaschief with Covid
Strength for Marshawk and DH
Tana with persistant pneumonia
kplady  knee replacement  and DH recovering from prostate procecure
Rosby DH in hospital
Buddy still having trouble getting food down despite slow improvement
From the rotation:
Jen slow recovery from fall
Welfare of furloughed crews
.Hartgrove older sister with aggressive cancer
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Good riddance to March
A booking for Atexsix
A goood rehab placement for Lady Hudson DSIL
Noordam in service April rather than May
5 BHB with passengers
2 days for GTVCRUISER (Zuiderdam 4/3 to 4/13)
 Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam to 4/3) , NorseH20 and dchip (Zuiderdam to 4/3),Aliaschief and Dwaliaschief (Rotterdam to 4/3),   Lady Hudson (Anthem OTS to 4/3), Overhead Fred and  sassy-one (Nieuw Statendam to 4/6),  Vict0riann(4/9) , Live4cruises and AV8rix (Koningsdam to 4/10) and Crazy for Cats (Eurodam  to 4/10)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 13

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s another sad day in PA. 3 police officers were shot in Lebanon Pa yesterday afternoon while responding to a domestic disturbance call. Sadly, 1 dead, 1 critical and 1 stable.💔💔💔🙏

No names have been released yet. Lebanon is about 1 hour from me.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏

• Like 10
  • Thanks 23

Good afternoon.

It is sunny now but was snowing here 5 minutes ago.

I think the weather is playing an April's fool on us.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

Your efforts in doing this every day is very much appreciated.

Thanks to Roy too for posting all the list's everyday.

As a sales representative I needed a car and couldn't walk to work.

Sometimes work was fun selling chocolate and sugar confectionery.

I like salmon cooked.

I will miss in the drink.

Never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 always to those in need.

Wishing everyone a nice and safe day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220401_121036.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning! It was another long day which ended with another Tamarind take out! Now awaiting the knock on door that breakfast has arrived.

During Captain’s brief yesterday he really sounded like we are definitely headed to Key West. We peruse the MDR menu every day and nothing really stands out. The David Burke Prime Rib would have been a choice but the thought of eating it out of a styrofoam box just didn’t fare well. So most meals have been to survive not necessarily savor and enjoy.

We learned yesterday that if either one of test positive in the next two days of testing Hal has made arrangement to put us up in a hotel for an additional 5 days of quarantine.🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞

Thanks Rich and fellow Dailylites.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s another sad day in PA. 3 police officers were shot in Lebanon Pa yesterday afternoon while responding to a domestic disturbance call. Sadly, 1 dead, 1 critical and 1 stable.💔💔💔🙏

No names have been released yet. Lebanon is about 1 hour from me.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏

Sending prayers 🙏 and condolences to all the family and friends of those involved.

Graham.

• Like 22

My husband peacefully passed away yesterday.....after 18 long but well cared for days in the hospital.....

While our family is grieving....we have wonderful memories....this is one of them.....a 14 day cruise to Alaska with his brother and one of our sons....

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 27

1 minute ago, Rowsby said:
My husband peacefully passed away yesterday.....after 18 long but well cared for days in the hospital.....

While our family is grieving....we have wonderful memories....this is one of them.....a 14 day cruise to Alaska with his brother and one of our sons....

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

I am sorry to hear this.  Prayers for the repose of his soul and for you and your family during your time of grief. 

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

Sorry to hear that but he is finally at peace.

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from the Eurodam.   Thanks for the daily report.  Today's dinner will be in the Pinnacle Grill.   Clothes line bacon is on my to do list.  We have our complimentary wine tasting today.  With no beverage package we are getting our freebies were we can. 😀

20220401_065508.thumb.jpg.a4efc0ac02c2f385bd4a727c755f1816.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

Thank you Rich for the Daily and Roy for the Cares and Cheers list.  

Prayers for @Rowsby and her family during their time of grief.

Prayers for all those on the cares list. It seems to keep growing.  I say a prayer for each one as I read the list.

@aliaschiefI hope DW tests negative so that your ordeal is over.  You had such a lovely time on Azamara and this seems such a downer after that wonderful cruise.

Today I have to put the finishing touches on my packing.  Then I want to make sure the kitchen is clean while DH finishes his packing.

This afternoon we have appointments for PCR tests at Walgreens,.  While it is not required to enter Spain and our home tests were negative, we decided that it would be better to take PCR tests to be sure.  We really don’t want to get on a plane on Tuesday if we test positive.

So that is where we are today.

Got lots to do.  Right now.  Time to put on the coffee and get DH out of bed, have breakfast and get going.

As for the days.  Happy April Fools Day.  As for tatting.  I am not able to do it, but do have a pretty tatted handkerchief that was given to me on my wedding day. 

I was never able to walk to work since I had to take two trains to get there every day.  However there were times at work when we did have fun. I must admit, it is more fun being retired.

Take care everyone.  

Have a great April Fools Day.  Don’t play too many tricks on anyone.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.  

Thanks for the April Fool’s Day Daily, Rich.  I’ve seen some absolutely gorgeous tatting in France and other European countries.  Truly exquisite!  Don’t work but maybe my long walk from the hospital parking lot to the entrance for screening can count as a walk to work?

I hope everyone who is working is still having fun at work 🙂 

Love the quote of the day and the meal suggestion.  Like my cedar planked salmon on the bbq which still has to come out of the garage.

The drink of the day HAS to be good with that name 😉 

AB1D4666-7453-4644-9521-46582E9799E6.thumb.jpeg.8d20411bef25972087a1000624fda524.jpeg

I can picture this happening to me one day while I’m driving to the hospital trying to avoid the craters in the road:

AD9C6915-ED3F-406B-A42D-D64689143F64.thumb.jpeg.6321dc822e9f7a57a61f65de15e86077.jpeg

52 minutes ago, richwmn said:

If you say 'Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit' and nobody hears you, does it still count????

I asked myself the same question this morning, Rich. 😉. I sure hope it does. 🤞 I am glad to see March go and hope April is much, much better.

26 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

How sad. 😞.  Seems to wrong that those that are protecting us are targeted like this doing their job.  Prayers for all 3 of them and the families.

I am so very sorry to hear of your husband’s passing @Rowsby. 💔  My deepest sympathy and condolences & prayers for all of you 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out List.

Have a good Friday everyone !!!!!!

0F79156A-CEFA-47C5-9B49-A153572610C1.thumb.jpeg.04680c437287fcbb3b3364f2f0cfb19f.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Glad you have wonderful memories to help sustain you during the difficult days ahead.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  The sun is shining and it promises to be a good day. I used to walk to work because I saw my students in a room in my house . Sam gets his stitches out today and I am going to PT.

Prayers for all our friends who need them.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 29

Thank you for the first April Daily, Rich! A bit murky here this morning. Not sure what is in store for me weather wise.  A busy day for me prepping for dinner tomorrow, since I have a busy morning at the gym tomorrow. And I still have one more smoke detector battery to change. 

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy! Morning Dailyites! We were lucky to be on the outer edge of yesterday’s wild storm. Hopefully the winds brought down the last of the oak pollen. During yesterday’s Bindi walks we actually saw spots where the wind blew the fallen pollen into drifts big enough to shovel! Our community maintenance folk were using shovels to get the worst of it up before the storm hit. 

Some random smiles….

6B19D5A0-E819-449D-BA8F-0D96B81069C5.jpeg.f42202d7937951259af19c880f52dbb1.jpeg

053BEEF9-E9FC-4936-9F0A-D80786781172.jpeg.e47da8774e2329d91ee9e6dac1c12af1.jpeg

BA5D0FD1-3B5D-4F9B-BB60-3BF382C1F8F4.jpeg.229a0ecf773e97a9735e76b3bed34789.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Chateau de Berne 2020 Inspiration Rosé

Every released vintage of this rosé shares an excellent rating and a reasonable price. Easy to find at Total Wine or a similar establishment. Several online distributors with prices starting at $18.49.

Winemaker Notes

A bold, intense pink color that falls in the deeper pink spectrum. Classic Provence. Floral, clean, fresh berries first then followed by fresh herbs and flowers – like walking through a Provence lavender field on an early summer morning. The harmony of bright acidity, rich texture and dry finish show the completeness of this wine. Creamy strawberry notes up front and lingering flavors of fresh basil, thyme, lavender.

Pair with classic roasted chicken with lemon and Herbs de Provence, grilled lobster. An incredible wine for the holiday table with its visual appeal and ability to pair with a variety of challenging Thanksgiving and holiday dishes.

91 Wine Enthusiast 

Aging on the lees has allowed this wine to have depth and ripe concentration, which contrast well with the bright red-berry flavors and spicy, tight aftertaste. Drink now for best enjoyment.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 7

Rabbit, rabbit, White Rabbit!    Good morning, everyone.  

@Rowsby My sincere condolences on the loss of your husband.  I am thankful his passing was peaceful and that you and your family have wonderful memories to help you through this difficult time.  

It is starting off as kind of a crappy day here in northeast Ohio.   I have a busy day here.   I'm heading to the pool and after that I have to drive over to the hospital and pick up some concoction I need to drink before my CT scan on Monday.  Then, I come home to a Zoom meeting followed by a phone chat.  

I always wanted to learn how to tat.   The lace that is made is so beautiful.  I am sure it is really time consuming.  I'm trying to find time to finish cutting out my material for my next quilt.  

Today's meal sounds wonderful.  And, @grapau27 Graham, you can cook the salmon to your desired doneness.  I like mine fully cooked as well.  Here is a bit of a tutorial on how to grill salmon on a cedar plank.  https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-grill-salmon-on-a-cedar-plank-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-152412

773700063_cedarplanksalmon4.thumb.jpg.c1a3e76b96667faaa23244c9a95a45ee.jpg

Once you master how to work with the cedar planks, you can get creative with how you season the salmon.   Lots to choose from here.  Our first selection comes from Bobby Flay and the Food Network.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cedar-plank-salmon-recipe-2013938

1430126628_cedarplanksalmon1.jpeg.5efbb05d2f8a50859bf708908f066c33.jpeg

Bobby used a mustard and brown sugar topping for his salmon.  The classically trained chef, Jenn Segal, uses lemon, garlic, and herbs.   Mmmmm.   https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/cedar-plank-salmon-with-lemon-garlic-herbs.html

2015990202_cedarplanksalmon2.thumb.jpg.7b53a86c32e28c201db8dbb3bf572bf1.jpg

And, finally, we have a smoky sweet salmon offering.   Smoked paprika helps provide the smoky flavor.  The asparagus looks good in this recipe as well.    https://www.howsweeteats.com/2021/05/cedar-plank-salmon/

598744645_cedarplanksalmon3.thumb.jpg.33ef93ba5594760365de3b480c46d1ed.jpg

You can use the cedar planks in the oven as well.  

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine and our Daily family members in need.   Cheers to all who are celebrating.  Wishing everyone a marvelous day!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 9

26 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

I am so sorry to read this. 😞   Thankful you have wonderful cruise memories. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

I’m so sorry. 😢 Keep those memories close to your heart. 🙏🙏

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1